I'm looking for ideas for a long weekend within a 3 hour flight from London and am hoping you can help
Its the 1st May Bank holiday and I can take another day on either side if needed.
I'd like to go to a small-ish town or village with nicer-than-england weather -- so south of here. Ideally with a bit of walking and something to see or do. No driving (haven't driven in years and years), but getting a taxi or a bus or a train is fine.
If Hay-onWye was in Spain instead of Wales, I'd pick it (and may even move there ) -- good food, pretty town, book shops instead of sight seeing, a couple artsy studios, lovely location by the river, gorgeous walking in the brecon beacons, can go kayaking or horse riding on a whim -- in other words perfect (except for the weather)!
I've never been to Mallorca -- so somewhere there might be an option? Or maybe Malaga? Or maybe somewhere in Switzerland? I've been to Italy but not the lakes...
I'm a bit lost and need to book flights and accommodation soon-ish, so I'd appreciate any inspiration. What are some of your cherished small towns/villages that are easy to get to and offers a bit to do and a bit of relaxation too?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 2 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 3 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 4 Vacation
- 5 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 6 Rouen Tour Companies
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Praiano hotel question
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 15 Italy bus or train
- 16 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 17 Ireland itinerary help please
- 18 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 21 Rome-Itinerary
- 22 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 25 Sabbatical in Tuscany