I'm looking for ideas for a long weekend within a 3 hour flight from London and am hoping you can help
Its the 1st May Bank holiday and I can take another day on either side if needed.
I'd like to go to a small-ish town or village with nicer-than-england weather -- so south of here. Ideally with a bit of walking and something to see or do. No driving (haven't driven in years and years), but getting a taxi or a bus or a train is fine.
If Hay-onWye was in Spain instead of Wales, I'd pick it (and may even move there ) -- good food, pretty town, book shops instead of sight seeing, a couple artsy studios, lovely location by the river, gorgeous walking in the brecon beacons, can go kayaking or horse riding on a whim -- in other words perfect (except for the weather)!
I've never been to Mallorca -- so somewhere there might be an option? Or maybe Malaga? Or maybe somewhere in Switzerland? I've been to Italy but not the lakes...
I'm a bit lost and need to book flights and accommodation soon-ish, so I'd appreciate any inspiration. What are some of your cherished small towns/villages that are easy to get to and offers a bit to do and a bit of relaxation too?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 2 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 3 An afternoon in Geiranger
- 4 What clothes?
- 5 US to Toulouse, connecting through Gatwick - how much connection time?
- 6 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 7 tipping
- 8 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help
- 9 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 10 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 11 How many nights in Lucerne, how many in Lauterbrunnen?
- 12 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 13 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 14 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 15 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 16 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 17 Advice about Naples?
- 18 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 19 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 20 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 21 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 22 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 23 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 24 Oslo airport to hotel
- 25 Paris and Lyon