Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?
- 1 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 2 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 3 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 4 Which tour company would be best?
- 5 First night after arriving in Milan
- 6 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 7 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 9 France by rail or car?
- 10 Planning my days in Paris
- 11 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 12 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 13 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 14 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 15 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 16 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 17 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 18 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 19 London at Xmas
- 20 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 21 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 22 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 23 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 24 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 25 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions