Following up some of my earlier post questions in preparation for a trip to Andalucia this fall: I am interested in the reconstruction of Malaga following the damages inflicted during the 1931 violence and the 1936-39 Civil War years and also the restoration of the historic centro beginning in the 1990s, plus the new developments in the harbor area (Muelle Uno, the “Cube” of the Pompidou Center, etc.) I have located some of the urban planning documents of the city, papers of the EU urban development program, and similar sources. But so far I have not found what would be the ideal source: “The Reconstruction and Restoration of Malaga’s Historic Centro”—perhaps that does not exist. ☹
I would welcome any suggestions about sources concerning all of this post-1939 urban development and historic restoration, and thanks already to kimhe, chapla, bedar, rubicund, progol, robert2533 and others who have given earlier ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 3 SURPRISE TRIP
- 4 Milos beach stay
- 5 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 6 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 7 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 8 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 9 One day around Lake Brienz
- 10 Bayeux Restaurants
- 11 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 12 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 13 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 14 Best Viking Sites
- 15 Language to use in Belgium
- 16 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 20 Car Hire Bologna
- 21 Sherry Triangle--Where to Stay
- 22 San Sebastian Beaches
- 23 Skiathos 2017
- 24 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?