we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Plane Tickets 101
- 2 Paris Here We Come
- 3 Ferrari Factory
- 4 Best new years?
- 5 Cheshire, England Hotelsq
- 6 Amalfi Coast in June
- 7 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
- 8 Where to go after Venice Italy?
- 9 Madrid & Barcelona Questions
- 10 Trouble in Istanbul or just precautions?
- 11 How to Spot an American in Europe
- 12 Paris (relax), Amboise, Loire (bicycle)
- 13 Rome, Florence, Venice
- 14 Barcelona - Am I the only one who wasn't blown away?
- 15 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 16 Paris dining-with teens
- 17 Paris GTG - October 21
- 18 First Weekend in Switzerland
- 19 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 20 Hanover, Germany, where to eat and stay
- 21 Exploring the neighbourhoods of Berlin
- 22 Fall 2015 Balkans Trip Report - Mostly Croatia & Slovenia
- 23 Tbilisi in Georgia, let yourself be charmed!
- 24 A romantic weekend in Paris with outstanding food!
- 25 Poblenou is the place to be in Barcelona!