I am planning a trip to Ireland this fall and am looking into hiring a car/driver instead of doing trains and busses. I am a seasoned traveler and already have my base cities picked out (Dublin, Galway, Cork and Waterford or Kilkenny) and will do day trips and/or bus tours from those cities. Upon investigation, it is very time consuming getting from Galway to Cork- the train basically goes back to Dublin first and the bus routing is not much better- each of these was 4-5 hours. I do NOT want to rent a car, but would like to hire a car service to get from Galway to Cork, Cork to Waterford/Kilkenny and from there back to Dublin. I have already contacted Gene at glengarriff cabs (found on TripAdvisor) and he is unavailable. I am not looking for a tour guide, just a car and driver.
If anyone has people/transportation companies used in the past I would appreciate suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Acropolis Athens
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 driving from prague to salzburg
- 10 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 11 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 12 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 16 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 21 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25 Germany train help!