we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What tips can you give about packing?
- 2 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 5 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 6 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 7 How the kids age calculated
- 8 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 9 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 10 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 11 Murren to Prague
- 12 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 13 Scotland Trip Report
- 14 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Cordoba Overnight?
- 17 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 18 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 19 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 20 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 21 Firt time VISA applicant
- 22 Uffizi Phone Number
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 Aix Provence
- 25 Sintra