I'm looking for ideas for a long weekend within a 3 hour flight from London and am hoping you can help
Its the 1st May Bank holiday and I can take another day on either side if needed.
I'd like to go to a small-ish town or village with nicer-than-england weather -- so south of here. Ideally with a bit of walking and something to see or do. No driving (haven't driven in years and years), but getting a taxi or a bus or a train is fine.
If Hay-onWye was in Spain instead of Wales, I'd pick it (and may even move there ) -- good food, pretty town, book shops instead of sight seeing, a couple artsy studios, lovely location by the river, gorgeous walking in the brecon beacons, can go kayaking or horse riding on a whim -- in other words perfect (except for the weather)!
I've never been to Mallorca -- so somewhere there might be an option? Or maybe Malaga? Or maybe somewhere in Switzerland? I've been to Italy but not the lakes...
I'm a bit lost and need to book flights and accommodation soon-ish, so I'd appreciate any inspiration. What are some of your cherished small towns/villages that are easy to get to and offers a bit to do and a bit of relaxation too?
Long weekend from London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 2 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 5 Eurostar London to Avignon Thru Trains Start June 28!
- 6 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 7 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 8 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 11 italy
- 12 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 13 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 14 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 15 What still confounds you about travel?
- 16 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 17 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 18 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 19 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 20 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 21 Chip but no PIN
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 25 Eatwith - dine with locals