we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 2 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 3 20 days in Germany
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 6 Nice or Marseille??
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 9 Rome---August and September
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 12 South of France November Trip Report
- 13 Dresden or Leipzig
- 14 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 Moving to Belfast
- 23 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June