Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 2 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 5 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 6 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 7 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 8 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 9 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 10 Terrorism in Europe
- 11 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 12 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 13 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 14 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 15 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 16 Cinque Terre - which town to stay in & suggest a hotel?
- 17 Spain and Portugal Trip Help
- 18 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 19 Night Train - Need help
- 20 White Villages base?
- 21 Traveling to France
- 22 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 23 18 hour layover in Helsinki
- 24 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 25 using airbnb for the first time...