Hi all! We are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks for Spain. Visiting friends in Madrid but we will have lots of time on our own and I don't want them to feel obligated to take us out of the city touring. Would like to do Toledo and Segovia day tours. Have been told we can take a train directly, but where exactly will that leave us? Is that not a really smart idea when there is so much to see and do once we get there by train? Are we going to have to trek a bunch to get to where we are going? Should we book a tour, and if so, we would only be interested in a tour that was very informative on history/culture and not just to shuffle us about. We are traveling with our almost 14 and 12 year olds. Thanks!!
Madrid--Day trips out of the city
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 2 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 3 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 4 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 5 Paris in 1 Day
- 6 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 7 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 8 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 9 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 10 Transports in Santorini
- 11 Scotland Votes "No"
- 12 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 13 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 14 Oslo in early Oct
- 15 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 16 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 17 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 18 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 19 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 20 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 23 Best day trips from Paris
- 24 Santorini transportation
- 25 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?