Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Spain in January
- 2 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 3 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 4 Europe in late January
- 5 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 6 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 7 English Countryside
- 8 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 Paris---baguette question???
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 French immersion courses in France
- 13 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 14 Scenic Driving Routes
- 15 Berlin
- 16 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 17 1-Day Drive: Ballyvaughan to Dublin, which of these 3 routes?
- 18 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 19 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 20 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 21 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 22 Flights from Croatia
- 23 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 24 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 25 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?