Me and a group of friends are planning on visiting Greece from the US in Sept. Our current plan is to fly into Athens, then fly to Santorini. We were initially really set on going to Santorini because of it's beauty and it's the Greek Island we hear about the most but I'm having second thoughts about it. I keep reading that Santorini is much more busy, crowded, high end and honey mooney. Is there any truth in what I've read? We want to do a little bit of every thing - visit beaches, water activities, hike, site see, party and EAT! Which other Greek Island would you all recommend?
Aside from Greece we also want to visit the S of France(city is undecided) then Spain(Barcelona). Any suggestions on the best to travel to each destination?
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 2 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 3 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 4 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 5 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 8 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 9 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Italian lakes
- 12 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 14 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 15 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 16 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 17 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 18 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 19 10 day Italy
- 20 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 21 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 22 Prague itinerary advice
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Santorini lodging
- 25 Ireland
Mainly Greece.....and a little bit of S. of France and Spain