There are 4 of us (Australians) flying into Madrid in September, and we are spending a month travelling along the southern coast, then up the coast of Portugal and then back to Madrid when we will do a couple of day trips to see the lovely towns close to Madrid (eg Toledo)
We stay a couple of nights in Madrid when we first arrive, then we are travelling down to Granada where we stay for two nights before heading off to Ronda (where we have hired a fabulous looking house for a week and timed it for the Ronda festival). What I would really like to know is whether the trip from Madrid to Granada would justify us hiring a car in Madrid and driving down to see the scenery or whether you think we should buy tickets for a short flight to Granada?
This is my first Fodor post, but I have loved reading this forum for such a long time. I used it last year for a trip to France, and got some GREAT tips. Thank you to everyone who contributes!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 2 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 3 Hotel in Vienna
- 4 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 5 English Countryside
- 6 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 7 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 8 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 9 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 10 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 11 Naples, Italy
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 15 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 Engadine Valley help
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 22 Tuscany 6 nights
- 23 France & Italy, May or June
- 24 Planning a European Trip
- 25 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures