We will be checking out of our gite in Normandy and driving to Amboise (@ 3 hour drive). I thought it would be nice to stop just shortly before Amboise around Tours area for lunch. I have been trying to find a winery that would also offer lunch (in Vouvray for example). I have found a few wineries that look beautiful and offer degustations but no lunch options (i.e., Montcontour).
I found one restaurant - Le Grand Vatel.
Does anyone know of a scenic lunch spot in the area - preferably with an outdoor patio? Could be a nice little auberge if there aren't wineries that also have a restaurant. Or is there somewhere to stop for a nice picnic lunch in the area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 2 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 3 Swiss Travel Pass
- 4 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 5 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 6 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 7 We're here!
- 8 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Athens
- 15 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 16 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 17 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 18 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 21 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 22 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 23 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 24 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 25 Wimbledon Debenture tickets