I'm traveling to Germany with a friend in mid-September for a wedding, and we're doing a trip from Lubeck (day trip to Schwerin) via Luneburg to Bremen, then via Bremerhaven to the wedding location. It seems like this area is somewhat popular with Germans for vacations, but except for Lubeck, not so popular with Americans, so I'm not finding too much detailed info.
For all stops--Lubeck, Schwerin, Luneburg, Bremen, and Bremerhaven--I'm looking for recommendations on restaurants and cafes.
For Schwerin, we will be doing a day trip via train from Lubeck. It seems like all anyone sees in Schwerin is the castle (which looks amazing). Has anyone done anything else in Schwerin? Should we combine with a short stop in Wismar or Ludwigslust?
For Luneburg, we will be driving from Lubeck to Bremen and stopping in Luneburg for lunch and to walk around the old town. I'd like to drive to Bremen on a route that would allow us to see the Luneburger Heide, where I think the heather will still be in bloom. I see several possible routes but wonder if anyone knows a good route where we could stop off at a park entrance or something and walk around a bit (not a long hike), or if there is a particularly scenic part that would be better. I saw some info about some archaeological sites in the park but no info on where they are or how to get to them.
In Bremen, is the Universum mainly for kids?
For Bremerhaven, any opinions on Emigration Museum vs. Klimahaus vs. Maritime Museum vs. Zoo? We can probably pick 2.
We are also considering a stop by the coast near Cuxhaven but again can't find much information on where would be a good spot to see the coast in the Wadden See park area.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 2 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 3 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 3nights in Venice
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 multi city flights to europe
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 10 Earthquake near Naples
- 11 Munich itinerary review
- 12 13 nights in switzerland
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 15 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 16 Football Tickets - Athens
- 17 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 18 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 19 Salzburg itinerary review
- 20 Positano or Sorrento?
- 21 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 22 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Paris in November