A novice traveller seeking advices.
We will be in Paris at the end of may. We are planning to stay 3 nights in Lourdes and 2 nights in Paris. Can anyone give the following advices:
1. What is the most reasonable (economical and comfortable) ways of travelling between Paris and Lourdes? Keep hearing on TGV and eurostar, what is the difference on both? When I tried to book online (via tgv.co.uk, directrail.com, eurorail.com, etc.) they all quote different prices, sometime the difference is quite BIG for the same train (GBP 60 vs EURO 120, for example) .. is there anything I should know?
2. Recommendation for "reasonable" hotels in Lourdes and Paris? Something around EUR70 in lourdes and EUR100 in paris?
3. Things to do in Lourdes and the surrounding areas? Heard that there are several must-see areas around Lourdes.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Must Sights!
- 2 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 3 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 4 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 5 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 6 First trip to Italy
- 7 England and Wales by public transport
- 8 Vienna or Budapest?
- 9 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 10 Ireland & Scotland
- 11 Scenic Driving Routes
- 12 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 13 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 14 Andalucia in December
- 15 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 16 Budapest Hotels
- 17 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 20 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 21 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 22 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 23 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 24 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 25 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!