I think I posted a similar question here before but if you don't mind I'll ask again.
I really want to do a 2 weeks trip (Sep25-Oct08) and i simply can't figure out where to go.
one of the problems is budget which is around 1200euros (excluding the flights from Israel). I'm traveling solo (27yr old female) and travel as a backpacker (hostels and public transport).
the thing is I'm not sure what I'm looking for. but I do know 4 things:
- food. I don't eat in restaurants for budget reasons but I'm looking for a place where I can find nice cheap food. I don't need some high end cooking. what I like is nice food in the supermarkets, food markets and some cheap food chains (but not junk food).
- sightseeing. half of those 2 weeks I want to spend in one big city so I need a place that will keep me busy for a week. the thing is I'm not a big fan of museums and history.
- shopping. looking for good shopping options for not so high prices.
- a friendly place for a solo traveler like me.
so far I visited London, Paris (about 10 years ago with my parents) and did some hiking in Switzerland but I'm used to traveling alone (including Asia and Africa).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 5 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 6 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 7 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 8 Help with Ireland Trip
- 9 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 10 Cappadocia in June
- 11 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 12 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 13 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 Ibiiza Spain
- 16 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 17 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 18 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 19 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 20 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 21 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 22 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon