My husband and I are planning to visit my son this fall while he is studying in Luxembourg. I read another forum post and responses by jlschweg that looks like an itinerary we might want to follow.
We would have 7-9 days max. We would fly into Brussels then go to Lux to see my son and have him show us around-how much time do we need in Lux? Is one overnight and the following day enough?
From Lux we're interested in Brugges, Amsterdam and possibly Trier.
Is a short river cruise an option, and if so, where should we do it?
Lastly, I would like some suggestions on extraordinary hotels in some of these places.
I'd like to splurge a few nights and stay in some fabulous places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 2 Rent a Car?
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 Whistle stop family road trip
- 6 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 7 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 8 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 9 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 10 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 11 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 12 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 13 Zadar or Sibenik
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 16 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 17 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 18 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 19 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 20 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 21 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 22 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 25 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)