we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 2 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 3 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 4 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 5 Puglia
- 6 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 7 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 8 This secure, as immoderate-colossal
- 9 From London to Paris to US
- 10 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 11 My First Trip to Europe...
- 12 Residential wallpaper designs
- 13 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 14 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 15 Naples or Genoa
- 16 France to stop making foie grois
- 17 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 18 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 19 Greece Itinerary
- 20 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 21 Road Maps of Ireland
- 22 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Manchester on derby weekend
- 25 Rome to Positano