I'm looking for ideas for a long weekend within a 3 hour flight from London and am hoping you can help
Its the 1st May Bank holiday and I can take another day on either side if needed.
I'd like to go to a small-ish town or village with nicer-than-england weather -- so south of here. Ideally with a bit of walking and something to see or do. No driving (haven't driven in years and years), but getting a taxi or a bus or a train is fine.
If Hay-onWye was in Spain instead of Wales, I'd pick it (and may even move there ) -- good food, pretty town, book shops instead of sight seeing, a couple artsy studios, lovely location by the river, gorgeous walking in the brecon beacons, can go kayaking or horse riding on a whim -- in other words perfect (except for the weather)!
I've never been to Mallorca -- so somewhere there might be an option? Or maybe Malaga? Or maybe somewhere in Switzerland? I've been to Italy but not the lakes...
I'm a bit lost and need to book flights and accommodation soon-ish, so I'd appreciate any inspiration. What are some of your cherished small towns/villages that are easy to get to and offers a bit to do and a bit of relaxation too?
Long weekend from London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland/London Itinerary Help
- 2 Madrid Bajaras to Salamanca
- 3 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 4 3 kids to italy
- 5 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 6 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 7 Rail tickets
- 8 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 9 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 10 6 day Switzerland itinerary with 7 and 4 yr olds
- 11 Buying Advance Tickets for Spain/Italy
- 12 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 13 Local Tour in Provence?
- 14 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 15 Advice needed/Carcasonne to Dordogne
- 16 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 17 Best "2-star" hotels in Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Dresden
- 18 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 19 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 21 Luxury accommodation in historic center of Rome? Where would you stay?
- 22 B&B recommendations in Cotswolds or Chartwell area
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 25 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol