There are 4 of us (Australians) flying into Madrid in September, and we are spending a month travelling along the southern coast, then up the coast of Portugal and then back to Madrid when we will do a couple of day trips to see the lovely towns close to Madrid (eg Toledo)
We stay a couple of nights in Madrid when we first arrive, then we are travelling down to Granada where we stay for two nights before heading off to Ronda (where we have hired a fabulous looking house for a week and timed it for the Ronda festival). What I would really like to know is whether the trip from Madrid to Granada would justify us hiring a car in Madrid and driving down to see the scenery or whether you think we should buy tickets for a short flight to Granada?
This is my first Fodor post, but I have loved reading this forum for such a long time. I used it last year for a trip to France, and got some GREAT tips. Thank you to everyone who contributes!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 2 Switzerland in October
- 3 HP Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 4 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Help on ancient history route
- 7 Italy in January?
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 10 2 days in Lugano area
- 11 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 12 Tuscany First Time
- 13 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 14 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Recommendations
- 17 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 18 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Paris- restaurant
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 25 Iceland car rental agencies