I realized I hadn't posted my trip report "blog" here from our recent trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice. We went in May 2014 and had a blast. I just love Italy! We dream of living there one day...
Boring stuff first:
Who: me, hubby and brother-in-law.
When: 17-28 May. Flying into Rome and out of Venice.
Where: Rome, San Gimigniano,Venice. It's our fourth time to Italy; last time was 2007.
Why: To celebrate brother-in-law's 0/5 birthday.
18, 19, 20 May--Rome at Arco del Lauro B&B
Sights on the agenda: Capitoline Hill Museums, Gesu Church, Pantheon, Galleria Doria Pamphili, San Clemente, San Paolo fuori muori, San Callisto catacombs, Appian Way, Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica, Castel Sant'Angelo.
21, 22 May: San Gimigniano at Villa Baciolo B&B
Things on the agenda: explore hill towns: Civita Bagnoregio, Montepulciano, Volterra, Siena.
23, 24, 25, 26, 27 May: Venice in an apartment in Dorsoduro
Sights on the agenda: Ca'Razzonico, Santa Maria della Salute, San Giorgio Maggiore, Doge's Palace, Correr Museum, St. Mark's Basilica, Suola San Rocco, Frari Church, Ca' Pesaro, Islands in the Lagoom (Burano, Torcello), Row Venice, Cicchetti Tour, Opera at La Fenice.
We did a lot of what we planned. Everything went very smoothly. I mean, we were barely lost at all in Venice (thanks to the Streetwise Venice map and brother-in-law's excellent map reading skillz!).
I love researching and planning our trips. I enjoy keeping the experience alive by writing about it upon our return.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 2 Hotels in Turin
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Chania
- 7 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 8 Now to Madrid
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 12 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 13 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 14 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Sicily: which coast?
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Edinbrugh
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Studying art in English in venice
Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice