Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 4 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 Budget family trip to Europe
- 10 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 11 By train to and out of Prague
- 12 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 13 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 22 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 23 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 24 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 25 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips