My husband and I are in the early stages of planning a trip. London and Glasgow are definitely on the agenda and we’d like to include Paris as well. We have two weeks (including travel days) for this vacation, we’re coming from Los Angeles and we want to use American miles for the flights. It seems to me that including Paris in the itinerary means at least a day of backtracking since we have to go through London to get to and from Glasgow in any event. A London/Paris open jaw ticket, taking the Chunnel from one city to the other, helps a little but doesn’t eliminate the London/Glasgow loop. For efficiency’s sake, I’m leaning toward dropping Paris from the itinerary but I’d appreciate feedback from folks who have done (or decided not to do) a London/Glasgow/Paris itinerary. I love, love, love Paris so I’m holding out hope that my worries about the logistics of a Paris leg of the trip are overblown. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 2 Five nights in Extremadura
- 3 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 4 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 5 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 9 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 10 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 11 trip to norway
- 12 Is Venice really dirty?
- 13 Where to go in France mid July?
- 14 Help with England/Wales tour
- 15 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 19 Best beach town in Italy?
- 20 Cotswold Churches
- 21 A Greek sojourn
- 22 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 23 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 24 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 25 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report