Following up some of my earlier post questions in preparation for a trip to Andalucia this fall: I am interested in the reconstruction of Malaga following the damages inflicted during the 1931 violence and the 1936-39 Civil War years and also the restoration of the historic centro beginning in the 1990s, plus the new developments in the harbor area (Muelle Uno, the “Cube” of the Pompidou Center, etc.) I have located some of the urban planning documents of the city, papers of the EU urban development program, and similar sources. But so far I have not found what would be the ideal source: “The Reconstruction and Restoration of Malaga’s Historic Centro”—perhaps that does not exist. ☹
I would welcome any suggestions about sources concerning all of this post-1939 urban development and historic restoration, and thanks already to kimhe, chapla, bedar, rubicund, progol, robert2533 and others who have given earlier ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Place to stay
- 2 CROATIA, SLOVENIA 16 days itinerary help
- 3 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 4 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 London advice
- 7 London 7 Day Paper Travelcard clarification
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 10 Eating in Italy with food allergies
- 11 Another Question re Scotland
- 12 Train up the Jungfrau
- 13 Charming areas to explore in London
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Valencia, Spain
- 16 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 17 Visit to Engand
- 18 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 19 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 20 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 21 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 22 Driver"s License & Language
- 23 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 25 credit and debit cards