Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 2 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 5 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 6 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 7 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 8 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 9 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 10 Travel with Teens
- 11 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 12 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 13 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 14 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 15 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 16 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 17 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 18 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 19 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 20 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 21 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 22 Reims for a day
- 23 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 24 I think this is a scam!
- 25 Restaurant with a view - Florence