We are traveling to Asia from US in winter and can get a layover/stopover in Madrid. We can arrive there either in the last week of December (between Chritsmas and New
Year) or in first week of Januray after New Year. I was therefore thinking to spend a couple of days in Madrid before traveling further.
Which is a better time to visit Madrid? I realize that things might be more expensive before New Year. However, it might be more enjoyable because of holiday mood/festivities. I am concerned that the city might turn into a ghost town after New Year with shops/attractions closed.
More generally, is it either worth it to stop in Madrid during that time of year? I could choose to not stop at all and save my trip to Madrid for some other time when weather is better. This would be first trip to Madrid.
By the way, we also have a choice to stop in London instead of Madrid so I have same question for London. I will start a separate thread for London.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 4 Salzburg itinerary review
- 5 Paris in November
- 6 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 7 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 8 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 9 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 10 Shorts in South of France?
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 13 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 16 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 17 Bath/Cotswolds
- 18 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 21 Globus Iberian Tour
- 22 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 25 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch