I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 2 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 3 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 4 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 5 Classical Music in Milan
- 6 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 7 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 8 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 9 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 10 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 11 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 12 Pousadas in Portugal
- 13 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 14 Antiques shopping Rome
- 15 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 16 Scotland Trip Planning
- 17 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 18 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 19 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 20 Paris food tours?
- 21 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 22 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
- 23 Lake Maggiore
- 24 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 25 Must sees in Malaga