My friend and I (both mid-30s) will be spending 4 nights in Majorca. The first 3 we have booked an apartment in Palma de Majorca. We would like to spend the last night at the beach - north, east or south. There are so many options!
Ideally, the beach would be a relatively easy drive or bus from Palma, would be beautiful (aren't they all?), and lively enough but not annoyingly touristy.
A few options I have seen are: Colonia Sant Jordi / Es Trenc, Port Pollensa, Cala Ratjada, Canyamel, and Cala Mondrago. Could anyone who has been to these beaches explain to me the differences? I was at first thinking Es Trenc was easiest to drive to and the boat ride to the islands sounded great, but then I've seen they don't actually get good reviews online. Perhaps one of the busier east or northern beaches would be ok since they are beautiful and have caves?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My 60th birthday surprises
- 2 Help with first time trip with family
- 3 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 4 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 5 Spain car rental questions
- 6 Verona or Athens?
- 7 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 Basque country ideas
- 10 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 11 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 12 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 13 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 14 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 15 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 18 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 19 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 20 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 21 European Cooking Secrets
- 22 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 23 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 24 RHK's Fall escape
- 25 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam