We will be checking out of our gite in Normandy and driving to Amboise (@ 3 hour drive). I thought it would be nice to stop just shortly before Amboise around Tours area for lunch. I have been trying to find a winery that would also offer lunch (in Vouvray for example). I have found a few wineries that look beautiful and offer degustations but no lunch options (i.e., Montcontour).
I found one restaurant - Le Grand Vatel.
Does anyone know of a scenic lunch spot in the area - preferably with an outdoor patio? Could be a nice little auberge if there aren't wineries that also have a restaurant. Or is there somewhere to stop for a nice picnic lunch in the area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 getting to CDG
- 2 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 3 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 4 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 5 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 8 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 9 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Towersey, London
- 12 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Biarritz family holiday
- 15 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 16 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 19 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 22 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 23 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona