we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 2 Alhambra questions
- 3 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 4 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 5 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 6 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 7 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 8 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 9 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 10 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 11 Back to Provence in 2015
- 12 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 13 Sicily and Aeolian Island TRAVELLING SOLO
- 14 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 15 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 16 Planning for a Budget Trip to Jersey, Channel Islands
- 17 Mont St. Michele?
- 18 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 19 Hotels in old Rome
- 20 Revisit someplace you've already been or go somewhere new?
- 21 Suggestions for Jersey (Channel Islands)
- 22 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 23 Croatia
- 24 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 25 Genoa - What are the Must Do's