My husband and I are traveling to Europe, more specifically Italy, for the first time this September. We will be there for 2 weeks and will be visiting Venice, Florence and Rome. We want to break up the trip a bit by visiting either Cinque Terre or Lucerne. We would like to get others opinions on which place is a must see – Cinque Terre or Lucerne. We’ve heard and read good things about each. We know Lucerne would require more travel time, which we are willing to do, if it's worth it.
Our planned itinerary is:
Venice – 3 nights
Lucerne or Cinque Terre – 3 nights
Florence – 3 nights
Rome – 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 2 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 3 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 4 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 5 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 8 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 9 Shall we Gdansk?
- 10 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 Jewish Vienna
- 15 Short time in Vienna
- 16 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 17 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 18 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 19 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 20 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 21 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 24 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 25 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland