Looking for suggestions for a three day trip out of Madrid. I'll be visiting a friend there (who is a grad student studying in Madrid for a semester) for the last two weeks of December, and we'd like to do a long weekend to a city we've never been to. We've both traveled Italy and Spain extensively, and have been to Paris, so would love recommendations for exploring some place new. Only criteria is that is easily accessible via Madrid...whether it's plane or train, we just don't want to spend an entire day traveling. Our budget is moderate—willing to splurge here and there, but do not expect to stay in five star hotels. We both love food, wine, museums, and exploring cities. Welcoming any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in May and June
- 2 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 3 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 4 Bath/Cotswolds
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 Spain: train/rental car help
- 7 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 8 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 11 Globus Iberian Tour
- 12 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 Italy travel plan help
- 15 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 16 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 17 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 18 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 19 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 20 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 21 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 22 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 23 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary