we will be doing taking our convertible for a short tour through Austria, Italy and Switzerland next summer (July / August timeframe). First stops are clear. Now I stumbled across a documentary of the monestary of Einsiedeln. It looked interesting, so we thought about looping over to Switzerland from the Bolzano area where we will be staying the previous night. There we will have a long gourmet dinner, so in Switzerland we would be looking for a more down to earth place maybe. Something like a "Berggasthof" we nice food - could be even a Jausenplatte or something similar. For rooms, we would look for comfortable, with shower and toilet in the room. Alternatively to an old Gasthof with character, a castle, fortress or villa might be an alternative. Looking for something with charakter. we would be coming in most likely from Meran or potentially Brennero (prerfering option 1), so between Meran and Zürich, slight detours are no problem. Any ideas worth checking out?
Looking for cozy restaurant / hotel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 2 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 3 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 4 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 5 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 6 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday
- 7 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 10 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 11 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 14 Chip but no PIN
- 15 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 16 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 17 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 18 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 19 Stay near Paris
- 20 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 21 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 22 Oktoberfest reservations
- 23 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 24 Eurostar booking
- 25 Questions for my German friends