Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 4 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 5 Token of thanks!
- 6 driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
- 7 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 8 Favorite things to do in London
- 9 Interested In Coach Passes
- 10 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 11 3 days in Bordeaux
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 14 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 15 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 16 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 17 4 days in lake region
- 18 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 19 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 20 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 21 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 22 7 countries in a month
- 23 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 24 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 25 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations