We are planning a three week trip to Italy this Fall. It's our first time to Italy and we are very excited. We are starting in Venice then going to Florence for a week from where we can visit Tuscany, Siena etc. Next stop will be the Cinque Terra for three nights. We plan to spend 4 nights in Rome and 3 nights in the Amalfi Coast.
My question is where we should go for two nights between CT and Rome. I would like to make a stop in Lucca but this will only take up part of a day.
Any suggestions on the best area to take in and where we could stay for a couple of nights before we get to Rome would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 4 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 11 Bruges
- 12 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 15 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 16 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 17 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 18 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 A week in the Occitanie
- 22 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 25 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
Looking for a weekend itinerary between Cinque Terra and Rome Italy.