DH and I have a week in Italy at the end of our summer trip to Europe. We will be arriving in Pisa in the late afternoon in early August. We intend to spend the night and pick up our rental car the next day. We are looking for some suggestions for a central spot where we can book a room for 5 nights and use it as a hub for day trips. Three years ago we stayed near Montalcino and did day trips from there as suggested by one of the trip reports we read on Fodors. We have been to the Abbey at Sant'Antimo, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Siena, and Pienza. We have also visited Florence on another trip. Our interests include history and we enjoy strolling around the hill towns. Can anyone suggest another place that would provide us with the opportunity to do the same type of exploring? We are also interested in suggestions for accommodations, parking for the rental car should be included.
Looking for a Hub for our Tuscany Wheel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 2 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 3 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 4 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 5 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 6 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 7 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 8 3 weeks in Europe
- 9 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 10 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 11 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 12 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 13 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 14 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 15 Daytrip From istanbul: IZNIK (NICEA)
- 16 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 17 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 18 Ireland Southwest
- 19 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 20 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 21 Car Rental in Iceland
- 22 London neighborhood suggestions
- 23 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria