Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 2 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 3 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 4 Montenegro in September
- 5 3 week stay in Scotland
- 6 Paris, France
- 7 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 8 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 9 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 10 sfo to europe
- 11 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 12 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 13 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 14 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 15 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 16 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 17 What one thing in Paris?
- 18 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 19 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 20 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 21 Rue des Rosiers
- 22 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 23 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 24 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 25 Help with Scotland itinerary
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?