I'm used to walking around European cities on my own but am kind of wondering about the Madrid street scene because of the current economic situation in Spain with its high unemployment rate. I'm a middle age woman who doesn't have any physical problems but I sure don't look Spanish. I don't plan to be wearing any jewelry and I always carry my shoulder bag with the strap across my body. Anybody have any recent experiences (good or bad) they can share? Any advice (beyond obvious stuff like don't hang the bag on the back of your restaurant chair and don't wear white sneakers) would be welcome too.
Madrid Street Safety
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 6 Overnight stopover in London!
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 12 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 13 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 14 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 15 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 16 Walking around Barcelona??
- 17 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 18 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 19 Novels set in Greece
- 20 Spain and Portugal
- 21 Three for the road
- 22 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 25 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested