we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Wales by public transport
- 2 Help with itinerary
- 3 Naples or Genoa
- 4 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 5 Greece in 15 Days
- 6 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 7 Banks Mansion
- 8 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 9 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 10 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 11 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 12 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 13 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 14 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 15 20 free days of Europe
- 16 Bring Europe to My Kitchen. Please.
- 17 BNL machines in Italy
- 18 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 19 Planning Advice!
- 20 BNL ATMs
- 21 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 22 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 23 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 24 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 25 Portland, Maine GTG