I'm looking for ideas for a long weekend within a 3 hour flight from London and am hoping you can help
Its the 1st May Bank holiday and I can take another day on either side if needed.
I'd like to go to a small-ish town or village with nicer-than-england weather -- so south of here. Ideally with a bit of walking and something to see or do. No driving (haven't driven in years and years), but getting a taxi or a bus or a train is fine.
If Hay-onWye was in Spain instead of Wales, I'd pick it (and may even move there ) -- good food, pretty town, book shops instead of sight seeing, a couple artsy studios, lovely location by the river, gorgeous walking in the brecon beacons, can go kayaking or horse riding on a whim -- in other words perfect (except for the weather)!
I've never been to Mallorca -- so somewhere there might be an option? Or maybe Malaga? Or maybe somewhere in Switzerland? I've been to Italy but not the lakes...
I'm a bit lost and need to book flights and accommodation soon-ish, so I'd appreciate any inspiration. What are some of your cherished small towns/villages that are easy to get to and offers a bit to do and a bit of relaxation too?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trans-Siberia Train
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 Excess insurance
- 4 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 5 London: Battle of the badges
- 6 Need Ideas for hiking in Europe
- 7 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 8 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 9 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 10 Need help in travel planning
- 11 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 12 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 13 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 14 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 15 RHK's Fall escape
- 16 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 17 Croatia in 7 days
- 18 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 19 Loire Valley itinerary
- 20 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 21 Europe Itinerary
- 22 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 23 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 24 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 25 Germany train/bus question