I am writing a new post as we are fine tuning our 17 day summer vacation in Spain and we need some help deciding where to visit after Madrid and Seville.
We have dedicated 5 days to Madrid and 3 days to Seville, leaving us with 9 days to either stay in Andalusia or travel to the eastern coast.
We are deciding between the following:
Staying in Granada for 2 days, seeing Cordoba (as a 1 day trip from Seville), staying in Arco De Frontera for 3 days and doing day trips from there (seeing Ronda and Zahara) and staying in a coastal beach town in the Costa del Sol for 3 days. However, this coast seems to be overdeveloped and quite commercialized and we have had a difficult time finding a small medieval type beach town that has retained it's character.
Travelling to Valencia and spending time on the Costa Blanca and the Costa Valencia. It seems the City of Valencia is very interesting and beautiful and the surrounding area has much to offer. The small towns that dot these Costas have a different flavour than in Andalusia and would give us a flavour of both regions (we enjoy doing this on many of our European vacations). As well, the eastern coast does seem to have warmer waters making the time spent on the beach a little more enjoyable.
Thank you so much everyone for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 2 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 3 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 4 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 5 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 6 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 7 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 10 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 11 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 12 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 15 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 17 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 18 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 19 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 20 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 21 WWI Battlefields
- 22 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 23 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 24 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip