I'm used to walking around European cities on my own but am kind of wondering about the Madrid street scene because of the current economic situation in Spain with its high unemployment rate. I'm a middle age woman who doesn't have any physical problems but I sure don't look Spanish. I don't plan to be wearing any jewelry and I always carry my shoulder bag with the strap across my body. Anybody have any recent experiences (good or bad) they can share? Any advice (beyond obvious stuff like don't hang the bag on the back of your restaurant chair and don't wear white sneakers) would be welcome too.
Madrid Street Safety
- 1 First night after arriving in Milan
- 2 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 3 Which tour company would be best?
- 4 France by rail or car?
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 7 Planning my days in Paris
- 8 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 9 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 10 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 11 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 12 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 13 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 14 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 15 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 16 London at Xmas
- 17 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 18 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 19 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 20 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 21 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 22 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions
- 23 Portugal Trip 21-30 April 2013
- 24 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 25 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!