I am planning a trip to Ireland this fall and am looking into hiring a car/driver instead of doing trains and busses. I am a seasoned traveler and already have my base cities picked out (Dublin, Galway, Cork and Waterford or Kilkenny) and will do day trips and/or bus tours from those cities. Upon investigation, it is very time consuming getting from Galway to Cork- the train basically goes back to Dublin first and the bus routing is not much better- each of these was 4-5 hours. I do NOT want to rent a car, but would like to hire a car service to get from Galway to Cork, Cork to Waterford/Kilkenny and from there back to Dublin. I have already contacted Gene at glengarriff cabs (found on TripAdvisor) and he is unavailable. I am not looking for a tour guide, just a car and driver.
If anyone has people/transportation companies used in the past I would appreciate suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Spain and South of France
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Overnight at Heathrow
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Ronda Wine/biking
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Andalucia itinerary help
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 21 Prague
- 22 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 9 days in London
- 25 Where to buy things outside of Munich