Spent a few days in Bristol, really liked it. We loved that it was a city but felt relaxed and uncrowded.
We stayed on the Promenade at Radisson Blu, an excellent base for exploring. The locals were quite friendly too.
I'm wondering if any other UK city would provide a similar experience, urban but not suffocating. Bristol had enough to hold our interest for 3 days without rushing.
Already been to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Oxford, Bath, York, and of course London.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.healthyorder.org/alpha-pro-boost/
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 4 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 5 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 6 One night in the Dolomites
- 7 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 8 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 9 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 10 Airport Transit Visa
- 11 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 12 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 13 Where in Greece
- 14 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 15 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 16 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 17 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 18 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 19 Vatican tour
- 20 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 21 Day in Capri
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 TSA Precheck
- 24 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 25 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches