My wife and I will be spending 9 days in Spain (excluding flying to and from U.S.)
and will be arriving in Madrid.
We figure we can take in most of Madrid's sites in 4 to 5 days.
With the remaining 4 to 5 days, should we take day trips to cities like Toledo, Segovia, Valencia or would it be worth the 6 hour train ride (1 way) to San Sabastian and stay there for 3 days. We already have the return flight booked from Madrid so we would have to make the 6 hour return train from SS. We don't want to take a plane to and from SS. I'm thinking the day trips are the better way to go and avoid the long train rides. But I've heard so many good things about SS ! Can't decide, please share your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 2 Piedmont as a destination
- 3 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 4 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 5 Passport proplems
- 6 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 7 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 10 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 13 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 16 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 19 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 20 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 21 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 22 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 23 Itinerary help...
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Shoes for little feet in Spain