Hi. Am heading to Spain for 8 days in late May to celebrate dh's 50th. I have all my dining plans down for Sevilla (3 nights) but am really struggling with Madrid (4 nights). This is never a problem for me-I usually have too many restaurants. We will be doing mostly tapas in Sevilla so figure we want more sit downs in Madrid. So far I have a reservation at Laredo (for the lamb, suckling pig and razor clams) and Lua for the birthday celebration (thanks EK!) and will do Calle Cava Baja tapas crawl with Casa Lucas, Xentes and Tximiri (thanks SusaninToronto) (the last 2 being Basque.) I'd love to try one more regional or favorite restaurant. I don't want anything too formal. Am considering Los Asturianos, Sacha, Arzabal but am very undecided. Any help out there?? Thanks all.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 4 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 8 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 9 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 10 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 11 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 12 Spain - Andalucia
- 13 Gogartys, Dublin
- 14 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 15 Europe with young teens
- 16 Medieval Tallinn
- 17 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 18 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 19 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 20 London – five days with two teen boys
- 21 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 24 15 days in Europe,
- 25 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain