Following up some of my earlier post questions in preparation for a trip to Andalucia this fall: I am interested in the reconstruction of Malaga following the damages inflicted during the 1931 violence and the 1936-39 Civil War years and also the restoration of the historic centro beginning in the 1990s, plus the new developments in the harbor area (Muelle Uno, the “Cube” of the Pompidou Center, etc.) I have located some of the urban planning documents of the city, papers of the EU urban development program, and similar sources. But so far I have not found what would be the ideal source: “The Reconstruction and Restoration of Malaga’s Historic Centro”—perhaps that does not exist. ☹
I would welcome any suggestions about sources concerning all of this post-1939 urban development and historic restoration, and thanks already to kimhe, chapla, bedar, rubicund, progol, robert2533 and others who have given earlier ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Borghese Gallery Question
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Sim Card
- 8 Transport for local Venice travel
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 16 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 17 Towns around Lucca
- 18 Cork questions
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Italy Vacation
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa