I'm used to walking around European cities on my own but am kind of wondering about the Madrid street scene because of the current economic situation in Spain with its high unemployment rate. I'm a middle age woman who doesn't have any physical problems but I sure don't look Spanish. I don't plan to be wearing any jewelry and I always carry my shoulder bag with the strap across my body. Anybody have any recent experiences (good or bad) they can share? Any advice (beyond obvious stuff like don't hang the bag on the back of your restaurant chair and don't wear white sneakers) would be welcome too.
Madrid Street Safety
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 3 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 4 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 5 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 6 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 7 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 8 England and Scotland
- 9 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 10 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 11 Athens/Istanbul March
- 12 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 15 Dublin to Armagh?
- 16 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 17 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 18 Gite and/or agritourism
- 19 Apartment for family trip to London
- 20 Prebook B&Bs
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 20 days in Germany
- 25 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?