I think I posted a similar question here before but if you don't mind I'll ask again.
I really want to do a 2 weeks trip (Sep25-Oct08) and i simply can't figure out where to go.
one of the problems is budget which is around 1200euros (excluding the flights from Israel). I'm traveling solo (27yr old female) and travel as a backpacker (hostels and public transport).
the thing is I'm not sure what I'm looking for. but I do know 4 things:
- food. I don't eat in restaurants for budget reasons but I'm looking for a place where I can find nice cheap food. I don't need some high end cooking. what I like is nice food in the supermarkets, food markets and some cheap food chains (but not junk food).
- sightseeing. half of those 2 weeks I want to spend in one big city so I need a place that will keep me busy for a week. the thing is I'm not a big fan of museums and history.
- shopping. looking for good shopping options for not so high prices.
- a friendly place for a solo traveler like me.
so far I visited London, Paris (about 10 years ago with my parents) and did some hiking in Switzerland but I'm used to traveling alone (including Asia and Africa).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 2 Athens
- 3 10 days in Paris and......
- 4 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 5 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 6 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 7 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 8 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 9 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 10 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 11 Swiss Travel Pass
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 18 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 19 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 20 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 21 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 24 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 25 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices