I was hoping to get some information on the best way to get from the airport in Madrid to our hotel near Puerta del Sol. There will be 5 of us, three brothers and our two parents traveling to Madrid in two weeks. We will be arriving around 11:00 am and have hotel reservations near Puerta del Sol. I have seen many different options for transport to our hotel, including metro, air-bus, taxi.
we were originally thinking metro, since it would be the cheapest option, but with the time it takes and the changing of metros i was thinking that this might become more of a hassle than anything else. i realize that taxi is going to be quite more expensive, but should be much less hassle since they are so plentiful at the airport. my question is, will we have a difficult time locating a taxi that can carry 5 individuals (plus luggage) to Puerta del Sol. and how much should we figure our charge for this transport? (if we split the cost 5 ways, it shouldnt be that much) and will be much less of a hassle, as it will drop us off right in front of our hotel and save us alot of time.
any advice would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 sfo to europe
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 First Trip to Europe!
- 4 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 5 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 6 visa appointment experience
- 7 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 8 Rue des Rosiers
- 9 Holiday in Austria
- 10 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 11 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 12 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 13 Italian Riviera
- 14 Switzerland in mid-April
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 17 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 18 Hamam Istanbul?
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 23 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 24 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 25 What to take to Germany