I'm looking for ideas for a long weekend within a 3 hour flight from London and am hoping you can help
Its the 1st May Bank holiday and I can take another day on either side if needed.
I'd like to go to a small-ish town or village with nicer-than-england weather -- so south of here. Ideally with a bit of walking and something to see or do. No driving (haven't driven in years and years), but getting a taxi or a bus or a train is fine.
If Hay-onWye was in Spain instead of Wales, I'd pick it (and may even move there ) -- good food, pretty town, book shops instead of sight seeing, a couple artsy studios, lovely location by the river, gorgeous walking in the brecon beacons, can go kayaking or horse riding on a whim -- in other words perfect (except for the weather)!
I've never been to Mallorca -- so somewhere there might be an option? Or maybe Malaga? Or maybe somewhere in Switzerland? I've been to Italy but not the lakes...
I'm a bit lost and need to book flights and accommodation soon-ish, so I'd appreciate any inspiration. What are some of your cherished small towns/villages that are easy to get to and offers a bit to do and a bit of relaxation too?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 2 when you consider that it swivels
- 3 Train from Rome to Naples
- 4 How to reduce weight
- 5 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 6 Transportation from Heathrow Airport to Central London
- 7 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 8 Plan Italy trip
- 9 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 10 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 11 http://glycematefacts.com/zetaclear/
- 12 Prague-Vienna-Salzburg-Lech-Munich
- 13 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 14 Spain to Morocco
- 15 Sardinia, Italy
- 16 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 17 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 18 3 days in Beaune / Dijon...any tips/recos?
- 19 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 20 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 21 Lisbon to Porto by train
- 22 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 23 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 24 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 25 Sample itinerary Germany in March