Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Paris
- 2 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 3 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 4 Venice to Positano
- 5 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 6 Scandinavia????
- 7 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 8 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 9 Scotland Question
- 10 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 11 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 12 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 13 The Rain in Spain and more
- 14 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 15 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 16 GPS vs Google Maps
- 17 help with 21 days-croatia
- 18 Bavaria in August
- 19 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 20 Luggage on trains/security?
- 21 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 22 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 23 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 24 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 25 The DCC scam is spreading
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?