Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence, Venice
- 2 sncf help
- 3 Trouble in Istanbul or just precautions?
- 4 Order/Method of Travel
- 5 Barcelona - Am I the only one who wasn't blown away?
- 6 Train from Torino (Turin) to Paris
- 7 Possible flight cancellation?
- 8 Where to go after Venice Italy?
- 9 First Weekend in Switzerland
- 10 Buying Plane Tickets 101
- 11 Another Paris Trip Report
- 12 Dubrovnik's old pharmacy
- 13 Spain in Nov.
- 14 December in "Germany"
- 15 Last week of Dec and 1st week of Jan
- 16 Agritourism: Alsace Region of France
- 17 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 18 Paris dining-with teens
- 19 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 20 January Travel
- 21 Amalfi Coast in June
- 22 Murano glass question
- 23 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 24 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 25 Ferrari Factory
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?