I am tagging along with my dad on one of his business trips to Mainz from June 26-July 1st. He will be doing some work while we are there, so I will have quite a bit of free time. During my dads free time we are going to go to Munich for a day, and we will take a boat ride down the Rhine.
On Tuesday I will have the whole day to myself, and am trying to plan a day trip. I will say I am quite ambitious as a traveler, and wouldn't even mind traveling out of the country. Does anyone have any suggestions for a long day trip out of Mainz? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 2 Seville Itinerary
- 3 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 4 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 5 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 6 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 7 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 8 First timers to Italy
- 9 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 10 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 11 Spello v. Spoleto as base for Umbria
- 12 Amsterdam in August
- 13 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 14 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- 15 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 16 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 17 Train questions for Switzerland
- 18 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 19 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 20 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 21 Solo Travel Europe Winter
- 22 Portugal or Croatia
- 23 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 24 ATM card didn't work in Italy!
- 25 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?