I was hoping to get some information on the best way to get from the airport in Madrid to our hotel near Puerta del Sol. There will be 5 of us, three brothers and our two parents traveling to Madrid in two weeks. We will be arriving around 11:00 am and have hotel reservations near Puerta del Sol. I have seen many different options for transport to our hotel, including metro, air-bus, taxi.
we were originally thinking metro, since it would be the cheapest option, but with the time it takes and the changing of metros i was thinking that this might become more of a hassle than anything else. i realize that taxi is going to be quite more expensive, but should be much less hassle since they are so plentiful at the airport. my question is, will we have a difficult time locating a taxi that can carry 5 individuals (plus luggage) to Puerta del Sol. and how much should we figure our charge for this transport? (if we split the cost 5 ways, it shouldnt be that much) and will be much less of a hassle, as it will drop us off right in front of our hotel and save us alot of time.
any advice would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 2 Train from Rome to Naples
- 3 Spain to Morocco
- 4 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 5 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 6 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 7 3 days in Beaune / Dijon...any tips/recos?
- 8 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 9 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 10 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 11 Lisbon to Porto by train
- 12 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 13 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 14 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 15 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 16 Lake Garda- Italy
- 17 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 18 Sardinia, Italy
- 19 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 20 Venice to Frankfort - via Switzerland?
- 21 Italy by car
- 22 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 23 Paris gtg in October?
- 24 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 25 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris