we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piazza Navona
- 2 The highlands
- 3 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 4 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 Seville bus information
- 7 Alhambra discount tickets
- 8 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 9 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 10 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 11 Where to stay in Paris for our 1st time there?
- 12 Berlin to Barcelona
- 13 Venice at Christmas
- 14 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 15 Scotland - Hiking - Fort William or Isle of Skye
- 16 Rhine River
- 17 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 18 Arriving 23:35 at Marco Polo
- 19 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 20 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 21 Airtrain from Zurich to Basel info needed
- 22 Macedonia, Greece
- 23 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 24 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 25 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district