I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Considering selling off everything to travel the world...maybe
- 2 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 3 Using Google maps on phone
- 4 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 5 Train Prague to Vienna
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 The BEST Road Trip Ever! 15 Nights in Iceland
- 8 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 9 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 10 what on earth have they done to the Search function??
- 11 Day trip to Urbino from Bologna - advice sought
- 12 Rental car pick up (Venice) and drop off (Florence) question
- 13 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 14 Pretty small towns in Bavaria
- 15 Italy in 3 days
- 16 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 17 Segovia Hotel
- 18 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 19 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 20 EMERGENCY: Husband stuck in France without Green Card to return to USA
- 21 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 22 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 23 Brussels - the Netherlands day trip, where to go?
- 24 Spain in February or March
- 25 Exploring Tusany