I am tagging along with my dad on one of his business trips to Mainz from June 26-July 1st. He will be doing some work while we are there, so I will have quite a bit of free time. During my dads free time we are going to go to Munich for a day, and we will take a boat ride down the Rhine.
On Tuesday I will have the whole day to myself, and am trying to plan a day trip. I will say I am quite ambitious as a traveler, and wouldn't even mind traveling out of the country. Does anyone have any suggestions for a long day trip out of Mainz? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Denis Cathedral
- 2 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 3 Praiano
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 Help please
- 8 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 13 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 14 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 15 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 16 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 17 Rome to venice
- 18 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 19 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 21 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Areas in Milan
- 24 Melia Colbert Paris
- 25 Perugia