My daughter and I will be in Lyon for 3 days in June of next year. We will be coming in from Amsterdam by train. We have been to Paris previously. From Lyon we will be going to Nice for 3 days. I am seeing that Lyon doesn't seem to have all that much to see. Not into history or churches all that much. Can anyone recommend a day trip from Lyon that would be fun? Would the Alps or Annecy be a good idea? We were thinking of moving on to see Aix-en Provence which would be on our way by train to Nice. We are actually thinking of investing in a property in France for vacations eventually so we are trying to look at different regions as much as we can. We like at least two seasons and suburbs and pretty small towns with good restaurants. Would appreciate a recommendation on where to go. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 5 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 6 Madrid airport question
- 7 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 8 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 9 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 10 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 11 Aix Provence
- 12 Cordoba Overnight?
- 13 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 14 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 15 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 16 What tips can you give about packing?
- 17 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 18 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 19 One night in Rome
- 20 Sintra
- 21 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 22 How the kids age calculated
- 23 Murren to Prague
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 4 Days In Northern Italy advice