we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 2 What do pack for Ireland?
- 3 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 4 Antwerp Tram
- 5 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 6 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 7 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 8 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 9 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 10 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 11 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 12 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 13 Boat ride from Naples to Capri
- 14 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 15 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 18 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 19 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 20 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 21 Marseille Airport rental return
- 22 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 23 Alhambra
- 24 Road trip from Milan Rome
- 25 Ischia and Positano/Sorrento? Or just Ischia?