Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 First time to Switzerland
- 3 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 4 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 5 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 6 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 7 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 8 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 9 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 10 Eastern Europe
- 11 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 12 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 13 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 14 Switzerland help...?
- 15 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 16 Airport ATMs
- 17 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 18 London to Paris by train
- 19 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 22 4 weeks in the UK
- 23 Granada
- 24 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 25 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?