I'm traveling to Germany with a friend in mid-September for a wedding, and we're doing a trip from Lubeck (day trip to Schwerin) via Luneburg to Bremen, then via Bremerhaven to the wedding location. It seems like this area is somewhat popular with Germans for vacations, but except for Lubeck, not so popular with Americans, so I'm not finding too much detailed info.
For all stops--Lubeck, Schwerin, Luneburg, Bremen, and Bremerhaven--I'm looking for recommendations on restaurants and cafes.
For Schwerin, we will be doing a day trip via train from Lubeck. It seems like all anyone sees in Schwerin is the castle (which looks amazing). Has anyone done anything else in Schwerin? Should we combine with a short stop in Wismar or Ludwigslust?
For Luneburg, we will be driving from Lubeck to Bremen and stopping in Luneburg for lunch and to walk around the old town. I'd like to drive to Bremen on a route that would allow us to see the Luneburger Heide, where I think the heather will still be in bloom. I see several possible routes but wonder if anyone knows a good route where we could stop off at a park entrance or something and walk around a bit (not a long hike), or if there is a particularly scenic part that would be better. I saw some info about some archaeological sites in the park but no info on where they are or how to get to them.
In Bremen, is the Universum mainly for kids?
For Bremerhaven, any opinions on Emigration Museum vs. Klimahaus vs. Maritime Museum vs. Zoo? We can probably pick 2.
We are also considering a stop by the coast near Cuxhaven but again can't find much information on where would be a good spot to see the coast in the Wadden See park area.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Escargots in Paris
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 7 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 8 Trip Ideas
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 11 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 12 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 16 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 17 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 18 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 19 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 20 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 21 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.