we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 2 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 3 Rome Airport Question!
- 4 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 5 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 6 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 7 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 8 Prague old town
- 9 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 10 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 11 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 12 Ordering in a Deli
- 13 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 14 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 15 20 free days of Europe
- 16 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 17 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 18 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 19 International Friends Tour
- 20 Naples or Genoa
- 21 Walking Scotland
- 22 Help with itinerary
- 23 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 24 I forgot my international driver permit
- 25 Daytime or Sunset Cruise in Santorini