My daughter and I will be in Lyon for 3 days in June of next year. We will be coming in from Amsterdam by train. We have been to Paris previously. From Lyon we will be going to Nice for 3 days. I am seeing that Lyon doesn't seem to have all that much to see. Not into history or churches all that much. Can anyone recommend a day trip from Lyon that would be fun? Would the Alps or Annecy be a good idea? We were thinking of moving on to see Aix-en Provence which would be on our way by train to Nice. We are actually thinking of investing in a property in France for vacations eventually so we are trying to look at different regions as much as we can. We like at least two seasons and suburbs and pretty small towns with good restaurants. Would appreciate a recommendation on where to go. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 2 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 3 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 6 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 11 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 Day trips around Vienna
- 16 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 17 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 18 Praiano hotel question
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 First time in Bulgaria
- 21 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 22 Killarney
- 23 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 24 Rouen Tour Companies
- 25 Madrid/Lisbon