Hi Fodor Forum
I am travelling with my wife in Italy in May 2012 - we are planning to visit Rome, Florence, 1 night in Modena and then Venice. I am a panicky fellow when it comes to ensuring that we can get from point A to B ensuring that our luggage is safe!
We are planning to travel by train between all these places.
My questions are:
1.Travelling from Fiumcino airport to Termini and then metro train - is it safe / able to carry roller suitcase along with us
2. Same question regarding local trains from Rome to Florence train / FLorence to Modena / Modena to Venice
3. Arriving in Florence or the other places, we might have to catch a bus to the hotel / other train stations - is it possible to carry our luggage on the local buses
THis is probably a silly and pedantic topic, but I just want to ensure that it all goes smoothly!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 7 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 8 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 9 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 14 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 15 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 17 Zurich to Milan trip
- 18 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 19 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 20 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 21 San Sebastián
- 22 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 25 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
Hi Fodor Forum