We will be checking out of our gite in Normandy and driving to Amboise (@ 3 hour drive). I thought it would be nice to stop just shortly before Amboise around Tours area for lunch. I have been trying to find a winery that would also offer lunch (in Vouvray for example). I have found a few wineries that look beautiful and offer degustations but no lunch options (i.e., Montcontour).
I found one restaurant - Le Grand Vatel.
Does anyone know of a scenic lunch spot in the area - preferably with an outdoor patio? Could be a nice little auberge if there aren't wineries that also have a restaurant. Or is there somewhere to stop for a nice picnic lunch in the area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 2 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 3 Charming areas to explore in London
- 4 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 5 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 6 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 7 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 8 I may be wrong....
- 9 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 10 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 11 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 12 Cornwall UK
- 13 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 14 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 15 Hydra, Greece
- 16 travel around Spain
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 19 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 20 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 21 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 22 8 Hours in Rome
- 23 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 24 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 25 Cash machines ATM