I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 2 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 3 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 4 Tour Sicily in 11 days by public transport
- 5 Help, traveling to Barcelona with Baby
- 6 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 7 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 8 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 9 Kraków - Crystal & Polish Pottery
- 10 London/Newcastle trip
- 11 Help - Paris or Rome in December?
- 12 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 13 Ireland vist, airport transport, lodging in Dublin
- 14 Recommendations for one last night in Barcelona
- 15 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 16 Bus/Train tickets Madrid>Cordoba>Granada>Ronda>Seville>Madrid
- 17 Which area to stay in when in Rome?
- 18 BARCELONA for 8 Days WHICH NEIGHBORHOOD for apartment??
- 19 Appropriate wear for restaurants
- 20 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 21 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 22 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 23 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 24 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 25 Charles DeGaulle to Paris