I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 2 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 3 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 4 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 5 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 6 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 7 Wedding in Finland
- 8 travel around Spain
- 9 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 10 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 11 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 12 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 13 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 14 Hilton CPH no loner
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 17 French Wedding
- 18 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 19 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 20 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 21 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 22 I may be wrong....
- 23 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 24 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?