we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 2 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 3 Is MasterCard/Visa Car Rental Insurance Worth It?
- 4 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- 5 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 6 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 7 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 8 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 9 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 10 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 11 London hotel tax is 20%
- 12 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 13 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 14 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 15 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 16 Need help with itinerary
- 17 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 18 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 19 First Trip to Europe
- 20 Expat area's in France
- 21 24 Hours on Santorini -- what to do and see?
- 22 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 23 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 24 One month (ish) in Spain
- 25 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK