Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 2 Berlin to Italy
- 3 Killarney
- 4 Where to go!?
- 5 First time in Bulgaria
- 6 Vacation
- 7 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 10 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 11 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 14 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 15 Walking itinerary in England?
- 16 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 17 Dog friendly hotels
- 18 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 19 Cambridge in May
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Madrid/Lisbon
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?