DH and I have a week in Italy at the end of our summer trip to Europe. We will be arriving in Pisa in the late afternoon in early August. We intend to spend the night and pick up our rental car the next day. We are looking for some suggestions for a central spot where we can book a room for 5 nights and use it as a hub for day trips. Three years ago we stayed near Montalcino and did day trips from there as suggested by one of the trip reports we read on Fodors. We have been to the Abbey at Sant'Antimo, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Siena, and Pienza. We have also visited Florence on another trip. Our interests include history and we enjoy strolling around the hill towns. Can anyone suggest another place that would provide us with the opportunity to do the same type of exploring? We are also interested in suggestions for accommodations, parking for the rental car should be included.
Looking for a Hub for our Tuscany Wheel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 2 First real time in France- 10 nights
- 3 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 4 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 5 Day on the Rhine
- 6 Travel throught Europe
- 7 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 8 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 9 London for 18th bday
- 10 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 11 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 12 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 13 Spa in Scotland
- 14 Car Rentals in Athens
- 15 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 16 Greece for a month with a baby
- 17 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 18 Transportation in Paris
- 19 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 20 Exploring W, S and SE with minimal backtracking
- 21 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 22 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 23 Cooking Holidays Valencia
- 24 1 Week in Barcelona, Valencia - what else?
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report