My husband and I are traveling to Europe, more specifically Italy, for the first time this September. We will be there for 2 weeks and will be visiting Venice, Florence and Rome. We want to break up the trip a bit by visiting either Cinque Terre or Lucerne. We would like to get others opinions on which place is a must see – Cinque Terre or Lucerne. We’ve heard and read good things about each. We know Lucerne would require more travel time, which we are willing to do, if it's worth it.
Our planned itinerary is:
Venice – 3 nights
Lucerne or Cinque Terre – 3 nights
Florence – 3 nights
Rome – 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 6 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 7 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 8 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 9 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 10 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 15 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 16 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Acorn TV
- 19 Train help for Prague
- 20 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 21 Sicily
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 25 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016