Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 2 Global Travel Warning...
- 3 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 4 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 5 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 6 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 8 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 9 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 10 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 11 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 12 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 13 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 14 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 15 Paris Under Seige...
- 16 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 17 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 18 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 19 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 20 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 21 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 22 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 23 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 24 Private transportation
- 25 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?