DH and I have a week in Italy at the end of our summer trip to Europe. We will be arriving in Pisa in the late afternoon in early August. We intend to spend the night and pick up our rental car the next day. We are looking for some suggestions for a central spot where we can book a room for 5 nights and use it as a hub for day trips. Three years ago we stayed near Montalcino and did day trips from there as suggested by one of the trip reports we read on Fodors. We have been to the Abbey at Sant'Antimo, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Siena, and Pienza. We have also visited Florence on another trip. Our interests include history and we enjoy strolling around the hill towns. Can anyone suggest another place that would provide us with the opportunity to do the same type of exploring? We are also interested in suggestions for accommodations, parking for the rental car should be included.
Looking for a Hub for our Tuscany Wheel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now for the Venice hotel
- 2 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 3 To Prague or not to Prague
- 4 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 5 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 6 Day Trips from Paris
- 7 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 8 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 9 Greece after the Vote
- 10 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 11 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 12 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 13 South of Switzerland
- 14 A Week in Spain
- 15 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 16 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 17 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 18 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 19 Rocamaxour
- 20 Home Base in Belgium
- 21 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 22 London Pass
- 23 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 24 Potential trip - Balkans
- 25 Should I buy Euro's now?