Firstly, your immense help I've received from just browsing various threads here is most appreciated.
My fiance and I are heading to Italy (Sorrento, Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan) and Paris for our honeymoon in August this year. We're from the Caribbean and this is our first trip together (ever - in 10! years) and I've booked all the hotels (3 and 4 star) everywhere but Rome. I'm spending 3 nights in Sorrento, 5 nights in Rome, 4 nights in Florence, 2 nights in Venice, 4 nights in Milan and 5 nights in Paris. I'm actually more excited about my honeymoon than I am about my wedding
Rome and Paris are the cities I'm splurging in and so my question is regarding hotel choice in Rome. I would prefer to be in the middle of the city, a balcony to sit and enjoy the view, luxurious accomodations (modern or traditional, once it's beautiful I'm not picky), and my budget is US$500 - 600 per night. I've been tempted by the summer promotion at the Cavalieri - the King Imperial Room with a view looks gorgeous. However, it is relatively far from the city center and so I don't know if it makes sense staying there and I've read about all of their extra charges. My other choices are:
1. Hotel Splendide Royal (jr suite with terrace)
2. JK Place Roma (it's really pricey - worth it?)
3. St Regis (imperial room)
4. Palazzo Manfredi (executive double)
5. Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese (luxury room)
6. Hotel Raphael (Deluxe Suite)
7. Palazzo Montemartini (Jr suite)
While I understand this is completely subjective, I would appreciate any suggestions - pros and cons of any of the hotels. Also, I would prefer to have a hotel without a lot of hidden costs - do not want to pay extra for wifi (who does that in these days??!!) or access to any pool/spa areas etc. They're already pricey so I do not want any surprises on my bill.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 2 Dublin Leap Card
- 3 Vatican City questions
- 4 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 5 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 6 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 7 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 8 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 9 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 10 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Garda Land
- 16 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 19 2 weeks Europe trip
- 20 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 21 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 22 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 SPB White Nights boat tours