Hi all! We are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks for Spain. Visiting friends in Madrid but we will have lots of time on our own and I don't want them to feel obligated to take us out of the city touring. Would like to do Toledo and Segovia day tours. Have been told we can take a train directly, but where exactly will that leave us? Is that not a really smart idea when there is so much to see and do once we get there by train? Are we going to have to trek a bunch to get to where we are going? Should we book a tour, and if so, we would only be interested in a tour that was very informative on history/culture and not just to shuffle us about. We are traveling with our almost 14 and 12 year olds. Thanks!!
Madrid--Day trips out of the city
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 2 Advises for trip to Russia
- 3 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 4 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 5 First time traveler to Ireland
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 17 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 18 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!