A novice traveller seeking advices.
We will be in Paris at the end of may. We are planning to stay 3 nights in Lourdes and 2 nights in Paris. Can anyone give the following advices:
1. What is the most reasonable (economical and comfortable) ways of travelling between Paris and Lourdes? Keep hearing on TGV and eurostar, what is the difference on both? When I tried to book online (via tgv.co.uk, directrail.com, eurorail.com, etc.) they all quote different prices, sometime the difference is quite BIG for the same train (GBP 60 vs EURO 120, for example) .. is there anything I should know?
2. Recommendation for "reasonable" hotels in Lourdes and Paris? Something around EUR70 in lourdes and EUR100 in paris?
3. Things to do in Lourdes and the surrounding areas? Heard that there are several must-see areas around Lourdes.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 2 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 3 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 4 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 5 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 6 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 7 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 8 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 9 If Greece exits
- 10 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 11 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 12 Traveling solo in the Loire Valley / train or car? best base?
- 13 Budapest questions round 1
- 14 Rafting Gorge du Verdon
- 15 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 16 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 17 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 18 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 19 Riviera roadtrip
- 20 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 21 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 22 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 23 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 24 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 25 Barcelona in 2 Days