DH and I have a week in Italy at the end of our summer trip to Europe. We will be arriving in Pisa in the late afternoon in early August. We intend to spend the night and pick up our rental car the next day. We are looking for some suggestions for a central spot where we can book a room for 5 nights and use it as a hub for day trips. Three years ago we stayed near Montalcino and did day trips from there as suggested by one of the trip reports we read on Fodors. We have been to the Abbey at Sant'Antimo, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Siena, and Pienza. We have also visited Florence on another trip. Our interests include history and we enjoy strolling around the hill towns. Can anyone suggest another place that would provide us with the opportunity to do the same type of exploring? We are also interested in suggestions for accommodations, parking for the rental car should be included.
Looking for a Hub for our Tuscany Wheel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 4 21 Days in Central Europe
- 5 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 6 London visit
- 7 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 8 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 9 My itinerary for Greece
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 12 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 13 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 14 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 15 London 2nd time around
- 16 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 17 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 18 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 19 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 20 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 21 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 22 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 23 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 24 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 25 Budget for 3 Month's