we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 2 Driving in Germany and Austria
- 3 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 4 Greece for a month with a baby
- 5 5 day Madrid itinerary help
- 6 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 7 Wine tour in Chianti
- 8 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 9 Slovenia itinerary
- 10 Colosseum day or Night Tour
- 11 Europcar at vienna airport
- 12 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 13 Bus ride to Positano
- 14 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 15 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 16 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 17 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 18 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 19 Amsterdam restaurants
- 20 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 21 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 22 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 23 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 24 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 25 Andaz Liverpool vs. Marriott Regents Park