we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Paris plans
- 2 Croatia-Dubrovnik-split 8 days
- 3 Thalys seat assignment hassle
- 4 Ny to St Tropez
- 5 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 6 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 7 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 8 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 9 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 10 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 11 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 12 Sicily Trip
- 13 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 14 Switzerland - altitude sickness question.
- 15 Any experience with ebookers.com or mobissimo.com?
- 16 Bath or Exeter
- 17 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 18 Referendum in Greece
- 19 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 20 Barcelona Itinerary
- 21 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 22 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 23 air conditioning
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2