My husband and I are in the early stages of planning a trip. London and Glasgow are definitely on the agenda and we’d like to include Paris as well. We have two weeks (including travel days) for this vacation, we’re coming from Los Angeles and we want to use American miles for the flights. It seems to me that including Paris in the itinerary means at least a day of backtracking since we have to go through London to get to and from Glasgow in any event. A London/Paris open jaw ticket, taking the Chunnel from one city to the other, helps a little but doesn’t eliminate the London/Glasgow loop. For efficiency’s sake, I’m leaning toward dropping Paris from the itinerary but I’d appreciate feedback from folks who have done (or decided not to do) a London/Glasgow/Paris itinerary. I love, love, love Paris so I’m holding out hope that my worries about the logistics of a Paris leg of the trip are overblown. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Sicily
- 2 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 3 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 4 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 5 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 Trains in Europe
- 8 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 9 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 10 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 11 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 12 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 13 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 14 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 15 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 16 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 19 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 20 Raining in rome
- 21 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 22 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 23 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 24 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 25 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum