we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 2 Help with England/Wales tour
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 5 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 6 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 trip to norway
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 My notes on Greece 101
- 12 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 13 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 14 Where to go in France mid July?
- 15 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 16 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 17 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 Cotswold Churches
- 20 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 21 Best beach town in Italy?
- 22 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 23 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 24 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 25 Italy and Croatia