Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 2 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 3 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 4 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 5 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 6 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 7 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 8 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 9 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 10 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 11 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 12 Izmir or Bodrum in July?
- 13 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 14 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 15 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 16 Gorges du Verdon or take the A8 from Nice towards Aix?
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 19 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 20 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 21 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions
- 22 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 23 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 24 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip