Looking for suggestions for a three day trip out of Madrid. I'll be visiting a friend there (who is a grad student studying in Madrid for a semester) for the last two weeks of December, and we'd like to do a long weekend to a city we've never been to. We've both traveled Italy and Spain extensively, and have been to Paris, so would love recommendations for exploring some place new. Only criteria is that is easily accessible via Madrid...whether it's plane or train, we just don't want to spend an entire day traveling. Our budget is moderate—willing to splurge here and there, but do not expect to stay in five star hotels. We both love food, wine, museums, and exploring cities. Welcoming any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 God Save the Queen?
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Iceland early december visit
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 8 Days in Spain
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 Milan or Turin
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 22 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 25 Frankfurt to UK