I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Itinerary
- 2 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 3 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 4 Tarbet scotland
- 5 Christmas in Northern Europe
- 6 Most memorable European moments
- 7 Iceland Itinerary Help October
- 8 Camino Redux
- 9 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 10 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 11 April 8 - 16, 1 country, 1 male, the best choice?
- 12 Breakfast: London
- 13 Airtrain from Zurich to Basel info needed
- 14 Travel plan help in Germany
- 15 Itinerary Suggestions Between Bilbao and Amsterdam
- 16 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 17 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 18 Rome For 2 days
- 19 where to buy basic toiletries in Lisbon?
- 20 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 21 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 22 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 23 5 Irish in Amsterdam, Dresden, Berlin
- 24 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 25 Montpellier to Arles