We are traveling with two young teens and are in the very preliminary stages of planning a trip to Madrid and Seville in February. This is the only time of year that we can go, although I'm hesitant about the weather. Cold temperatures and rainy days are to be expected, but will we be missing out on the beauty of the cities in the winter? (As an aside, last summer we were in Paris when it was unusually cool - low 60s, coats and sweaters needed, and lots of rain, but we still loved every minute of it.).
My feeling is that a trip to Europe in less than ideal weather is still better than no trip to Europe! Plus it's often more comfortable to walk around when it's not scorching hot. But I'm getting other feedback from friends who are encouraging us to wait until we can go during the spring or summer, which wouldn't be for several years. We're from NY so February here is bitter cold.
We would probably split time between Madrid and Seville - 4 nights in each- with day trips to Toledo and Córdoba. We try not to schedule a trip with too many museum visits, just to keep everyone happy. But we do enjoy exploring neighborhoods, soaking up the culture and trying new foods.
I'd love to get feedback from anyone who's been to Madrid or Seville in the winter. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We are looking for friends to work together!
- 2 Porto in January
- 3 Birlikte çalışacak arkadaşlar arıyoruz!
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 8 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 9 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 10 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 11 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 12 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 13 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 14 Hotel Booking Discount!
- 15 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 16 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 17 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 18 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 19 Scotland itinerary advice
- 20 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 21 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 22 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 23 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 24 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 25 Munich to Hallstatt in a day