I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 2 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 3 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 4 Scenic Driving Routes
- 5 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 6 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 7 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 8 French immersion courses in France
- 9 1 way ticket
- 10 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 11 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 12 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 13 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 14 Paris---baguette question???
- 15 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 16 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 17 Car Rentals
- 18 Visiting Spain in January
- 19 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 20 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 21 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 22 What type of visa is right for me?
- 23 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 24 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania