I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg itinerary review
- 2 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 3 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 6 Globus Iberian Tour
- 7 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 8 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 13 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 14 UK in May and June
- 15 Spain: train/rental car help
- 16 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 17 good restaurants in Budapest
- 18 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 19 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 20 Wales
- 21 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 22 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 25 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!