I am writing a new post as we are fine tuning our 17 day summer vacation in Spain and we need some help deciding where to visit after Madrid and Seville.
We have dedicated 5 days to Madrid and 3 days to Seville, leaving us with 9 days to either stay in Andalusia or travel to the eastern coast.
We are deciding between the following:
Staying in Granada for 2 days, seeing Cordoba (as a 1 day trip from Seville), staying in Arco De Frontera for 3 days and doing day trips from there (seeing Ronda and Zahara) and staying in a coastal beach town in the Costa del Sol for 3 days. However, this coast seems to be overdeveloped and quite commercialized and we have had a difficult time finding a small medieval type beach town that has retained it's character.
Travelling to Valencia and spending time on the Costa Blanca and the Costa Valencia. It seems the City of Valencia is very interesting and beautiful and the surrounding area has much to offer. The small towns that dot these Costas have a different flavour than in Andalusia and would give us a flavour of both regions (we enjoy doing this on many of our European vacations). As well, the eastern coast does seem to have warmer waters making the time spent on the beach a little more enjoyable.
Thank you so much everyone for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 2 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 3 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 4 Scotland Trip
- 5 French restaurants
- 6 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 7 Croatia trip Planning
- 8 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 9 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 10 Do not use MYIPB to ship from London
- 11 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 12 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 Trains in Alps and UK
- 17 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 18 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 19 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 Germany in December Trip Report
- 23 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 24 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 25 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands