Hi Fodor Forum
I am travelling with my wife in Italy in May 2012 - we are planning to visit Rome, Florence, 1 night in Modena and then Venice. I am a panicky fellow when it comes to ensuring that we can get from point A to B ensuring that our luggage is safe!
We are planning to travel by train between all these places.
My questions are:
1.Travelling from Fiumcino airport to Termini and then metro train - is it safe / able to carry roller suitcase along with us
2. Same question regarding local trains from Rome to Florence train / FLorence to Modena / Modena to Venice
3. Arriving in Florence or the other places, we might have to catch a bus to the hotel / other train stations - is it possible to carry our luggage on the local buses
THis is probably a silly and pedantic topic, but I just want to ensure that it all goes smoothly!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Baby Milk
- 2 Super Cover For Hertz
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 5 Tour groups
- 6 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 7 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 8 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 Hotel in Vienna
- 11 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 15 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 18 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 20 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 21 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 22 French restaurants
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 25 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
Hi Fodor Forum