I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 3 Arc de Triumph Question
- 4 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 5 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 6 Prague flea markets
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 9 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 10 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 11 Fashion for larger man?
- 12 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 13 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 14 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 15 Monet in Normandy
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 18 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 19 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 20 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 21 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 22 Trieste and Koper
- 23 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 24 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?