we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 2 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 3 Car Rental in Italy
- 4 Rue des Rosiers
- 5 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 6 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 7 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 8 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 9 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 10 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 11 First Trip to Europe!
- 12 Paris Under Seige...
- 13 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 14 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 15 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 16 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 17 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 18 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 19 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 20 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 21 Hamam Istanbul?
- 22 Belgium : a asfe country
- 23 sfo to europe
- 24 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 25 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?