I am planning a trip to Ireland this fall and am looking into hiring a car/driver instead of doing trains and busses. I am a seasoned traveler and already have my base cities picked out (Dublin, Galway, Cork and Waterford or Kilkenny) and will do day trips and/or bus tours from those cities. Upon investigation, it is very time consuming getting from Galway to Cork- the train basically goes back to Dublin first and the bus routing is not much better- each of these was 4-5 hours. I do NOT want to rent a car, but would like to hire a car service to get from Galway to Cork, Cork to Waterford/Kilkenny and from there back to Dublin. I have already contacted Gene at glengarriff cabs (found on TripAdvisor) and he is unavailable. I am not looking for a tour guide, just a car and driver.
If anyone has people/transportation companies used in the past I would appreciate suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 2 One night in the Dolomites
- 3 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 4 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 5 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 6 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 7 Airport Transit Visa
- 8 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 9 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 10 Where in Greece
- 11 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 12 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 13 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 14 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 15 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 16 Vatican tour
- 17 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 18 Day in Capri
- 19 alcazar question and seville advice
- 20 TSA Precheck
- 21 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 First visit to London
- 24 Paris travel help
- 25 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?