My family (husband, son/age 14, daughter/age 13) and I will be taking a trip to London over Xmas break. We arrive early morning on the 27th from NYC and depart on the morning of the 3rd. We've rented an apartment in Knightsbridge through London Connection. Any feedback/critiques on the below itinerary (grouped by location) would be much appreciated.
Arrival Day: Check in and settle into apt. Grocery shop for the week. Visit one museum - either Victoria and Albert or Science Museum since they are walking distance to try to get acclimated to time zone. Maybe walk around Kensington Gardens area. Anything to resist the urge to lie down and take a nap!
Day 1: Tower of London / London Bridge / Spitafields Market / Dennis Severs House (realize this may be off the beaten path but daughter is reading new book by Brian Selznick which was inspired by this house so this is on her list).
Day 2: Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Churchill War Rooms, Buckingham Palace (realize it's not open so would be for photo op)
Day 3: Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour
Day 4: Windsor Castle
Day 5: British Museum. Depending if we've gotten our fill of museums at this point, we may visit the National Gallery and/or Wallace Collection.
Day 6: TBD
Peppered into our days will be light shopping (probably souvenirs), window shopping/browsing if a store strikes our fancy, although my daughter and I may do Harrods, Selfridges or Liberty without the men in tow one afternoon.
We also plan to fit in:
- Tea at Fortnum and Mason
- See a play one night (either War Horse or Lion King)
Our Interests: Husband and I enjoy architecture/graphic design/decorative arts. Son likes military history (especially WW ll). Daughter loves dolls, arts and crafts (if anyone has recommendations for stationery/paper stores, please share).
Other places under consideration but not on the list are: Tate Modern, Imperial War Museum (seeing Churchill War Rooms may be enough); Borough Market, Leadenhall Market (for the Harry Potter fan in my kids).
Next planning phase is to figure out where to eat that ties into the neighborhoods we will be in. We will have breakfast in the apt before heading out and plan on lunches and dinners out. We are fairly adventurous eaters so suggestions are welcome.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 가락오피 아찔한 달리기 가락건마 www.adal.ml 가락휴게텔 가락마사지 가락키스방
- 2 Santorini lodging
- 3 신천휴게텔 신천오피 아찔한달리기 www.adal.ml 신천건마 신천마사지 신천키스방
- 4 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 5 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 6 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 7 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 8 May get together in Paris
- 9 Nafplio to Hydra
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 12 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 info Faro & Algarve
- 15 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 16 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 17 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 18 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 19 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 20 Italian lakes
- 21 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 22 Spain and South of France
- 23 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 24 renting car with automatic transmission
- 25 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique