My fiancée and I are going to Italy next summer for 7-9 days, and we hope you guys can help us decide where to go. We know for sure that we are flying in and out of Rome, so we should try to find a place that's less than 3-4 hours away (by bus,car or trian). We're also looking for a relaxing and romantic holiday, so we probably won't even be visiting Rome itself this time around. We really have no idea where we should go as there are so many choices!
We'd mostly like to stay near the sea or a lake, but we're also thinking about renting a car for a night or two to visit one of the villages inland as well. We like the idea of staying in places that aren't overcrowded with tourists, yet some choice of restaurants and cafés would be good.
I hope you have some recommendations for us to get us started with our planning!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 2 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 4 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 5 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 6 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 7 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 8 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 9 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 10 WWI Battlefields
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 13 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 14 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 17 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 18 Reaching the Lake District
- 19 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 20 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 21 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 22 My special places in Europe
- 23 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 24 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 25 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
Looking for a relaxing holiday in central/southern Italy next summer