I am writing a new post as we are fine tuning our 17 day summer vacation in Spain and we need some help deciding where to visit after Madrid and Seville.
We have dedicated 5 days to Madrid and 3 days to Seville, leaving us with 9 days to either stay in Andalusia or travel to the eastern coast.
We are deciding between the following:
Staying in Granada for 2 days, seeing Cordoba (as a 1 day trip from Seville), staying in Arco De Frontera for 3 days and doing day trips from there (seeing Ronda and Zahara) and staying in a coastal beach town in the Costa del Sol for 3 days. However, this coast seems to be overdeveloped and quite commercialized and we have had a difficult time finding a small medieval type beach town that has retained it's character.
Travelling to Valencia and spending time on the Costa Blanca and the Costa Valencia. It seems the City of Valencia is very interesting and beautiful and the surrounding area has much to offer. The small towns that dot these Costas have a different flavour than in Andalusia and would give us a flavour of both regions (we enjoy doing this on many of our European vacations). As well, the eastern coast does seem to have warmer waters making the time spent on the beach a little more enjoyable.
Thank you so much everyone for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 2 .Baba Yahoo 1 8009828520 yahOO Tech SUPP0rt phone number
- 3 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 6 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 7 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 8 Maximizing Norway time
- 9 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 10 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 11 Hiking in Switzerland
- 12 Best layover option
- 13 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 14 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 15 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 16 Berlin
- 17 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 18 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 19 3 days solo in London
- 20 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 21 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 22 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 25 Belfast leading up to July 12