we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 2 Tour Company in Russia
- 3 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 4 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 5 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 6 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 7 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 8 10 days in England
- 9 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 10 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 11 Northern Lights - What else to see
- 12 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 13 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 14 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 15 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 16 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 17 Which One?
- 18 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 19 month's stay in Italy
- 20 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 21 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 22 International driving permit required in France?
- 23 Visit to Bath and London england
- 24 Germany Visa for conference
- 25 Food in Paris-Dining out