I'm looking for ideas for a long weekend within a 3 hour flight from London and am hoping you can help
Its the 1st May Bank holiday and I can take another day on either side if needed.
I'd like to go to a small-ish town or village with nicer-than-england weather -- so south of here. Ideally with a bit of walking and something to see or do. No driving (haven't driven in years and years), but getting a taxi or a bus or a train is fine.
If Hay-onWye was in Spain instead of Wales, I'd pick it (and may even move there ) -- good food, pretty town, book shops instead of sight seeing, a couple artsy studios, lovely location by the river, gorgeous walking in the brecon beacons, can go kayaking or horse riding on a whim -- in other words perfect (except for the weather)!
I've never been to Mallorca -- so somewhere there might be an option? Or maybe Malaga? Or maybe somewhere in Switzerland? I've been to Italy but not the lakes...
I'm a bit lost and need to book flights and accommodation soon-ish, so I'd appreciate any inspiration. What are some of your cherished small towns/villages that are easy to get to and offers a bit to do and a bit of relaxation too?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland in December
- 2 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 3 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 6 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 7 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 8 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 9 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 12 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 13 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 16 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 17 10 days in London in early December
- 18 Iceland
- 19 Greece
- 20 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 21 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 22 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?