Hi all! We are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks for Spain. Visiting friends in Madrid but we will have lots of time on our own and I don't want them to feel obligated to take us out of the city touring. Would like to do Toledo and Segovia day tours. Have been told we can take a train directly, but where exactly will that leave us? Is that not a really smart idea when there is so much to see and do once we get there by train? Are we going to have to trek a bunch to get to where we are going? Should we book a tour, and if so, we would only be interested in a tour that was very informative on history/culture and not just to shuffle us about. We are traveling with our almost 14 and 12 year olds. Thanks!!
Madrid--Day trips out of the city
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Halloween in Paris
- 2 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 3 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 4 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 5 how long in Malta?
- 6 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 7 I dream of Europe
- 8 planning a trip to Europe next year!
- 9 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 10 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 11 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 12 Norway 2014
- 13 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 14 A Greek sojourn
- 15 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 16 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 17 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 18 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 19 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 20 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 21 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 22 Weekend in Norfolk
- 23 Burgundy in May
- 24 Norway Advice
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two