I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 2 sfo to europe
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 5 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 6 Paris, France
- 7 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 8 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 9 What one thing in Paris?
- 10 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 11 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 12 3 week stay in Scotland
- 13 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 16 Rue des Rosiers
- 17 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 18 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 19 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 20 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 21 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 22 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 23 Italy museum tickets
- 24 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 25 A couple of questions which are not quite answered