Firstly, your immense help I've received from just browsing various threads here is most appreciated.
My fiance and I are heading to Italy (Sorrento, Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan) and Paris for our honeymoon in August this year. We're from the Caribbean and this is our first trip together (ever - in 10! years) and I've booked all the hotels (3 and 4 star) everywhere but Rome. I'm spending 3 nights in Sorrento, 5 nights in Rome, 4 nights in Florence, 2 nights in Venice, 4 nights in Milan and 5 nights in Paris. I'm actually more excited about my honeymoon than I am about my wedding
Rome and Paris are the cities I'm splurging in and so my question is regarding hotel choice in Rome. I would prefer to be in the middle of the city, a balcony to sit and enjoy the view, luxurious accomodations (modern or traditional, once it's beautiful I'm not picky), and my budget is US$500 - 600 per night. I've been tempted by the summer promotion at the Cavalieri - the King Imperial Room with a view looks gorgeous. However, it is relatively far from the city center and so I don't know if it makes sense staying there and I've read about all of their extra charges. My other choices are:
1. Hotel Splendide Royal (jr suite with terrace)
2. JK Place Roma (it's really pricey - worth it?)
3. St Regis (imperial room)
4. Palazzo Manfredi (executive double)
5. Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese (luxury room)
6. Hotel Raphael (Deluxe Suite)
7. Palazzo Montemartini (Jr suite)
While I understand this is completely subjective, I would appreciate any suggestions - pros and cons of any of the hotels. Also, I would prefer to have a hotel without a lot of hidden costs - do not want to pay extra for wifi (who does that in these days??!!) or access to any pool/spa areas etc. They're already pricey so I do not want any surprises on my bill.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days