we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poland in September
- 2 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 3 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 4 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 5 First Time Europe Trip
- 6 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 7 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 8 Romantic Restaurants in Venice?
- 9 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 10 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 11 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 12 Tour or independent
- 13 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 14 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 15 Hertz Never Lost
- 16 student in denmark
- 17 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 18 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 19 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 20 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 21 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 22 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 23 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 24 Amalfi or Positano
- 25 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?