I'm used to walking around European cities on my own but am kind of wondering about the Madrid street scene because of the current economic situation in Spain with its high unemployment rate. I'm a middle age woman who doesn't have any physical problems but I sure don't look Spanish. I don't plan to be wearing any jewelry and I always carry my shoulder bag with the strap across my body. Anybody have any recent experiences (good or bad) they can share? Any advice (beyond obvious stuff like don't hang the bag on the back of your restaurant chair and don't wear white sneakers) would be welcome too.
Madrid Street Safety
- 1 What is the best food in France?
- 2 Where to stay in London in July
- 3 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 4 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 5 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 6 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 7 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 8 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 9 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 10 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 11 This is a great book if you are visiting Venice
- 12 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 13 ferry to Harwich
- 14 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 15 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 16 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 17 Berlin Hotels
- 18 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 19 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 20 Ireland----the isle of pleasant surprises!
- 21 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 22 Who has travelled with Smart Tours or Friendly Planet??
- 23 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 24 Tennyson Home
- 25 Istanbul Hotels