Being that I have already traveled for 3 months, I am low on energy, funds and time (because the weather is now changing). However, I love traveling and being that Lviv and Kiev are a little far from my location, I just want to make sure that I have received enough input before I make a decision.
Ukraine is not one of those places that most travelers visit (like France, Italy, Czech Republic). So, I can't just invite people for coffee and listen to their impressions. Moreover, this may surprise you guys, but there isn't really much travel material on Ukraine. Fodor's and Yahoo! Travel, for example, have minimal information on this country. Long story short, I am sorry to ask you so many questions, but I do not have a lot of options available to me. So, I am hoping that you are willing to offer me your input.
1. How recently were you there?
2. Are the tourist facilities relatively efficient over there?
3. Are there a fair amount of tourists over there?
4. Is it relatively easy to get around and see the sights?
5. Are most of the buildings well preserved or are they decaying?
6. Is the poverty in Lviv minimal, or is the poverty 'in your face' so to speak?
Do you think Kiev is a place that is impressive from a sightseeing and architectural perspective, as well as impressive in terms of its people and history? Or, do you think that Kiev is mainly/predominately impressive for its history (Orange Revolution, Slavic movement, etc.) and people-rather than its architecture?
Again, thank you for your time. I really do appreciate your effort and input.
Lviv and/or Kiev, Ukraine
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 2 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 3 Sicily Suggetions
- 4 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 7 7 days in Greece
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 10 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 11 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 12 Day trip on the Rhine
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Paris in April?
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Flam, Norway railway
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 21 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 22 He said , she said
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 car rental companies Italy
- 25 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)