we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 2 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 3 Where to stay in London
- 4 Spain. malaga to granada
- 5 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 6 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 7 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 8 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 9 scotland trave;
- 10 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 11 Trip to Italy
- 12 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 13 London Food Tour
- 14 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 15 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 16 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 17 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 18 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 19 Freising or Erding?
- 20 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 21 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 22 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 23 Schladming, Austria
- 24 Family trip to France with kids
- 25 Positano to Amalfi in April