DH and I have a week in Italy at the end of our summer trip to Europe. We will be arriving in Pisa in the late afternoon in early August. We intend to spend the night and pick up our rental car the next day. We are looking for some suggestions for a central spot where we can book a room for 5 nights and use it as a hub for day trips. Three years ago we stayed near Montalcino and did day trips from there as suggested by one of the trip reports we read on Fodors. We have been to the Abbey at Sant'Antimo, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Siena, and Pienza. We have also visited Florence on another trip. Our interests include history and we enjoy strolling around the hill towns. Can anyone suggest another place that would provide us with the opportunity to do the same type of exploring? We are also interested in suggestions for accommodations, parking for the rental car should be included.
Looking for a Hub for our Tuscany Wheel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 2 Cotswold Churches
- 3 I dream of Europe
- 4 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 5 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 6 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 7 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 8 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 9 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 10 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 11 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 12 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 13 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 14 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 15 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 16 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 17 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 18 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 19 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 20 Ireland or Scotland
- 21 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 22 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 23 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 24 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two