I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We are back!
- 2 Enjoying England for a year!
- 3 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 4 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 5 Europe itinerary review
- 6 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 7 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 8 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 9 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 10 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 11 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 12 European Travel in March
- 13 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 14 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 15 Greece Itinerary
- 16 Europe itinerary
- 17 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 18 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 19 Renting International Cars from USA
- 20 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 21 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 22 Wine Tour in Florence/Tuscany
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 25 Itinerary Critique, please?