I have a short time (two nights) to spend at Lake Geneva and am wondering which city would be the better base: Vevey, Morges, or perhaps another town?
For context: I will be in Switzerland for a week but do not have a lot of flexibility in this trip. For the rest of the time, I will be in Basel and will be somewhat limited even in being able to do day trips from there. I want to see at least one other region of the country and have chosen Lake Geneva because I have always wanted to visit it. I have been to Switzerland before (Lucerne) but it was a long time ago.
For these nights at the lake, I am mainly looking to relax and see some beautiful scenery. I love longs walks but would like close access to restaurants and cafes. I dislike places that seem a bit touristy, which is why I am not inclined to stay in Montreax or someplace similar.
I will be there in either late March or early April and have found centrally located hotels in both Vevey and Morges that I would think would fit my price range and be fine. So I'm just wondering how these two towns compare in terms of atmosphere, lake views, and so on. The one excursion I want to do is to get some exterior photos of Chateau de Chillon, for which I guess Vevey would be better the choice. On the other hand, I feel a little more positive about the hotel in Morges.
So does anyone want to vote one way or the other? Thanks a lot for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Florence
- 2 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 3 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 4 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 5 First time in Bulgaria
- 6 Paris in September
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 May get together in Paris
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies