I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 2 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 5 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 6 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 7 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 8 Scotland in December
- 9 10 days in London in early December
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 Iceland
- 13 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 14 Greece
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 17 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 21 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 22 tickets for Wimbledon
- 23 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 24 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 25 Italy in January?