I have a short time (two nights) to spend at Lake Geneva and am wondering which city would be the better base: Vevey, Morges, or perhaps another town?
For context: I will be in Switzerland for a week but do not have a lot of flexibility in this trip. For the rest of the time, I will be in Basel and will be somewhat limited even in being able to do day trips from there. I want to see at least one other region of the country and have chosen Lake Geneva because I have always wanted to visit it. I have been to Switzerland before (Lucerne) but it was a long time ago.
For these nights at the lake, I am mainly looking to relax and see some beautiful scenery. I love longs walks but would like close access to restaurants and cafes. I dislike places that seem a bit touristy, which is why I am not inclined to stay in Montreax or someplace similar.
I will be there in either late March or early April and have found centrally located hotels in both Vevey and Morges that I would think would fit my price range and be fine. So I'm just wondering how these two towns compare in terms of atmosphere, lake views, and so on. The one excursion I want to do is to get some exterior photos of Chateau de Chillon, for which I guess Vevey would be better the choice. On the other hand, I feel a little more positive about the hotel in Morges.
So does anyone want to vote one way or the other? Thanks a lot for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 라이브토토＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼카지노추천▩안전공원
- 2 온라인바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■아시안바카라ぴ아시안바카라
- 3 동남아바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노ス온라인카지노
- 4 실전바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노추천ネ온라인카지노추천
- 5 삼성바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노주소ゅ온라인카지노주소
- 6 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 7 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 8 Murren to Prague
- 9 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 10 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 11 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 12 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 13 Sintra
- 14 Venice Bell Tower
- 15 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 16 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 17 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 18 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 19 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 22 Kayaking in Avignon
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 25 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge