My husband and I are traveling to Europe, more specifically Italy, for the first time this September. We will be there for 2 weeks and will be visiting Venice, Florence and Rome. We want to break up the trip a bit by visiting either Cinque Terre or Lucerne. We would like to get others opinions on which place is a must see – Cinque Terre or Lucerne. We’ve heard and read good things about each. We know Lucerne would require more travel time, which we are willing to do, if it's worth it.
Our planned itinerary is:
Venice – 3 nights
Lucerne or Cinque Terre – 3 nights
Florence – 3 nights
Rome – 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 SE ITALY
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 20 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 Uber vs. TfL