We will be checking out of our gite in Normandy and driving to Amboise (@ 3 hour drive). I thought it would be nice to stop just shortly before Amboise around Tours area for lunch. I have been trying to find a winery that would also offer lunch (in Vouvray for example). I have found a few wineries that look beautiful and offer degustations but no lunch options (i.e., Montcontour).
I found one restaurant - Le Grand Vatel.
Does anyone know of a scenic lunch spot in the area - preferably with an outdoor patio? Could be a nice little auberge if there aren't wineries that also have a restaurant. Or is there somewhere to stop for a nice picnic lunch in the area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 2 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 3 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 4 "Never Mind"
- 5 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 6 Killarney
- 7 Cornwall Advice
- 8 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 9 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 10 Florence Travel Guide
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 13 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 14 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 15 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 16 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 17 Rome Advice?
- 18 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 19 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 20 Italian lakes
- 21 Via del Sale, Italy
- 22 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 23 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 24 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 25 Andalucia itinerary help