we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Week in Spain
- 2 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 3 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 4 Now for the Venice hotel
- 5 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 6 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 7 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 8 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 9 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 10 week in scotland
- 11 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 12 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 13 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 14 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 15 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 16 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 17 Rocamaxour
- 18 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 19 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 20 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 21 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 24 venice, italy
- 25 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days