we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 2 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 3 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 4 13 nights in switzerland
- 5 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 6 weekend from cologne germany
- 7 Earthquake near Naples
- 8 My final Prague itinerary
- 9 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 10 London Theater
- 11 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 12 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 13 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 14 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 17 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 18 Munich itinerary review
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 21 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 22 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 23 3nights in Venice
- 24 multi city flights to europe
- 25 Europe itinerary questions