We are traveling to Asia from US in winter and can get a layover/stopover in Madrid. We can arrive there either in the last week of December (between Chritsmas and New
Year) or in first week of Januray after New Year. I was therefore thinking to spend a couple of days in Madrid before traveling further.
Which is a better time to visit Madrid? I realize that things might be more expensive before New Year. However, it might be more enjoyable because of holiday mood/festivities. I am concerned that the city might turn into a ghost town after New Year with shops/attractions closed.
More generally, is it either worth it to stop in Madrid during that time of year? I could choose to not stop at all and save my trip to Madrid for some other time when weather is better. This would be first trip to Madrid.
By the way, we also have a choice to stop in London instead of Madrid so I have same question for London. I will start a separate thread for London.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 4 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 5 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 6 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 8 Days in Spain
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Scenic cruise advice
- 17 Barcelona alternative
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 20 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 24 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras