I'm looking for ideas for a long weekend within a 3 hour flight from London and am hoping you can help
Its the 1st May Bank holiday and I can take another day on either side if needed.
I'd like to go to a small-ish town or village with nicer-than-england weather -- so south of here. Ideally with a bit of walking and something to see or do. No driving (haven't driven in years and years), but getting a taxi or a bus or a train is fine.
If Hay-onWye was in Spain instead of Wales, I'd pick it (and may even move there ) -- good food, pretty town, book shops instead of sight seeing, a couple artsy studios, lovely location by the river, gorgeous walking in the brecon beacons, can go kayaking or horse riding on a whim -- in other words perfect (except for the weather)!
I've never been to Mallorca -- so somewhere there might be an option? Or maybe Malaga? Or maybe somewhere in Switzerland? I've been to Italy but not the lakes...
I'm a bit lost and need to book flights and accommodation soon-ish, so I'd appreciate any inspiration. What are some of your cherished small towns/villages that are easy to get to and offers a bit to do and a bit of relaxation too?
Long weekend from London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 2 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 3 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 4 Question on France travel
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 7 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 8 Autumn in Paris
- 9 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 10 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 11 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 12 Ireland or Scotland
- 13 Italy and Croatia
- 14 St Germain
- 15 Where to go in France mid July?
- 16 trip to norway
- 17 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 18 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 19 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 20 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 21 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 22 Cruise the River Shannon
- 23 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 24 Food tours in Rome?
- 25 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary