I think I posted a similar question here before but if you don't mind I'll ask again.
I really want to do a 2 weeks trip (Sep25-Oct08) and i simply can't figure out where to go.
one of the problems is budget which is around 1200euros (excluding the flights from Israel). I'm traveling solo (27yr old female) and travel as a backpacker (hostels and public transport).
the thing is I'm not sure what I'm looking for. but I do know 4 things:
- food. I don't eat in restaurants for budget reasons but I'm looking for a place where I can find nice cheap food. I don't need some high end cooking. what I like is nice food in the supermarkets, food markets and some cheap food chains (but not junk food).
- sightseeing. half of those 2 weeks I want to spend in one big city so I need a place that will keep me busy for a week. the thing is I'm not a big fan of museums and history.
- shopping. looking for good shopping options for not so high prices.
- a friendly place for a solo traveler like me.
so far I visited London, Paris (about 10 years ago with my parents) and did some hiking in Switzerland but I'm used to traveling alone (including Asia and Africa).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 2 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 Christmas in Spain
- 10 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Vigo Spain????
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 22 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 23 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?