we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 2 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 5 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 6 Revised itinerary for italy
- 7 Bernina Express mid-March
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 where to stay in London?
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 16 Flamenco in October
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 19 4 days itinerary for France
- 20 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 21 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 22 getting to CDG
- 23 A Month stay in Southern France
- 24 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 25 3 days in Ortygia Sicily