Being that I have already traveled for 3 months, I am low on energy, funds and time (because the weather is now changing). However, I love traveling and being that Lviv and Kiev are a little far from my location, I just want to make sure that I have received enough input before I make a decision.
Ukraine is not one of those places that most travelers visit (like France, Italy, Czech Republic). So, I can't just invite people for coffee and listen to their impressions. Moreover, this may surprise you guys, but there isn't really much travel material on Ukraine. Fodor's and Yahoo! Travel, for example, have minimal information on this country. Long story short, I am sorry to ask you so many questions, but I do not have a lot of options available to me. So, I am hoping that you are willing to offer me your input.
1. How recently were you there?
2. Are the tourist facilities relatively efficient over there?
3. Are there a fair amount of tourists over there?
4. Is it relatively easy to get around and see the sights?
5. Are most of the buildings well preserved or are they decaying?
6. Is the poverty in Lviv minimal, or is the poverty 'in your face' so to speak?
Do you think Kiev is a place that is impressive from a sightseeing and architectural perspective, as well as impressive in terms of its people and history? Or, do you think that Kiev is mainly/predominately impressive for its history (Orange Revolution, Slavic movement, etc.) and people-rather than its architecture?
Again, thank you for your time. I really do appreciate your effort and input.
Lviv and/or Kiev, Ukraine
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 6 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 7 first european holiday itinery
- 8 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 9 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 10 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 Car in Prague
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 21 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Travel by train or bus
- 24 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 25 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland