Following up some of my earlier post questions in preparation for a trip to Andalucia this fall: I am interested in the reconstruction of Malaga following the damages inflicted during the 1931 violence and the 1936-39 Civil War years and also the restoration of the historic centro beginning in the 1990s, plus the new developments in the harbor area (Muelle Uno, the “Cube” of the Pompidou Center, etc.) I have located some of the urban planning documents of the city, papers of the EU urban development program, and similar sources. But so far I have not found what would be the ideal source: “The Reconstruction and Restoration of Malaga’s Historic Centro”—perhaps that does not exist. ☹
I would welcome any suggestions about sources concerning all of this post-1939 urban development and historic restoration, and thanks already to kimhe, chapla, bedar, rubicund, progol, robert2533 and others who have given earlier ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Places of interest
- 2 getting to CDG
- 3 Croatia transportation question.
- 4 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 5 Ireland hotel questions
- 6 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 7 vienna
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Croatia Ferry Help
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 12 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 17 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 18 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 19 Switzerland in November?
- 20 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 21 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 24 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 25 Barcelona cooking classes