There are 4 of us (Australians) flying into Madrid in September, and we are spending a month travelling along the southern coast, then up the coast of Portugal and then back to Madrid when we will do a couple of day trips to see the lovely towns close to Madrid (eg Toledo)
We stay a couple of nights in Madrid when we first arrive, then we are travelling down to Granada where we stay for two nights before heading off to Ronda (where we have hired a fabulous looking house for a week and timed it for the Ronda festival). What I would really like to know is whether the trip from Madrid to Granada would justify us hiring a car in Madrid and driving down to see the scenery or whether you think we should buy tickets for a short flight to Granada?
This is my first Fodor post, but I have loved reading this forum for such a long time. I used it last year for a trip to France, and got some GREAT tips. Thank you to everyone who contributes!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 7 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 8 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 9 Azores
- 10 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 11 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Short Trip in July
- 15 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 16 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 19 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 22 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Sim Card Options
- 25 Greek Islands (small)