My wife and I will be spending 9 days in Spain (excluding flying to and from U.S.)
and will be arriving in Madrid.
We figure we can take in most of Madrid's sites in 4 to 5 days.
With the remaining 4 to 5 days, should we take day trips to cities like Toledo, Segovia, Valencia or would it be worth the 6 hour train ride (1 way) to San Sabastian and stay there for 3 days. We already have the return flight booked from Madrid so we would have to make the 6 hour return train from SS. We don't want to take a plane to and from SS. I'm thinking the day trips are the better way to go and avoid the long train rides. But I've heard so many good things about SS ! Can't decide, please share your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 2 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Alitala
- 9 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 19 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 20 Europe First Timers
- 21 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 22 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 25 Iceland for Nine Days