Being that I have already traveled for 3 months, I am low on energy, funds and time (because the weather is now changing). However, I love traveling and being that Lviv and Kiev are a little far from my location, I just want to make sure that I have received enough input before I make a decision.
Ukraine is not one of those places that most travelers visit (like France, Italy, Czech Republic). So, I can't just invite people for coffee and listen to their impressions. Moreover, this may surprise you guys, but there isn't really much travel material on Ukraine. Fodor's and Yahoo! Travel, for example, have minimal information on this country. Long story short, I am sorry to ask you so many questions, but I do not have a lot of options available to me. So, I am hoping that you are willing to offer me your input.
1. How recently were you there?
2. Are the tourist facilities relatively efficient over there?
3. Are there a fair amount of tourists over there?
4. Is it relatively easy to get around and see the sights?
5. Are most of the buildings well preserved or are they decaying?
6. Is the poverty in Lviv minimal, or is the poverty 'in your face' so to speak?
Do you think Kiev is a place that is impressive from a sightseeing and architectural perspective, as well as impressive in terms of its people and history? Or, do you think that Kiev is mainly/predominately impressive for its history (Orange Revolution, Slavic movement, etc.) and people-rather than its architecture?
Again, thank you for your time. I really do appreciate your effort and input.
Lviv and/or Kiev, Ukraine
- 1 First Trip to Europe - 12 days for Amsterdam and Germany
- 2 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 3 Need input: Port of Civitavecchia to Rome
- 4 Transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia
- 5 What is the best food in France?
- 6 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 7 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 8 Venice - getting to see inside the Arsenale.
- 9 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 10 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 11 Visit to Russia - Money
- 12 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 13 Backpacking through Europe
- 14 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 15 Quaint/family run place in Nuremberg?
- 16 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 17 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 18 Visa to TURKEY
- 19 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 20 Istanbul Hotels
- 21 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 22 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 23 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 24 Paris metro
- 25 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?