I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport to Piraeus
- 2 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 3 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 4 Day trips from Seville
- 5 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 6 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 7 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 8 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 9 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 10 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??
- 11 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 12 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 13 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 14 7 Nights in Paris
- 15 Crete or Mallorca? Where to go?
- 16 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 17 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 18 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 19 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 20 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 21 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 22 Riga 2014
- 23 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?