My fiancée and I are going to Italy next summer for 7-9 days, and we hope you guys can help us decide where to go. We know for sure that we are flying in and out of Rome, so we should try to find a place that's less than 3-4 hours away (by bus,car or trian). We're also looking for a relaxing and romantic holiday, so we probably won't even be visiting Rome itself this time around. We really have no idea where we should go as there are so many choices!
We'd mostly like to stay near the sea or a lake, but we're also thinking about renting a car for a night or two to visit one of the villages inland as well. We like the idea of staying in places that aren't overcrowded with tourists, yet some choice of restaurants and cafés would be good.
I hope you have some recommendations for us to get us started with our planning!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 2 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 3 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 4 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 5 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 YIKES!
- 8 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 9 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 10 Final Four
- 11 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 12 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 13 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 14 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 15 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 16 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 17 Cash machines ATM
- 18 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 19 Turin, Bologna or Genoa
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 22 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 23 Getting around Lisbon
- 24 May get together in Paris
- 25 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
Looking for a relaxing holiday in central/southern Italy next summer