We are traveling with two young teens and are in the very preliminary stages of planning a trip to Madrid and Seville in February. This is the only time of year that we can go, although I'm hesitant about the weather. Cold temperatures and rainy days are to be expected, but will we be missing out on the beauty of the cities in the winter? (As an aside, last summer we were in Paris when it was unusually cool - low 60s, coats and sweaters needed, and lots of rain, but we still loved every minute of it.).
My feeling is that a trip to Europe in less than ideal weather is still better than no trip to Europe! Plus it's often more comfortable to walk around when it's not scorching hot. But I'm getting other feedback from friends who are encouraging us to wait until we can go during the spring or summer, which wouldn't be for several years. We're from NY so February here is bitter cold.
We would probably split time between Madrid and Seville - 4 nights in each- with day trips to Toledo and Córdoba. We try not to schedule a trip with too many museum visits, just to keep everyone happy. But we do enjoy exploring neighborhoods, soaking up the culture and trying new foods.
I'd love to get feedback from anyone who's been to Madrid or Seville in the winter. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 7 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 English Countryside
- 10 Tour of Northern Italy
- 11 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 12 Cognac transportation?
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 16 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 17 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 18 Granada to Madrid
- 19 San Sebastian
- 20 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 21 Hotel in Vienna
- 22 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 24 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 25 An hour and ten min enough for connection?