I'm looking for suggestions of regions such as Bavaria and Rhineland that fit the following criteria:
- well served by public transport
- has many beautiful/nice locations
- fits at least one week travel (two is better) in early october
- best if it is somewhere not cold (by cold, I mean 10C or less in daylight);
Where I've already been and could call "beautiful" or "nice" (could be either village, town or city, but I enjoy town and villages way more). I do not intend to go back to these places for now.
- Venice, Siena, San Gimignano, Amalfi Coast, Capri, Cinque Terre;
- a few Bavarian towns;
- a few Rhineland towns;
- Loire Valley;
- Cesky Krumlov;
- Bruge, Gent;
- Edam, Leiden, Delft;
Where I've already researched, really liked, but found not very well served by public transport:
- Dordogne (France);
- Aveyron (France);
- Peloponeso (Greece);
- Cotswolds (UK);
- Istria (Croatia);
- Dolomites (Italy);
Where I'm afraid it is cold in early october :
- Switzerland (really liked it, but it is also very expensive);
- Eastern europe;
- Brittany and Normandy;
- Austrian lakes (it seems also not suitable for one or two weeks travel alone);
Where for personal reasons I'm not interested ATM:
Where I find beautiful, warm enough, but I'm afraid that public transport is not frequent enough:
- greek islands (Santorini, Naxos, Rhodes);
- Croatia, excluding Istria;
- Provence/Côte d'azur;
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 2 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 3 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 4 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 5 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 6 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 7 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 8 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 9 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 10 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 11 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 12 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 13 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 14 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 15 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 16 Piedmont as a destination
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 19 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 24 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 25 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country