Looking for suggestions for a three day trip out of Madrid. I'll be visiting a friend there (who is a grad student studying in Madrid for a semester) for the last two weeks of December, and we'd like to do a long weekend to a city we've never been to. We've both traveled Italy and Spain extensively, and have been to Paris, so would love recommendations for exploring some place new. Only criteria is that is easily accessible via Madrid...whether it's plane or train, we just don't want to spend an entire day traveling. Our budget is moderate—willing to splurge here and there, but do not expect to stay in five star hotels. We both love food, wine, museums, and exploring cities. Welcoming any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BULLGUARD@ antivirus Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 6 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland