Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
- 1 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 2 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 3 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 4 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 5 Help needed on 3 week itinerary to Croatia and Slovenia
- 6 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 7 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 8 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 9 Turkish Itinerary suggestions?
- 10 London on a sunny day
- 11 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 12 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 13 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 14 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 15 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 16 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 17 Rooms in Sorrento & Rome
- 18 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 19 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 20 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 21 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 22 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 23 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 24 Connection in Newark EWR
- 25 Battlefield Tour