I am tagging along with my dad on one of his business trips to Mainz from June 26-July 1st. He will be doing some work while we are there, so I will have quite a bit of free time. During my dads free time we are going to go to Munich for a day, and we will take a boat ride down the Rhine.
On Tuesday I will have the whole day to myself, and am trying to plan a day trip. I will say I am quite ambitious as a traveler, and wouldn't even mind traveling out of the country. Does anyone have any suggestions for a long day trip out of Mainz? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome and Venice in December
- 2 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 3 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 4 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 5 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 6 Safest way to get to Dunkerque from Calais ferry terminal
- 7 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 8 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 9 permits. Has been proven to no other treatment
- 10 Shopping in Paris
- 11 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 12 Brussels Airport
- 13 spanish winery region(s)
- 14 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 15 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 16 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 17 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 18 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 19 Malta: baby food?
- 20 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 21 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 22 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 23 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 24 2 London theatre recommendations
- 25 Austria czech republic itinerary