We will be picking up a car in Liverpool and driving to our farm stay B&B at Flagg, in the Peak District.
My plan was to visit Lyme Park on the way; it seems like a great stop and we can't check in at the B&B until late afternoon.
Now I see that the house is not open the day we plan to visit. I think I will be happy with the gardens and grounds, and we've visited a great house before without touring the inside, plus we will visit Chatsworth and Haddon Hall and maybe Hardwick.
I hope to get some feedback. Do I visit the gardens and grounds at Lyme Park or head to a beauty spot or visit a different house?
We are also interested in villages and maybe charming towns, but aren't really shopper.
I hope to be outdoors but a rain plan might be good.
I especially like ruins and churches if you have any to recommend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Shoes in Scotland
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 6 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 7 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 10 Naples, Italy
- 11 Ireland in April
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 14 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 15 French restaurants
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 18 Tuscany 6 nights
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 22 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France & Italy, May or June
- 25 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March