Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
- 1 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 2 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 3 Novels set in Greece
- 4 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 9 Planning a holiday
- 10 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 11 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 14 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 15 15 days in Europe,
- 16 Medieval Tallinn
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 19 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 20 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 21 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 22 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 23 Spain - Andalucia
- 24 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 25 After Helsinki, where to next?