I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
- 1 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 2 British drivers
- 3 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 4 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 5 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 6 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 7 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 8 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 9 A full week in The Netherlands
- 10 Prague Main Train Station
- 11 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 12 Spain Travel
- 13 Venice in Jan
- 14 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 15 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 16 Southern France
- 17 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 18 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 19 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 20 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Public transport from Ostuni
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 Itinerary Questions
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome