We are traveling to Asia from US in winter and can get a layover/stopover in Madrid. We can arrive there either in the last week of December (between Chritsmas and New
Year) or in first week of Januray after New Year. I was therefore thinking to spend a couple of days in Madrid before traveling further.
Which is a better time to visit Madrid? I realize that things might be more expensive before New Year. However, it might be more enjoyable because of holiday mood/festivities. I am concerned that the city might turn into a ghost town after New Year with shops/attractions closed.
More generally, is it either worth it to stop in Madrid during that time of year? I could choose to not stop at all and save my trip to Madrid for some other time when weather is better. This would be first trip to Madrid.
By the way, we also have a choice to stop in London instead of Madrid so I have same question for London. I will start a separate thread for London.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Outlook@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Iceland france spain
- 3 Paris hotel
- 4 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 Spanish food - not that special?
- 8 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 9 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 10 Maximizing Norway time
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 13 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 14 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Ex-pats with young kids
- 17 Greece
- 18 southeast sicily town as home base
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 21 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 22 London with Teens Trip Report
- 23 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 24 Top Tapas Tascas
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!