we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 2 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 3 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 4 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 5 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 6 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 7 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 8 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 9 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 10 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 11 Iceland Day 5
- 12 Holland/France/Spain
- 13 Scotland Trip
- 14 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 15 Montenegro in September
- 16 3 week stay in Scotland
- 17 Paris, France
- 18 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 19 sfo to europe
- 20 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 21 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 22 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 23 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 24 What one thing in Paris?
- 25 Suggestions for base in the Var