we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 2 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 3 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 4 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 5 Pisa or Siena?
- 6 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 7 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 8 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 11 Interested In Coach Passes
- 12 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 13 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 14 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 15 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 16 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 17 Germany with friends who have never been there
- 18 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 19 Avignon to London?
- 20 Amsterdam: Recommendations on places to visit and eat
- 21 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 22 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 23 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 24 taxi line at FCO airport
- 25 Barcelona itinerary- please help