My fiancée and I are going to Italy next summer for 7-9 days, and we hope you guys can help us decide where to go. We know for sure that we are flying in and out of Rome, so we should try to find a place that's less than 3-4 hours away (by bus,car or trian). We're also looking for a relaxing and romantic holiday, so we probably won't even be visiting Rome itself this time around. We really have no idea where we should go as there are so many choices!
We'd mostly like to stay near the sea or a lake, but we're also thinking about renting a car for a night or two to visit one of the villages inland as well. We like the idea of staying in places that aren't overcrowded with tourists, yet some choice of restaurants and cafés would be good.
I hope you have some recommendations for us to get us started with our planning!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 2 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 3 Help with Ireland Trip
- 4 3 nights in Madrid
- 5 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 6 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 7 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 8 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 9 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 10 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 12 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 13 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 14 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 15 Cappadocia in June
- 16 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 17 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 18 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 19 Ibiiza Spain
- 20 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 21 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 22 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 23 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
Looking for a relaxing holiday in central/southern Italy next summer