We are traveling to Asia from US in winter and can get a layover/stopover in Madrid. We can arrive there either in the last week of December (between Chritsmas and New
Year) or in first week of Januray after New Year. I was therefore thinking to spend a couple of days in Madrid before traveling further.
Which is a better time to visit Madrid? I realize that things might be more expensive before New Year. However, it might be more enjoyable because of holiday mood/festivities. I am concerned that the city might turn into a ghost town after New Year with shops/attractions closed.
More generally, is it either worth it to stop in Madrid during that time of year? I could choose to not stop at all and save my trip to Madrid for some other time when weather is better. This would be first trip to Madrid.
By the way, we also have a choice to stop in London instead of Madrid so I have same question for London. I will start a separate thread for London.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 2 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 Towersey, London
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 9 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 10 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 16 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 17 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 18 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 19 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 23 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas