I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Too many Trip Reports
- 2 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 3 Hotels that we found special
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 6 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 7 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 8 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 9 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 10 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 11 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 12 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 13 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 16 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 19 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 20 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 21 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 22 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 23 Help with England/Wales tour
- 24 Reykjavik hotels
- 25 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?