I have a short time (two nights) to spend at Lake Geneva and am wondering which city would be the better base: Vevey, Morges, or perhaps another town?
For context: I will be in Switzerland for a week but do not have a lot of flexibility in this trip. For the rest of the time, I will be in Basel and will be somewhat limited even in being able to do day trips from there. I want to see at least one other region of the country and have chosen Lake Geneva because I have always wanted to visit it. I have been to Switzerland before (Lucerne) but it was a long time ago.
For these nights at the lake, I am mainly looking to relax and see some beautiful scenery. I love longs walks but would like close access to restaurants and cafes. I dislike places that seem a bit touristy, which is why I am not inclined to stay in Montreax or someplace similar.
I will be there in either late March or early April and have found centrally located hotels in both Vevey and Morges that I would think would fit my price range and be fine. So I'm just wondering how these two towns compare in terms of atmosphere, lake views, and so on. The one excursion I want to do is to get some exterior photos of Chateau de Chillon, for which I guess Vevey would be better the choice. On the other hand, I feel a little more positive about the hotel in Morges.
So does anyone want to vote one way or the other? Thanks a lot for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 2 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 3 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 4 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 6 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 9 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 10 3 nights in Madrid
- 11 Help with Ireland Trip
- 12 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 13 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 16 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 17 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 18 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 19 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 20 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 21 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 24 Iceland trip report!
- 25 Swimming in Lake Bled?