Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 5 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 6 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 7 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 8 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 9 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 10 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 11 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 12 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 13 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 14 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 15 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 16 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 17 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 18 Budget for 3 Month's
- 19 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 20 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 21 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 22 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 23 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 24 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?