we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland driving vacation
- 2 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 3 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 4 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 5 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 6 Bavaria: Need Itinerary and Lodging Help for Family of Six
- 7 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 8 Provence, near Nice
- 9 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 10 Bike touring in France
- 11 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 12 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 13 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain
- 14 hire a car or public transport
- 15 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 16 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 17 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 18 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 19 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 20 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 21 Renting Gites through the Gites-de-France web site
- 22 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 23 3 weeks in Europe
- 24 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 25 Paris first then where?