We will be checking out of our gite in Normandy and driving to Amboise (@ 3 hour drive). I thought it would be nice to stop just shortly before Amboise around Tours area for lunch. I have been trying to find a winery that would also offer lunch (in Vouvray for example). I have found a few wineries that look beautiful and offer degustations but no lunch options (i.e., Montcontour).
I found one restaurant - Le Grand Vatel.
Does anyone know of a scenic lunch spot in the area - preferably with an outdoor patio? Could be a nice little auberge if there aren't wineries that also have a restaurant. Or is there somewhere to stop for a nice picnic lunch in the area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 2 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 3 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 4 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Switzerland in October
- 7 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 8 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 9 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 10 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 11 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 12 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 13 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 14 Tuscany First Time
- 15 Iceland car rental agencies
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 Italy in January?
- 20 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 21 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 22 2 days in Lugano area
- 23 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 24 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 25 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip