I'm looking for suggestions of regions such as Bavaria and Rhineland that fit the following criteria:
- well served by public transport
- has many beautiful/nice locations
- fits at least one week travel (two is better) in early october
- best if it is somewhere not cold (by cold, I mean 10C or less in daylight);
Where I've already been and could call "beautiful" or "nice" (could be either village, town or city, but I enjoy town and villages way more). I do not intend to go back to these places for now.
- Venice, Siena, San Gimignano, Amalfi Coast, Capri, Cinque Terre;
- a few Bavarian towns;
- a few Rhineland towns;
- Loire Valley;
- Cesky Krumlov;
- Bruge, Gent;
- Edam, Leiden, Delft;
Where I've already researched, really liked, but found not very well served by public transport:
- Dordogne (France);
- Aveyron (France);
- Peloponeso (Greece);
- Cotswolds (UK);
- Istria (Croatia);
- Dolomites (Italy);
Where I'm afraid it is cold in early october :
- Switzerland (really liked it, but it is also very expensive);
- Eastern europe;
- Brittany and Normandy;
- Austrian lakes (it seems also not suitable for one or two weeks travel alone);
Where for personal reasons I'm not interested ATM:
Where I find beautiful, warm enough, but I'm afraid that public transport is not frequent enough:
- greek islands (Santorini, Naxos, Rhodes);
- Croatia, excluding Istria;
- Provence/Côte d'azur;
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Madrid food advice needed
- 3 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Couscous
- 6 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 8 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 9 IWM
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 12 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 13 One July night in Verona - help!
- 14 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 15 Avoid Europcar!
- 16 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 17 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 18 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 19 Scotland - We're Here!
- 20 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 21 Paris for children
- 22 European Vacation 2017
- 23 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 24 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 25 Naples + Walking Tour