A novice traveller seeking advices.
We will be in Paris at the end of may. We are planning to stay 3 nights in Lourdes and 2 nights in Paris. Can anyone give the following advices:
1. What is the most reasonable (economical and comfortable) ways of travelling between Paris and Lourdes? Keep hearing on TGV and eurostar, what is the difference on both? When I tried to book online (via tgv.co.uk, directrail.com, eurorail.com, etc.) they all quote different prices, sometime the difference is quite BIG for the same train (GBP 60 vs EURO 120, for example) .. is there anything I should know?
2. Recommendation for "reasonable" hotels in Lourdes and Paris? Something around EUR70 in lourdes and EUR100 in paris?
3. Things to do in Lourdes and the surrounding areas? Heard that there are several must-see areas around Lourdes.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 2 Ordering in a Deli
- 3 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 4 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 5 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 6 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 7 International Friends Tour
- 8 Naples or Genoa
- 9 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 10 Walking Scotland
- 11 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 12 Help with itinerary
- 13 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 14 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 15 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 16 I forgot my international driver permit
- 17 Daytime or Sunset Cruise in Santorini
- 18 Bordeaux TRIP
- 19 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 20 Den Bosch vs nearby towns? Daytrip from Eindhoven
- 21 August - Barge Racing in Friesland
- 22 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 23 2 Weeks 3 Cities
- 24 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 25 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)