My friend and I (both mid-30s) will be spending 4 nights in Majorca. The first 3 we have booked an apartment in Palma de Majorca. We would like to spend the last night at the beach - north, east or south. There are so many options!
Ideally, the beach would be a relatively easy drive or bus from Palma, would be beautiful (aren't they all?), and lively enough but not annoyingly touristy.
A few options I have seen are: Colonia Sant Jordi / Es Trenc, Port Pollensa, Cala Ratjada, Canyamel, and Cala Mondrago. Could anyone who has been to these beaches explain to me the differences? I was at first thinking Es Trenc was easiest to drive to and the boat ride to the islands sounded great, but then I've seen they don't actually get good reviews online. Perhaps one of the busier east or northern beaches would be ok since they are beautiful and have caves?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Championship
- 2 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 3 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 4 12 days in Austria
- 5 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 6 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 7 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 8 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 9 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 10 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 11 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 12 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 13 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 14 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 15 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 16 Italy by car
- 17 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 18 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 19 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 20 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 21 Ireland in October?
- 22 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 23 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 24 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 25 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's