we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 2 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 5 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 6 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 7 3 nights in Tuscany
- 8 Amalfi or Positano
- 9 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 10 River Boat Cruise
- 11 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 12 Hostel Advice
- 13 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 14 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 15 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 16 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 17 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 18 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 19 Cordoba or Granada?
- 20 Munich, Germany
- 21 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 22 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 23 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 24 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 25 Italy + Greece + Croatia