I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 2 Dresden or Leipzig
- 3 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 4 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 5 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 6 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 7 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 8 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 9 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 10 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 11 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 12 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 15 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 16 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 19 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 20 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 21 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 22 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 23 20 days in Germany
- 24 France, Italy and Greec
- 25 Rome---August and September