I am writing a new post as we are fine tuning our 17 day summer vacation in Spain and we need some help deciding where to visit after Madrid and Seville.
We have dedicated 5 days to Madrid and 3 days to Seville, leaving us with 9 days to either stay in Andalusia or travel to the eastern coast.
We are deciding between the following:
Staying in Granada for 2 days, seeing Cordoba (as a 1 day trip from Seville), staying in Arco De Frontera for 3 days and doing day trips from there (seeing Ronda and Zahara) and staying in a coastal beach town in the Costa del Sol for 3 days. However, this coast seems to be overdeveloped and quite commercialized and we have had a difficult time finding a small medieval type beach town that has retained it's character.
Travelling to Valencia and spending time on the Costa Blanca and the Costa Valencia. It seems the City of Valencia is very interesting and beautiful and the surrounding area has much to offer. The small towns that dot these Costas have a different flavour than in Andalusia and would give us a flavour of both regions (we enjoy doing this on many of our European vacations). As well, the eastern coast does seem to have warmer waters making the time spent on the beach a little more enjoyable.
Thank you so much everyone for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 6 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 7 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 10 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 11 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 12 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Apartment Montreux area
- 17 Rome or Venice first
- 18 Europe First Timers
- 19 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 20 Safety in Rome
- 21 An evening in London
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Chur or St Moritz?