we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 2 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 3 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 4 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 5 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 6 Tipping in the UK
- 7 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 8 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 9 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 10 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 11 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 12 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 13 London city Best option for transit
- 14 England/EPL family vacation
- 15 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 16 Never To Return
- 17 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 18 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 19 Lucerne Switzerland
- 20 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 21 Central Europe itinerary
- 22 First visit to France in November
- 23 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 24 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 25 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily