Looking for suggestions for a three day trip out of Madrid. I'll be visiting a friend there (who is a grad student studying in Madrid for a semester) for the last two weeks of December, and we'd like to do a long weekend to a city we've never been to. We've both traveled Italy and Spain extensively, and have been to Paris, so would love recommendations for exploring some place new. Only criteria is that is easily accessible via Madrid...whether it's plane or train, we just don't want to spend an entire day traveling. Our budget is moderate—willing to splurge here and there, but do not expect to stay in five star hotels. We both love food, wine, museums, and exploring cities. Welcoming any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 6 International Flight Question
- 7 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 8 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 9 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 15 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 16 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 17 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Interesting places to visit
- 20 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 21 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 22 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 23 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 24 Budapest in December 2017
- 25 Petrol in Greece