I can't seem to find a reliable way to transfer luggage from Chamonix to Zermatt while hiking the walker's haute route.
I have contacted several hiking agencies that offer this service on their website, but all have refused to take 1 suitcase for an independent hiker. I' m assuming someone has run into this problem before, were you able to find a company to take the luggage?
I have considered the regular post, however because it is international it is more expensive than say posting from Geneva as I'm sure many do. Also, the post office in Chamonix appears to be closed Sunday the day we are to depart.
Should we post it on a Saturday from Lyon?
any tips would be appreciated!
luggage transfer while on haute route
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Italy Spending Budget
- 3 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 4 Ireland or Scotland
- 5 Nice to the luberons
- 6 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 7 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 8 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 9 Cotswolds first time
- 10 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 11 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 12 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 13 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 14 Schengen rule made easy
- 15 Is using a backpack in Europe safe?
- 16 London hotel tax is 20%
- 17 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 18 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 19 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 20 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 21 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 22 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 23 Sorrento Advice Please
- 24 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 25 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??