We are planning a three week trip to Italy this Fall. It's our first time to Italy and we are very excited. We are starting in Venice then going to Florence for a week from where we can visit Tuscany, Siena etc. Next stop will be the Cinque Terra for three nights. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome and 3 nights in the Amalfi Coast.
My question is where we should go for two nights between CT and Rome. I would like to make a stop in Lucca but this will only take up part of a day.
Any suggestions on the best area to take in and where we could stay for a couple of nights before we get to Rome would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 3 Cell Phone Question
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 Greek Islands (small)
- 9 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 10 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 11 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 14 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 15 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 16 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 17 Campervan in Croatia
- 18 advance tickets?
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 21 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 22 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 23 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
Looking for a weekend itinerary between Cinque Terra and Rome Italy.