I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 2 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 3 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 4 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 5 Sim Card
- 6 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 7 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 8 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 9 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 10 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 11 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 12 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 13 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 14 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 15 Amalfi or Positano
- 16 Croatia travel ideas
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 19 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 20 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 21 Public Transport information App/Website
- 22 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 23 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 24 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 25 12 Days in Italy