I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HOTMAIL Password reset CONTACT☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 12 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 15 Planning A trip
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 18 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 19 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 20 Bruges
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 23 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 24 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 25 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets