Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 2 7 days in Greece
- 3 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 4 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 5 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 London hotel
- 8 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 13 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 14 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 15 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 16 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 17 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 Paris in April?
- 20 Prague - Tram #22
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 23 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside