Looking for suggestions for a three day trip out of Madrid. I'll be visiting a friend there (who is a grad student studying in Madrid for a semester) for the last two weeks of December, and we'd like to do a long weekend to a city we've never been to. We've both traveled Italy and Spain extensively, and have been to Paris, so would love recommendations for exploring some place new. Only criteria is that is easily accessible via Madrid...whether it's plane or train, we just don't want to spend an entire day traveling. Our budget is moderate—willing to splurge here and there, but do not expect to stay in five star hotels. We both love food, wine, museums, and exploring cities. Welcoming any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon trip report
- 2 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 3 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 4 Ireland in April
- 5 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 6 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 7 Driving in Italy?
- 8 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 9 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 13 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 14 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Scotland Trip
- 17 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 18 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 19 So much to do, so little time!
- 20 Tour of Northern Italy
- 21 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 22 Germany in December Trip Report
- 23 Naples, Italy
- 24 San Sebastian
- 25 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?