we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 2 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 8 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 9 "Never Mind"
- 10 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 11 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 12 Italian car factory tours
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 16 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 17 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 18 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 19 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 20 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 21 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 22 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 23 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 24 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 25 Via del Sale, Italy