A novice traveller seeking advices.
We will be in Paris at the end of may. We are planning to stay 3 nights in Lourdes and 2 nights in Paris. Can anyone give the following advices:
1. What is the most reasonable (economical and comfortable) ways of travelling between Paris and Lourdes? Keep hearing on TGV and eurostar, what is the difference on both? When I tried to book online (via tgv.co.uk, directrail.com, eurorail.com, etc.) they all quote different prices, sometime the difference is quite BIG for the same train (GBP 60 vs EURO 120, for example) .. is there anything I should know?
2. Recommendation for "reasonable" hotels in Lourdes and Paris? Something around EUR70 in lourdes and EUR100 in paris?
3. Things to do in Lourdes and the surrounding areas? Heard that there are several must-see areas around Lourdes.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Travel Advice
- 2 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 3 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 4 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 5 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 6 European Championship
- 7 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 8 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 9 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 10 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 11 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 12 Normandy - driving trip
- 13 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 14 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 15 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 16 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 17 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 18 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 19 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 20 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 21 sim card
- 22 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 23 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 24 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 25 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids