we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhodes and then where in Greece?
- 2 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 3 Questions about regionale trains
- 4 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 5 Mom's Retirement Trip (of a Lifetime)
- 6 Malaga Train Station Car Drop off
- 7 Reserving ferry tickets Greece during high season
- 8 Algarve from Faro Airport
- 9 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 10 Rome Private Tours
- 11 15 nights in Italy
- 12 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 13 5 Days in Provence
- 14 Leather "warehouse" between Kudassi and Seluck
- 15 Rome Sistine Chapel Night Tour
- 16 5 top Scams in Paris
- 17 RHK's Spring Trip
- 18 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 19 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 20 Croatia Trip Report Part 1
- 21 Finalizing Itinerary
- 22 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 23 Venice to split croatia
- 24 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 25 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo