I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 2 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 3 Leather goods in Florence
- 4 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 5 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 6 Trip to Rome
- 7 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 8 France Itinerary Advice
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 13 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 14 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 17 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 18 French election
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 20 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 21 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 22 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 23 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 24 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 25 French Election - Questions???