Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 2 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 3 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 4 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 5 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 6 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 7 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 8 Italy train question
- 9 Lake Maggiore
- 10 Norway Fjords
- 11 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 12 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 13 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 14 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 15 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 16 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 17 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 18 Best Route Belmonte to Pinhao
- 19 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 20 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 21 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 22 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 23 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 24 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 25 Day trip suggestion from London
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?