Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplementsgarden.com/testo-muscle-fuel
- 2 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 3 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 4 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 5 Porto and vicinity
- 6 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 7 Norway fjord
- 8 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 9 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 10 7 days in Greece
- 11 Italy
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 14 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 15 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 16 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 17 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 18 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 20 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 21 Praiana to Positano
- 22 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 23 Another Book List for Italy
- 24 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 25 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?