A novice traveller seeking advices.
We will be in Paris at the end of may. We are planning to stay 3 nights in Lourdes and 2 nights in Paris. Can anyone give the following advices:
1. What is the most reasonable (economical and comfortable) ways of travelling between Paris and Lourdes? Keep hearing on TGV and eurostar, what is the difference on both? When I tried to book online (via tgv.co.uk, directrail.com, eurorail.com, etc.) they all quote different prices, sometime the difference is quite BIG for the same train (GBP 60 vs EURO 120, for example) .. is there anything I should know?
2. Recommendation for "reasonable" hotels in Lourdes and Paris? Something around EUR70 in lourdes and EUR100 in paris?
3. Things to do in Lourdes and the surrounding areas? Heard that there are several must-see areas around Lourdes.
Thanks in advance
Lourdes and Paris.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 2 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 3 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 4 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 5 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 6 Southern Ireland Help
- 7 Bologna tips
- 8 London and Where Else in late December?
- 9 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 10 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 11 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 12 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 13 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 14 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 15 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 16 London - Site List Triage -
- 17 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 18 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 19 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 20 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 21 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 22 Unico Costiera Tickets Have Gone Down in Price!!!!
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 25 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check