Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cell phone companys
- 2 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 3 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 4 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 5 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 6 Beaches in Southern France
- 7 Where in Paris?
- 8 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 9 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 10 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 11 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 12 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 13 Guides - Matera
- 14 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 15 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 16 Spain Itinerary Help
- 17 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 18 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 19 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 20 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 21 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 22 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 23 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 24 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 25 Wine tasting in Santorini
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?