I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 2 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 3 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 What are the best places to see in England
- 6 London hotel
- 7 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 7 days in Greece
- 10 London tube
- 11 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 12 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 London day trips, especially castles
- 16 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 17 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 18 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 19 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 20 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 23 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 24 Swiss rail passes
- 25 Zurich, Switzerland