I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 2 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 3 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 4 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 5 House Hunting in France
- 6 If you had to choose one......
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 9 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 10 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Portugal with large family
- 15 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 16 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 Croatia
- 19 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 20 Croatia trip Planning
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 23 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 24 Driving in Italy?
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas