I'm used to walking around European cities on my own but am kind of wondering about the Madrid street scene because of the current economic situation in Spain with its high unemployment rate. I'm a middle age woman who doesn't have any physical problems but I sure don't look Spanish. I don't plan to be wearing any jewelry and I always carry my shoulder bag with the strap across my body. Anybody have any recent experiences (good or bad) they can share? Any advice (beyond obvious stuff like don't hang the bag on the back of your restaurant chair and don't wear white sneakers) would be welcome too.
Madrid Street Safety
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 2 flea markets in France
- 3 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 4 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 5 I need a haircut
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 8 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 9 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 10 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 11 Madrid apartments
- 12 London neighborhood suggestions
- 13 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 14 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 15 Timing a river cruise
- 16 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 17 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 18 We Need a Pact
- 19 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 20 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 21 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 22 Tipping in Greece
- 23 Honeymooning in Europe
- 24 Southern France
- 25 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help