I'm used to walking around European cities on my own but am kind of wondering about the Madrid street scene because of the current economic situation in Spain with its high unemployment rate. I'm a middle age woman who doesn't have any physical problems but I sure don't look Spanish. I don't plan to be wearing any jewelry and I always carry my shoulder bag with the strap across my body. Anybody have any recent experiences (good or bad) they can share? Any advice (beyond obvious stuff like don't hang the bag on the back of your restaurant chair and don't wear white sneakers) would be welcome too.
Madrid Street Safety
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 2 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 6 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 7 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 8 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 9 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 10 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 11 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 12 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 16 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 17 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 18 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 19 nearby cities to london
- 20 Hotel in Venice
- 21 9 days in turkey
- 22 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 25 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome