A novice traveller seeking advices.
We will be in Paris at the end of may. We are planning to stay 3 nights in Lourdes and 2 nights in Paris. Can anyone give the following advices:
1. What is the most reasonable (economical and comfortable) ways of travelling between Paris and Lourdes? Keep hearing on TGV and eurostar, what is the difference on both? When I tried to book online (via tgv.co.uk, directrail.com, eurorail.com, etc.) they all quote different prices, sometime the difference is quite BIG for the same train (GBP 60 vs EURO 120, for example) .. is there anything I should know?
2. Recommendation for "reasonable" hotels in Lourdes and Paris? Something around EUR70 in lourdes and EUR100 in paris?
3. Things to do in Lourdes and the surrounding areas? Heard that there are several must-see areas around Lourdes.
Thanks in advance
Lourdes and Paris.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 2 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 3 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 4 Madrid and London
- 5 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 6 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 Unique Venice Activity
- 9 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 10 Chip but no PIN
- 11 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 12 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 13 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 14 car rental advice in Portugal
- 15 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 16 What to wear
- 17 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 18 Small group for Colosseum
- 19 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 20 Lofoten ferry
- 21 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 22 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 23 Duoro river cruises
- 24 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 25 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions