we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 2 Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen
- 3 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 4 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Cars in France
- 6 Gtg during Christmastime?
- 7 Rome
- 8 2 weeks in Europe in April
- 9 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 10 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 11 Bucket list trip to Ireland - need so much help!
- 12 Car and Driver to Tour the Baltics?
- 13 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 14 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 15 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 16 21 day France trip booked w lodging. Now what do I need to focus on?
- 17 Can I buy "plus size" clothes in France?
- 18 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 19 Rhodes love it or hate it?
- 20 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 21 Velib: Paris' bike-sharing program
- 22 Paris GTG - October 21
- 23 Holding bags in Paris
- 24 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 25 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary