we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 2 My summer in Paris
- 3 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 4 Guys please Help, Italy areas, where to stay. Running out of time.
- 5 10 days in andalucia spain
- 6 June or August: Ireland/London/Belgium/Paris
- 7 Our first trip to Europe
- 8 Irish Republic phone use
- 9 A/C in Basel
- 10 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 11 Cadiz or Malaga
- 12 Where to stay in Northern Ireland and should we try to see Cliffs of Moher?
- 13 2 Week Trip to Central/Eastern Europe
- 14 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 15 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 16 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 17 Is traveling to 10 countries in Europe in 50 days a good idea?
- 18 Day Trips or Open Jaw Munich,Vienna,Budapest?
- 19 Short break over xmas - where?
- 20 Need help planning a 20 day trip
- 21 Careful with AirB&B in Amsterdam
- 22 Charles DeGaulle to Paris
- 23 Is this a good hotel and loaction in Paris?
- 24 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 25 another Naples and Amalfi coast question