We will be picking up a car in Liverpool and driving to our farm stay B&B at Flagg, in the Peak District.
My plan was to visit Lyme Park on the way; it seems like a great stop and we can't check in at the B&B until late afternoon.
Now I see that the house is not open the day we plan to visit. I think I will be happy with the gardens and grounds, and we've visited a great house before without touring the inside, plus we will visit Chatsworth and Haddon Hall and maybe Hardwick.
I hope to get some feedback. Do I visit the gardens and grounds at Lyme Park or head to a beauty spot or visit a different house?
We are also interested in villages and maybe charming towns, but aren't really shopper.
I hope to be outdoors but a rain plan might be good.
I especially like ruins and churches if you have any to recommend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 3 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Bremerhaven and environs
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 11 Spain in July
- 12 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 13 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 14 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 15 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 16 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 17 5 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 19 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 20 International Flight Question
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges