we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 2 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 3 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 4 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 5 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 6 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 7 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 8 Ballet Bolshoi
- 9 munich - day trips
- 10 I'm back.....
- 11 FAQs
- 12 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 13 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 14 Charles Degaulle question
- 15 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 16 Naples to Pompeii
- 17 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 18 Ireland in November
- 19 To europe this Aug
- 20 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 21 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 22 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 23 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 24 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 25 Edinburgh in March