I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lay over time
- 2 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 3 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 4 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 5 Greek Islands (small)
- 6 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 7 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Sundays in Puglia
- 12 K-Day
- 13 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 14 Spain in December
- 15 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 16 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 17 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 18 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 19 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 20 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 21 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 22 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 23 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 24 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 25 4 Days In Northern Italy advice