Firstly, your immense help I've received from just browsing various threads here is most appreciated.
My fiance and I are heading to Italy (Sorrento, Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan) and Paris for our honeymoon in August this year. We're from the Caribbean and this is our first trip together (ever - in 10! years) and I've booked all the hotels (3 and 4 star) everywhere but Rome. I'm spending 3 nights in Sorrento, 5 nights in Rome, 4 nights in Florence, 2 nights in Venice, 4 nights in Milan and 5 nights in Paris. I'm actually more excited about my honeymoon than I am about my wedding
Rome and Paris are the cities I'm splurging in and so my question is regarding hotel choice in Rome. I would prefer to be in the middle of the city, a balcony to sit and enjoy the view, luxurious accomodations (modern or traditional, once it's beautiful I'm not picky), and my budget is US$500 - 600 per night. I've been tempted by the summer promotion at the Cavalieri - the King Imperial Room with a view looks gorgeous. However, it is relatively far from the city center and so I don't know if it makes sense staying there and I've read about all of their extra charges. My other choices are:
1. Hotel Splendide Royal (jr suite with terrace)
2. JK Place Roma (it's really pricey - worth it?)
3. St Regis (imperial room)
4. Palazzo Manfredi (executive double)
5. Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese (luxury room)
6. Hotel Raphael (Deluxe Suite)
7. Palazzo Montemartini (Jr suite)
While I understand this is completely subjective, I would appreciate any suggestions - pros and cons of any of the hotels. Also, I would prefer to have a hotel without a lot of hidden costs - do not want to pay extra for wifi (who does that in these days??!!) or access to any pool/spa areas etc. They're already pricey so I do not want any surprises on my bill.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 Borghese Gallery Question
- 4 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 5 Sim Card
- 6 London vacation rental agency
- 7 Transport for local Venice travel
- 8 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 16 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 17 Towns around Lucca
- 18 Cork questions
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Italy Vacation
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa