My daughter and I will be in Lyon for 3 days in June of next year. We will be coming in from Amsterdam by train. We have been to Paris previously. From Lyon we will be going to Nice for 3 days. I am seeing that Lyon doesn't seem to have all that much to see. Not into history or churches all that much. Can anyone recommend a day trip from Lyon that would be fun? Would the Alps or Annecy be a good idea? We were thinking of moving on to see Aix-en Provence which would be on our way by train to Nice. We are actually thinking of investing in a property in France for vacations eventually so we are trying to look at different regions as much as we can. We like at least two seasons and suburbs and pretty small towns with good restaurants. Would appreciate a recommendation on where to go. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Student: SETUP HP /TOshiba TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 PRINTER b*g
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 4 Help with Ireland Trip
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 7 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 8 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 9 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 10 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 11 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 12 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 13 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 14 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 15 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Bernese Oberland
- 22 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 23 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 24 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 25 Couscous