I was hoping to get some information on the best way to get from the airport in Madrid to our hotel near Puerta del Sol. There will be 5 of us, three brothers and our two parents traveling to Madrid in two weeks. We will be arriving around 11:00 am and have hotel reservations near Puerta del Sol. I have seen many different options for transport to our hotel, including metro, air-bus, taxi.
we were originally thinking metro, since it would be the cheapest option, but with the time it takes and the changing of metros i was thinking that this might become more of a hassle than anything else. i realize that taxi is going to be quite more expensive, but should be much less hassle since they are so plentiful at the airport. my question is, will we have a difficult time locating a taxi that can carry 5 individuals (plus luggage) to Puerta del Sol. and how much should we figure our charge for this transport? (if we split the cost 5 ways, it shouldnt be that much) and will be much less of a hassle, as it will drop us off right in front of our hotel and save us alot of time.
any advice would be great.
Madrid (Barajas Airport) to Puerta del Sol
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 2 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 3 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 4 Italy dolomites
- 5 Taormina Sicily
- 6 Northern Europe in April-May
- 7 history museums or locations
- 8 Iwango went…to Nice
- 9 22 year olds in Europe
- 10 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 11 Normandy and Loire
- 12 London neighborhood suggestions
- 13 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 14 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 15 Pyrenees logistics
- 16 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 17 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 18 5 Observations About Paris
- 19 Hotels/B&B's in Monterosso
- 20 Portugal Trip
- 21 One week in Spain, late May
- 22 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 23 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 24 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 25 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips