Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 4 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 7 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 10 Recommendations
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Paris- restaurant
- 13 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 14 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 15 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 16 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 17 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 18 Iceland car rental agencies
- 19 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 20 Happy birthday ATM
- 21 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 22 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 23 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 24 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 25 Cortona -- just a passing thought
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?