we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Who owns the Alhambra? ...calling all history buffs
- 2 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 3 The BEST Road Trip Ever! 15 Nights in Iceland
- 4 Small-group day tours from London?
- 5 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 6 How to rent a car...
- 7 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 8 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 9 Advise
- 10 Getting Around Toledo
- 11 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 12 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 13 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 14 Best location to stay in Seville
- 15 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 16 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 17 Crete - Short Island Cruises from/return Crete
- 18 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 19 Photos from our wonderful trip to Spain
- 20 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 21 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 22 Andalucia to Madrid
- 23 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 24 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 25 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?