Hi all! We are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks for Spain. Visiting friends in Madrid but we will have lots of time on our own and I don't want them to feel obligated to take us out of the city touring. Would like to do Toledo and Segovia day tours. Have been told we can take a train directly, but where exactly will that leave us? Is that not a really smart idea when there is so much to see and do once we get there by train? Are we going to have to trek a bunch to get to where we are going? Should we book a tour, and if so, we would only be interested in a tour that was very informative on history/culture and not just to shuffle us about. We are traveling with our almost 14 and 12 year olds. Thanks!!
Madrid--Day trips out of the city
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 2 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 3 Rome to Positano
- 4 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 5 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 6 help and advice
- 7 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 8 Is it a bad time to go?
- 9 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 10 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 11 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 12 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 13 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 14 Florence/ Tuscany Wine
- 15 Greek Island honeymoon
- 16 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 17 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 18 DCC on the increase?
- 19 Croatian Itenerary Help
- 20 2 week trip -Peloponnese, Greece
- 21 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 22 Naples and Salerno
- 23 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 24 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 25 Rome - A Couple of Questions