We are traveling with two young teens and are in the very preliminary stages of planning a trip to Madrid and Seville in February. This is the only time of year that we can go, although I'm hesitant about the weather. Cold temperatures and rainy days are to be expected, but will we be missing out on the beauty of the cities in the winter? (As an aside, last summer we were in Paris when it was unusually cool - low 60s, coats and sweaters needed, and lots of rain, but we still loved every minute of it.).
My feeling is that a trip to Europe in less than ideal weather is still better than no trip to Europe! Plus it's often more comfortable to walk around when it's not scorching hot. But I'm getting other feedback from friends who are encouraging us to wait until we can go during the spring or summer, which wouldn't be for several years. We're from NY so February here is bitter cold.
We would probably split time between Madrid and Seville - 4 nights in each- with day trips to Toledo and Córdoba. We try not to schedule a trip with too many museum visits, just to keep everyone happy. But we do enjoy exploring neighborhoods, soaking up the culture and trying new foods.
I'd love to get feedback from anyone who's been to Madrid or Seville in the winter. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Never Mind"
- 2 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 5 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 6 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 7 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 8 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 9 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 10 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 11 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 12 Killarney
- 13 Cornwall Advice
- 14 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 15 Florence Travel Guide
- 16 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 17 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 18 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 19 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 20 Rome Advice?
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Via del Sale, Italy
- 25 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?