My wife and I will be spending 9 days in Spain (excluding flying to and from U.S.)
and will be arriving in Madrid.
We figure we can take in most of Madrid's sites in 4 to 5 days.
With the remaining 4 to 5 days, should we take day trips to cities like Toledo, Segovia, Valencia or would it be worth the 6 hour train ride (1 way) to San Sabastian and stay there for 3 days. We already have the return flight booked from Madrid so we would have to make the 6 hour return train from SS. We don't want to take a plane to and from SS. I'm thinking the day trips are the better way to go and avoid the long train rides. But I've heard so many good things about SS ! Can't decide, please share your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 3 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 4 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 5 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 6 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 7 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 8 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 9 Hotel Booking Discount!
- 10 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 11 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 12 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 13 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 14 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 15 Scotland itinerary advice
- 16 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 17 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 18 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 19 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 20 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 22 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 23 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 24 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 25 Fabric Shops in Paris