I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 4 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 5 Three ferries to Mull
- 6 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 7 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 8 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 9 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 10 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 11 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 12 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 15 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 17 French Basque region
- 18 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 19 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 20 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 21 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 22 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 23 Story of the German Christmas star
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 N Ireland / Ireland driving