I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 2 Vimy Ridge to CDG airport.
- 3 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 4 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 5 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 6 itinerary help needed - Mediterranean Turkey / Turquoise Coast
- 7 Como Lake for Easter weekend - is a rental car worthwhile?
- 8 Turkey - Live report
- 9 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 10 Molise and Southern Abruzzo - Does it have to be a secret ?
- 11 Hotels in old Rome
- 12 Wish me luck please
- 13 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 14 Apartment in Seville in April help
- 15 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 16 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 17 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 18 Just curious: Kids at the Moulin Rouge?
- 19 British Royals
- 20 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 21 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 22 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 23 St. Cloud Racecourse - Anybody been?
- 24 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 25 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf