I'm looking for suggestions of regions such as Bavaria and Rhineland that fit the following criteria:
- well served by public transport
- has many beautiful/nice locations
- fits at least one week travel (two is better) in early october
- best if it is somewhere not cold (by cold, I mean 10C or less in daylight);
Where I've already been and could call "beautiful" or "nice" (could be either village, town or city, but I enjoy town and villages way more). I do not intend to go back to these places for now.
- Venice, Siena, San Gimignano, Amalfi Coast, Capri, Cinque Terre;
- a few Bavarian towns;
- a few Rhineland towns;
- Loire Valley;
- Cesky Krumlov;
- Bruge, Gent;
- Edam, Leiden, Delft;
Where I've already researched, really liked, but found not very well served by public transport:
- Dordogne (France);
- Aveyron (France);
- Peloponeso (Greece);
- Cotswolds (UK);
- Istria (Croatia);
- Dolomites (Italy);
Where I'm afraid it is cold in early october :
- Switzerland (really liked it, but it is also very expensive);
- Eastern europe;
- Brittany and Normandy;
- Austrian lakes (it seems also not suitable for one or two weeks travel alone);
Where for personal reasons I'm not interested ATM:
Where I find beautiful, warm enough, but I'm afraid that public transport is not frequent enough:
- greek islands (Santorini, Naxos, Rhodes);
- Croatia, excluding Istria;
- Provence/Côte d'azur;
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 2 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 3 Borghese Gallery Question
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Sim Card
- 6 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 7 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 8 Airline to Rome
- 9 Finland around Christmas time?
- 10 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 11 Athens Help
- 12 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 13 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 14 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 15 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 18 Transport for local Venice travel
- 19 London vacation rental agency
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 SE ITALY
- 24 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 25 Granada in April; add Malaga?