DH and I have a week in Italy at the end of our summer trip to Europe. We will be arriving in Pisa in the late afternoon in early August. We intend to spend the night and pick up our rental car the next day. We are looking for some suggestions for a central spot where we can book a room for 5 nights and use it as a hub for day trips. Three years ago we stayed near Montalcino and did day trips from there as suggested by one of the trip reports we read on Fodors. We have been to the Abbey at Sant'Antimo, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Siena, and Pienza. We have also visited Florence on another trip. Our interests include history and we enjoy strolling around the hill towns. Can anyone suggest another place that would provide us with the opportunity to do the same type of exploring? We are also interested in suggestions for accommodations, parking for the rental car should be included.
Looking for a Hub for our Tuscany Wheel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy things to do?
- 2 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 3 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 4 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 6 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 9 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 10 Getting cash in Spain
- 11 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 12 I went to Paris in June
- 13 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 14 Help with itinerary Bulgaria and Romania
- 15 stop in lisboa or not
- 16 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 17 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 18 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 19 Paris Metro Closures??
- 20 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 21 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 22 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 23 a hostel in Moscow, Russia
- 24 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 25 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids