I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
- 1 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 2 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 3 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 4 Channel Islands
- 5 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 6 2 Week European Itinerary
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 9 Dresden Train Station
- 10 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 11 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 12 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 13 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 14 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 17 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 18 Chambermaid tipping
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Family European winter holiday
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France