A novice traveller seeking advices.
We will be in Paris at the end of may. We are planning to stay 3 nights in Lourdes and 2 nights in Paris. Can anyone give the following advices:
1. What is the most reasonable (economical and comfortable) ways of travelling between Paris and Lourdes? Keep hearing on TGV and eurostar, what is the difference on both? When I tried to book online (via tgv.co.uk, directrail.com, eurorail.com, etc.) they all quote different prices, sometime the difference is quite BIG for the same train (GBP 60 vs EURO 120, for example) .. is there anything I should know?
2. Recommendation for "reasonable" hotels in Lourdes and Paris? Something around EUR70 in lourdes and EUR100 in paris?
3. Things to do in Lourdes and the surrounding areas? Heard that there are several must-see areas around Lourdes.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Tuscany
- 2 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 3 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 4 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Cordoba or Granada?
- 7 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 8 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 9 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 10 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 11 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 12 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 13 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 14 Munich, Germany
- 15 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 16 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 17 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 18 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 19 Touring Wales
- 20 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 21 First Time Europe Trip
- 22 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 23 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 24 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 25 St Andrews advice