There are 4 of us (Australians) flying into Madrid in September, and we are spending a month travelling along the southern coast, then up the coast of Portugal and then back to Madrid when we will do a couple of day trips to see the lovely towns close to Madrid (eg Toledo)
We stay a couple of nights in Madrid when we first arrive, then we are travelling down to Granada where we stay for two nights before heading off to Ronda (where we have hired a fabulous looking house for a week and timed it for the Ronda festival). What I would really like to know is whether the trip from Madrid to Granada would justify us hiring a car in Madrid and driving down to see the scenery or whether you think we should buy tickets for a short flight to Granada?
This is my first Fodor post, but I have loved reading this forum for such a long time. I used it last year for a trip to France, and got some GREAT tips. Thank you to everyone who contributes!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 2 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 3 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 4 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 5 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 6 Paris cooking classes
- 7 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking