we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 2 First Trip to Europe!
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 5 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 6 Rue des Rosiers
- 7 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 8 Paris Under Seige...
- 9 visa appointment experience
- 10 Brief trip report Naples
- 11 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 12 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 13 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 14 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 15 What to take to Germany
- 16 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 17 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 21 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 22 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 23 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 24 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 25 4 week trip Turkey