we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A plea ... help me salvage (current) trip
- 2 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 3 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 4 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 5 Strasbourg or Montpellier?
- 6 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 7 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 8 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 9 HELp with Milan /N Italy itinerary
- 10 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 11 Is Chateau Latour in Medoc only for buyers?
- 12 Final Itinerary help
- 13 Finalizing Itinerary
- 14 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 15 vegetarian friendly and kids friendly restaurents in venice and rome
- 16 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 17 A road trip to Florence
- 18 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 19 Italy,Austria,Germany driving vacation
- 20 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 21 Day Trip from London
- 22 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 23 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 24 Cochem or Beilstein
- 25 Amsterdam Internet cafe to print boarding pass