Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 2 Small detour from Paris
- 3 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 4 Sicily or Rome
- 5 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 6 Toes facing the side, knees apart
- 7 Italy
- 8 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 9 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 10 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 11 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 12 When and how to book for a trip?
- 13 Provence to Nice driving
- 14 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 15 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 16 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 17 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 18 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 19 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 20 France to stop making foie grois
- 21 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 22 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 23 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 24 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 25 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?