A novice traveller seeking advices.
We will be in Paris at the end of may. We are planning to stay 3 nights in Lourdes and 2 nights in Paris. Can anyone give the following advices:
1. What is the most reasonable (economical and comfortable) ways of travelling between Paris and Lourdes? Keep hearing on TGV and eurostar, what is the difference on both? When I tried to book online (via tgv.co.uk, directrail.com, eurorail.com, etc.) they all quote different prices, sometime the difference is quite BIG for the same train (GBP 60 vs EURO 120, for example) .. is there anything I should know?
2. Recommendation for "reasonable" hotels in Lourdes and Paris? Something around EUR70 in lourdes and EUR100 in paris?
3. Things to do in Lourdes and the surrounding areas? Heard that there are several must-see areas around Lourdes.
Thanks in advance
Lourdes and Paris.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 2 plug adapters ITALY
- 3 10 days to Explore Europe
- 4 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 5 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 6 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 7 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 8 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 9 How much luggage?????
- 10 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 11 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 12 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 13 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 14 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 15 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 16 Help with France itinerary
- 17 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 18 German Rail Twin Pass
- 19 London restaurants
- 20 White Villages base?
- 21 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 22 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 23 biking in France
- 24 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 25 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?