Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 2 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 3 Best beach town in Italy?
- 4 Italy and Croatia
- 5 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 6 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 7 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 8 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 9 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 10 Five nights in Extremadura
- 11 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 12 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 13 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 14 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 15 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 16 trip to norway
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 Where to go in France mid July?
- 19 Help with England/Wales tour
- 20 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 21 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 24 Cotswold Churches
- 25 A Greek sojourn