I am tagging along with my dad on one of his business trips to Mainz from June 26-July 1st. He will be doing some work while we are there, so I will have quite a bit of free time. During my dads free time we are going to go to Munich for a day, and we will take a boat ride down the Rhine.
On Tuesday I will have the whole day to myself, and am trying to plan a day trip. I will say I am quite ambitious as a traveler, and wouldn't even mind traveling out of the country. Does anyone have any suggestions for a long day trip out of Mainz? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 2 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 3 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 4 How many days for Tallinn, Riga and Vilinus?
- 5 Milan airport to Duomo area by train?
- 6 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 9 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 10 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 11 Como or Bellagio
- 12 Alhambra
- 13 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 14 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 15 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 16 where to stay in Malta
- 17 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 18 Netflix and Hulu
- 19 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 20 Germany in 7 days
- 21 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 22 Car rental return Nice
- 23 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 24 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 25 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.