I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mt. Nemrut - Kahta side - in April ???
- 2 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 3 Naples to Milan, train or plane?
- 4 4 days in Scotland
- 5 Shuttle Inter prices?
- 6 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 7 Best days to fly
- 8 Airb2b in Paris
- 9 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 10 SE Turkey how safe in Harran, Sanliurfa, Mardin ?
- 11 Porto Moniz south along the coast to Ribeira Brava ~ should we add?
- 12 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 13 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 14 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 15 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 16 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 17 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 18 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 19 Copenhagen and Iceland
- 20 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 21 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 22 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 23 Overnight Layover in Berlin
- 24 Norway in June with parents.
- 25 Train from Sarlat