We are traveling with two young teens and are in the very preliminary stages of planning a trip to Madrid and Seville in February. This is the only time of year that we can go, although I'm hesitant about the weather. Cold temperatures and rainy days are to be expected, but will we be missing out on the beauty of the cities in the winter? (As an aside, last summer we were in Paris when it was unusually cool - low 60s, coats and sweaters needed, and lots of rain, but we still loved every minute of it.).
My feeling is that a trip to Europe in less than ideal weather is still better than no trip to Europe! Plus it's often more comfortable to walk around when it's not scorching hot. But I'm getting other feedback from friends who are encouraging us to wait until we can go during the spring or summer, which wouldn't be for several years. We're from NY so February here is bitter cold.
We would probably split time between Madrid and Seville - 4 nights in each- with day trips to Toledo and Córdoba. We try not to schedule a trip with too many museum visits, just to keep everyone happy. But we do enjoy exploring neighborhoods, soaking up the culture and trying new foods.
I'd love to get feedback from anyone who's been to Madrid or Seville in the winter. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 An evening in London
- 3 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 6 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 7 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 10 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 11 Chur or St Moritz?
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 14 Safety in Rome
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 19 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 20 Athens Help
- 21 Uber vs. TfL
- 22 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 23 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 24 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Apartment Montreux area