I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France for Six Weeks
- 2 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 3 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 4 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 5 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 6 London-Paris solo trip
- 7 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 8 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 9 My Worst Experience During My Holiday In Europe
- 10 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 11 To Hampton Court Palace
- 12 which basque wine TXAKOLINA wineries bodegas to visit from san sebastian?
- 13 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 14 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 15 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 16 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 17 3 days Venice to Paris
- 18 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 19 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 20 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 21 Dublin to Dingle?
- 22 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 23 Algarve from Faro Airport
- 24 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 25 Walking stylish sandals/flats