Okay here's the deal. I'll be staying in Fussen this coming week from the 25th - 27th. There are so many things that I would like to see here that I just don't know if I'll be able to realistically. A bit of info, my train arrives at 4pm on Wednesday and it leaves at 6pm on Friday. This gives me a day and a half approximately. The things listed in the title are what I really want to see and I was wondering if it can be all done in a day? I know Zugspitze might be a stretch, but since I don't really know how much time it takes then...well, I dont' know. Is Zugspitze a day trip kind of thing? If so then I probably can't do that one. I am set on Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau. However, I would also like to experience Fussen. So this is a draft to my schedule:
25th after arriving at 4pm:
Hike along Forggensee lake
Sightsee town at night (is this relatively safe for a girl, college kid?)
26th bright and early:
All them castles Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein (I MUST get to Mary's Bridge), and Linderhof Palace.
Cable car at Zugspitze or Garmisch-Partenkirchen
27th: Here's where it gets tricky. If I make it to the cable car at either one of the above, I would just sightsee and hike around in Fussen until my train leaves at 6pm. If I don't make it to the cable car however, is it worth it or possible to try and do it on the 27th? I would have all day until probably 5pm when I'd have to check out and go to the train station. So I'd have to be back by 4:30 at the latest.
Thanks in advance for your help and prompt replies (I leave in two days so, let me know soon!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 2 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 3 Road trip with our dog
- 4 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 5 italy Cinque Terre
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 9 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 10 Munich and....???
- 11 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Can parking
- 20 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 21 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 24 Driving through Paris
- 25 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
Ludwig's castles, Oberammergau, and Zugspitze, all in a day and a half?