Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 2 Budapest
- 3 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 4 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 5 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 6 Back home problems with sim card
- 7 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 8 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 9 Budapest--baggage storage
- 10 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 11 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 12 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 13 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 14 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 15 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 16 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 17 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 18 How do you find French food?
- 19 Day trips from Seville
- 20 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 21 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 22 GPS in Tuscany
- 23 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 24 Best day to look for economic flights
- 25 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?