I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 2 Madrid: City Views
- 3 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 4 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 5 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 6 Norway 2014
- 7 Istanbul water
- 8 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 9 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 10 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 11 London restaurants
- 12 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 13 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 14 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 15 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 16 Day Trips from Nice
- 17 Siena Favorites?
- 18 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 19 biking in France
- 20 using airbnb for the first time...
- 21 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 22 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 23 Help with France itinerary
- 24 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 25 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP