Husband and I want to visit Spain in May. This is the situation we have coming from Alaska:
1. It will take us 2 full days of travel to arrive in Madrid.
2. We are using airline miles so we can only arrive/leave from Madrid or Barcelona. I'm thinking of arr/dep from Madrid and doing Andalusia on this trip.
2. We only have 13 full days in country. Then 2 days to get back home.
I'm thinking we'd spend the first night (we arrive around 6:30pm) in Madrid. Spend the next days and 2 nights there.
On day 3 take the train to Sevilla in the morning and spend 4 days/days there. Taking day trips to various places. I don't want to spend the time wandering museums and such. The Cathedral and a few other places are enough for me. But I want the tapas scene, flamenco show, maybe a bullfight.
Day 7 Head to Nerja where we can spend 4 nights/4 days ( Not sure if we should drive the route and then keep the car for day trips or just the train). Beach time and a day or two of scuba diving.
Day 11 Head to Granada for 2 nights.
Day 13 Make our way back to Madrid by train
Does this itinerary make sense to those of you that have actually been there
I'm looking at Air BnB apartments and the prices are pretty good with good locations in each of these cities.
Any advice is welcome. Thank you advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 Milos beach stay
- 3 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 4 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 5 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 7 Whistle stop family road trip
- 8 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 9 Tourist Perspective On Croatia
- 10 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 11 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Appenzell in December?
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Sao Vicente Hike on Madeira
- 16 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 17 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 18 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 22 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 23 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 24 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 25 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
Madrid-Sevilla-Nerja-Granada-Madrid Itinerary-Feedback Please