My husband and I are planning to visit my son this fall while he is studying in Luxembourg. I read another forum post and responses by jlschweg that looks like an itinerary we might want to follow.
We would have 7-9 days max. We would fly into Brussels then go to Lux to see my son and have him show us around-how much time do we need in Lux? Is one overnight and the following day enough?
From Lux we're interested in Brugges, Amsterdam and possibly Trier.
Is a short river cruise an option, and if so, where should we do it?
Lastly, I would like some suggestions on extraordinary hotels in some of these places.
I'd like to splurge a few nights and stay in some fabulous places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days