we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 2 Day trips from Bologna
- 3 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 4 Paris in black and white
- 5 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 6 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 7 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 8 Terrorism in Europe
- 9 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 10 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 13 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 14 Grad Schools in London?
- 15 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 16 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 17 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 18 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 19 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 20 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 21 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 22 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 23 Mama Mia Italy!
- 24 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 25 Chasing the Tour de France 2014