I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Double bed or two beds?
- 2 Venice: Venice: Guided tour for Doge's Palace or Church?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Istanbul
- 5 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 6 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 7 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 8 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 9 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 10 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 11 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 12 Day bike ride from Weissenkirchen to Melk
- 13 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 14 Amsterdam in August
- 15 My San Sebastian ideas
- 16 Santorini
- 17 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 18 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 19 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 20 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 21 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 22 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 23 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 24 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 25 Access from Normandy American Cemetery to Beach No Longer Accessible