I'm traveling to Germany with a friend in mid-September for a wedding, and we're doing a trip from Lubeck (day trip to Schwerin) via Luneburg to Bremen, then via Bremerhaven to the wedding location. It seems like this area is somewhat popular with Germans for vacations, but except for Lubeck, not so popular with Americans, so I'm not finding too much detailed info.
For all stops--Lubeck, Schwerin, Luneburg, Bremen, and Bremerhaven--I'm looking for recommendations on restaurants and cafes.
For Schwerin, we will be doing a day trip via train from Lubeck. It seems like all anyone sees in Schwerin is the castle (which looks amazing). Has anyone done anything else in Schwerin? Should we combine with a short stop in Wismar or Ludwigslust?
For Luneburg, we will be driving from Lubeck to Bremen and stopping in Luneburg for lunch and to walk around the old town. I'd like to drive to Bremen on a route that would allow us to see the Luneburger Heide, where I think the heather will still be in bloom. I see several possible routes but wonder if anyone knows a good route where we could stop off at a park entrance or something and walk around a bit (not a long hike), or if there is a particularly scenic part that would be better. I saw some info about some archaeological sites in the park but no info on where they are or how to get to them.
In Bremen, is the Universum mainly for kids?
For Bremerhaven, any opinions on Emigration Museum vs. Klimahaus vs. Maritime Museum vs. Zoo? We can probably pick 2.
We are also considering a stop by the coast near Cuxhaven but again can't find much information on where would be a good spot to see the coast in the Wadden See park area.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alcazar question and seville advice
- 2 TSA Precheck
- 3 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 4 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 5 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Paris travel help
- 8 Day in Capri
- 9 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 10 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 11 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 12 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 13 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 14 Rome hotel
- 15 Villa in Italy
- 16 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 17 Help me make this possible!
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 20 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 21 One night in the Dolomites
- 22 Vatican tour
- 23 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 24 Places to stop/stay?
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria