Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
- 1 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 2 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 3 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 4 Rhine River Intinerary
- 5 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 6 Help me decide between Kas and Kalkan!
- 7 Backpacking through Europe
- 8 Which tour company would be best?
- 9 I Need To Vent!
- 10 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 11 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 12 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 13 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 14 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 15 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 16 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 17 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 18 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 19 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 20 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 21 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 22 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 23 Where to take parents in Italy?
- 24 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 25 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations