I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 5 one last portugal car rental question
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 hotels in Seville
- 10 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 11 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 12 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 15 Prague - Tram #22
- 16 nearby cities to london
- 17 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 18 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 25 Porto -City Break