we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road trip with our dog
- 2 Douro Valley in January?
- 3 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 4 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 7 Munich and....???
- 8 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 11 italy Cinque Terre
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 15 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 16 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 Spanish Medical Providers
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Can parking
- 24 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 25 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January