With flights at a low, we're thinking of going to Madrid for a week in October. We've never been to Spain, and chose Madrid because we can take day trips by train, and won't need to rent a car.
We have some interest in museums, but really like old cobbled streets, local markets, city green spaces and parks, outdoor cafes to sit and enjoy an afternoon, ambling around enjoying the architecture and ambience. Not so much major shopping unless it's local stores.
Paris is a city we love because it has all those things within a reasonably small area, but we want to try s new city. In our experience London doesn't have one defined city centre. So my question is, is Madrid more like Paris or London regarding the centre.
I find Paris a very comfortable city, London more of an effort, if that makes any sense? With only a week, it would be ideal to walk out of our apartment or hotel and walk a different direction each day.
That brings another question, based on our interests, any particular area we should be looking for. We are young seniors, and won't be hitting up any bars, so not looking for a young, hip, loud, tacky area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인바카라【KBK99.ＣoＭ】사이판카지노
- 2 라이브슬롯머신【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브카지노
- 3 My Topic Title신개념바카라룰【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아바카라
- 4 슈퍼카지노【KBK99.ＣoＭ】베팅바카라
- 5 블랙잭필승법【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아카지노
- 6 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 7 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 8 Bus Strike
- 9 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 10 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 11 London best location
- 12 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 13 Restaurant ideas for 50th in Sorrento
- 14 Train up the Jungfrau
- 15 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 16 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 17 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 18 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 19 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 20 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 21 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 22 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 23 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 24 Paris doctor house calls
- 25 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing