I was hoping to get some information on the best way to get from the airport in Madrid to our hotel near Puerta del Sol. There will be 5 of us, three brothers and our two parents traveling to Madrid in two weeks. We will be arriving around 11:00 am and have hotel reservations near Puerta del Sol. I have seen many different options for transport to our hotel, including metro, air-bus, taxi.
we were originally thinking metro, since it would be the cheapest option, but with the time it takes and the changing of metros i was thinking that this might become more of a hassle than anything else. i realize that taxi is going to be quite more expensive, but should be much less hassle since they are so plentiful at the airport. my question is, will we have a difficult time locating a taxi that can carry 5 individuals (plus luggage) to Puerta del Sol. and how much should we figure our charge for this transport? (if we split the cost 5 ways, it shouldnt be that much) and will be much less of a hassle, as it will drop us off right in front of our hotel and save us alot of time.
any advice would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 2 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 tickets for Wimbledon
- 6 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 7 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 8 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 9 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 10 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 11 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 12 Italy in January?
- 13 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 14 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 15 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 16 Berlin to ?
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Renting a car in Greece
- 19 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 20 Piedmont question
- 21 Insurance on rental car options
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 24 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 25 Sunday and Monday in Provence area