I am planning a trip to Ireland this fall and am looking into hiring a car/driver instead of doing trains and busses. I am a seasoned traveler and already have my base cities picked out (Dublin, Galway, Cork and Waterford or Kilkenny) and will do day trips and/or bus tours from those cities. Upon investigation, it is very time consuming getting from Galway to Cork- the train basically goes back to Dublin first and the bus routing is not much better- each of these was 4-5 hours. I do NOT want to rent a car, but would like to hire a car service to get from Galway to Cork, Cork to Waterford/Kilkenny and from there back to Dublin. I have already contacted Gene at glengarriff cabs (found on TripAdvisor) and he is unavailable. I am not looking for a tour guide, just a car and driver.
If anyone has people/transportation companies used in the past I would appreciate suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 2 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 3 Driving in Italy?
- 4 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 5 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 6 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 7 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 10 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 11 Shoes in Scotland
- 12 Engadine Valley help
- 13 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Naples, Italy
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 21 Tuscany 6 nights
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees