we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips question
- 2 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 3 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 4 tipping
- 5 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 6 Paris and Lyon
- 7 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 8 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 9 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 10 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 11 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 12 Santorini and Positano.
- 13 From Galway: go north or south???
- 14 Rome at Christmas
- 15 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 16 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 17 Gstaad, trip for 2 days
- 18 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 19 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 20 Provins on a weekday?
- 21 Oberammergau and Fussen
- 22 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 23 Positano: Hotel Posa Posa, Hotel Royal
- 24 What clothes?
- 25 Douro Valley 3 nights