My daughter and I will be in Lyon for 3 days in June of next year. We will be coming in from Amsterdam by train. We have been to Paris previously. From Lyon we will be going to Nice for 3 days. I am seeing that Lyon doesn't seem to have all that much to see. Not into history or churches all that much. Can anyone recommend a day trip from Lyon that would be fun? Would the Alps or Annecy be a good idea? We were thinking of moving on to see Aix-en Provence which would be on our way by train to Nice. We are actually thinking of investing in a property in France for vacations eventually so we are trying to look at different regions as much as we can. We like at least two seasons and suburbs and pretty small towns with good restaurants. Would appreciate a recommendation on where to go. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Language to use in Belgium
- 5 Getting around London
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 WWI sites
- 9 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Paris in August
- 12 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 Christmas in Spain
- 15 Germany-Car or Train
- 16 Brussels flower tapestry
- 17 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 18 Lake Como,Italy
- 19 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 20 Valencia Spain
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 23 Places to visit from Zurich
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!