We are traveling with two young teens and are in the very preliminary stages of planning a trip to Madrid and Seville in February. This is the only time of year that we can go, although I'm hesitant about the weather. Cold temperatures and rainy days are to be expected, but will we be missing out on the beauty of the cities in the winter? (As an aside, last summer we were in Paris when it was unusually cool - low 60s, coats and sweaters needed, and lots of rain, but we still loved every minute of it.).
My feeling is that a trip to Europe in less than ideal weather is still better than no trip to Europe! Plus it's often more comfortable to walk around when it's not scorching hot. But I'm getting other feedback from friends who are encouraging us to wait until we can go during the spring or summer, which wouldn't be for several years. We're from NY so February here is bitter cold.
We would probably split time between Madrid and Seville - 4 nights in each- with day trips to Toledo and Córdoba. We try not to schedule a trip with too many museum visits, just to keep everyone happy. But we do enjoy exploring neighborhoods, soaking up the culture and trying new foods.
I'd love to get feedback from anyone who's been to Madrid or Seville in the winter. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 2 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 3 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 4 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 5 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 6 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 7 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 8 Iceland trip report!
- 9 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 10 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 11 Bernese Oberland
- 12 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 13 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 14 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 17 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 18 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 19 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 20 Denmark or Sweden?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Moscow Favorites
- 23 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 24 TIM in FCO - update
- 25 Life's most embarrassing moments