I think I posted a similar question here before but if you don't mind I'll ask again.
I really want to do a 2 weeks trip (Sep25-Oct08) and i simply can't figure out where to go.
one of the problems is budget which is around 1200euros (excluding the flights from Israel). I'm traveling solo (27yr old female) and travel as a backpacker (hostels and public transport).
the thing is I'm not sure what I'm looking for. but I do know 4 things:
- food. I don't eat in restaurants for budget reasons but I'm looking for a place where I can find nice cheap food. I don't need some high end cooking. what I like is nice food in the supermarkets, food markets and some cheap food chains (but not junk food).
- sightseeing. half of those 2 weeks I want to spend in one big city so I need a place that will keep me busy for a week. the thing is I'm not a big fan of museums and history.
- shopping. looking for good shopping options for not so high prices.
- a friendly place for a solo traveler like me.
so far I visited London, Paris (about 10 years ago with my parents) and did some hiking in Switzerland but I'm used to traveling alone (including Asia and Africa).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 3 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 4 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 5 Europe First Timers
- 6 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 8 Chur or St Moritz?
- 9 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 10 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 11 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 12 Safety in Rome
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 17 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 18 Athens Help
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 25 Crete Holiday