we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Perpignan - 2 Nights
- 2 Venice water buses
- 3 Barcelona in 2 Days
- 4 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 5 Northern Italy - Milan or Italian Lake District
- 6 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 7 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 8 Our Paris plans
- 9 2 days in Alsace
- 10 Spain
- 11 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 12 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 13 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 14 Where to go after Romania...or should I spend whole trip there?
- 15 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 16 Barcelona Itinerary
- 17 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 18 town between Alba and Rapallo?
- 19 Sicily Trip
- 20 Have you been to the Ferrari Museum in Italy
- 21 Hours for Accademia -- Florence
- 22 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 23 Thalys seat assignment hassle
- 24 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 25 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?