We are traveling with two young teens and are in the very preliminary stages of planning a trip to Madrid and Seville in February. This is the only time of year that we can go, although I'm hesitant about the weather. Cold temperatures and rainy days are to be expected, but will we be missing out on the beauty of the cities in the winter? (As an aside, last summer we were in Paris when it was unusually cool - low 60s, coats and sweaters needed, and lots of rain, but we still loved every minute of it.).
My feeling is that a trip to Europe in less than ideal weather is still better than no trip to Europe! Plus it's often more comfortable to walk around when it's not scorching hot. But I'm getting other feedback from friends who are encouraging us to wait until we can go during the spring or summer, which wouldn't be for several years. We're from NY so February here is bitter cold.
We would probably split time between Madrid and Seville - 4 nights in each- with day trips to Toledo and Córdoba. We try not to schedule a trip with too many museum visits, just to keep everyone happy. But we do enjoy exploring neighborhoods, soaking up the culture and trying new foods.
I'd love to get feedback from anyone who's been to Madrid or Seville in the winter. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 2 와와바카라⋞」✺「( SO224。COM )」✺「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 3 온라인바카라⋞」✺「( SO224。COM )」✺「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 4 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 5 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 6 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 7 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 8 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 9 Train help for Prague
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 14 Versailles
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 20 Where to enjoy Paris
- 21 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 24 Meteora for older folk
- 25 Tours of Versailles, Lyon