I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 2 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 3 Spending money in Italy?
- 4 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 5 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 6 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 7 first family trip to Switzerland
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 10 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 11 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 12 Vienna.stay in pension.
- 13 Spain for 7 days
- 14 Biking across Europe
- 15 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 16 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 17 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 18 Normandy in October
- 19 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 20 I went to Paris in June
- 21 "Cool" places for dinner in Rome when it's hot
- 22 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 23 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 24 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 25 Guesthouses in Dublin