Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
- 1 7 days in Andalucia
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 5 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 6 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 14 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 15 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 16 A full week in The Netherlands
- 17 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 20 Apartments in Rome
- 21 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 22 Prague - must see
- 23 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 24 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 25 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop