I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 2 Please help me give good travel advice
- 3 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 4 Josselin region of Brittany
- 5 Macarons!
- 6 Need Advice for Stuttgart/Munich Area
- 7 driving day trip to la rioja from San Sebastian- winery / lunchcstops
- 8 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 9 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 10 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 11 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 12 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 13 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 14 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 15 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 16 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 17 Berlin Itinerary
- 18 Need Help, Iceland
- 19 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 20 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 21 driving from palermo to sciacca
- 22 Travel throught Europe
- 23 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 24 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 25 DCC on the increase?