I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 2 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 3 First timer
- 4 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 5 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 6 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 7 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 8 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 9 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 10 Italy in 3 days
- 11 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 12 Getting Around Toledo
- 13 four old ladies in spain
- 14 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 15 Our Next Europe Trip
- 16 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 17 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 18 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 19 Rental Car in Austria
- 20 From Schipol to ?
- 21 Planning our Honeymoon
- 22 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 23 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 24 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 25 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.