I realized I hadn't posted my trip report "blog" here from our recent trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice. We went in May 2014 and had a blast. I just love Italy! We dream of living there one day...
Boring stuff first:
Who: me, hubby and brother-in-law.
When: 17-28 May. Flying into Rome and out of Venice.
Where: Rome, San Gimigniano,Venice. It's our fourth time to Italy; last time was 2007.
Why: To celebrate brother-in-law's 0/5 birthday.
18, 19, 20 May--Rome at Arco del Lauro B&B
Sights on the agenda: Capitoline Hill Museums, Gesu Church, Pantheon, Galleria Doria Pamphili, San Clemente, San Paolo fuori muori, San Callisto catacombs, Appian Way, Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica, Castel Sant'Angelo.
21, 22 May: San Gimigniano at Villa Baciolo B&B
Things on the agenda: explore hill towns: Civita Bagnoregio, Montepulciano, Volterra, Siena.
23, 24, 25, 26, 27 May: Venice in an apartment in Dorsoduro
Sights on the agenda: Ca'Razzonico, Santa Maria della Salute, San Giorgio Maggiore, Doge's Palace, Correr Museum, St. Mark's Basilica, Suola San Rocco, Frari Church, Ca' Pesaro, Islands in the Lagoom (Burano, Torcello), Row Venice, Cicchetti Tour, Opera at La Fenice.
We did a lot of what we planned. Everything went very smoothly. I mean, we were barely lost at all in Venice (thanks to the Streetwise Venice map and brother-in-law's excellent map reading skillz!).
I love researching and planning our trips. I enjoy keeping the experience alive by writing about it upon our return.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 4 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 5 San Sebastián
- 6 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 7 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 10 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 13 Planning A trip
- 14 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 17 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 18 Castle Stays in Wales
- 19 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 22 Can parking
- 23 italy Cinque Terre
- 24 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 25 Zurich to Milan trip
Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice