we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to Buy Fiorentina v Sevilla Football Tickets
- 2 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 3 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 4 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 5 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 6 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 7 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 8 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 9 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 10 One night for dinner in Rome
- 11 Hiking Trail in Santorini - Fira to Oia or Oia to Fira???
- 12 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 13 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 14 What is your favorite travel app?
- 15 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 16 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 17 Seville Ronda Nerja Granada: Please critique Andalucia driving itinerary.
- 18 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 19 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 20 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 21 A week on the Amalfi Coast--Itinerary Advice Needed!
- 22 DCC on the increase?
- 23 Planning a week in London
- 24 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 25 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?