My daughter and I will be in Lyon for 3 days in June of next year. We will be coming in from Amsterdam by train. We have been to Paris previously. From Lyon we will be going to Nice for 3 days. I am seeing that Lyon doesn't seem to have all that much to see. Not into history or churches all that much. Can anyone recommend a day trip from Lyon that would be fun? Would the Alps or Annecy be a good idea? We were thinking of moving on to see Aix-en Provence which would be on our way by train to Nice. We are actually thinking of investing in a property in France for vacations eventually so we are trying to look at different regions as much as we can. We like at least two seasons and suburbs and pretty small towns with good restaurants. Would appreciate a recommendation on where to go. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 2 Switzerland
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 5 Questions about Polish sights
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 11 Ireland travel passport question
- 12 Italy
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Revised itinerary for italy
- 16 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 17 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 18 Biarritz family holiday
- 19 Lisbon hotel
- 20 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 24 4 Days in Tuscany
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days