My brother and I are planning a last minute trip to Europe during the first 2 weeks of December.
We do not really have a plan, and are throwing caution to the wind.
We would like to Snowboard, in either Austria or Switzerland, and check out Amsterdam.
Germany also sounds brilliant, and London sounds like the cheapest place to fly to...
Being from Africa, we are quite naive about the places we want to explore, and would appreciate any advice or suggestions from fellow travellers.
Our main concerns are:
Is it worth snowboarding in at the beginning of December?
Is this very expensive?
Is Austria or Switzerland cheaper and more accessible?
Is it cheaper to travel by train or plane between the different countries?
Current plan is to land in London and then make our way to either Germany, Austria or Switzerland, and end in Amsterdam.
Any info would be amazeballs.
All the best from South Africa.
On that note, any one who wants advice on travelling in SA, just message me, plenty of advice and info!
London, Vienna, Berlin, Munich, Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days in Malta - Itinerary Suggestions
- 2 Assistance with first trip to Europe
- 3 Summer weather in Bordeaux, SW France?
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 6 Place to watch El Clasico weekend of March 22-23 in Madrid
- 7 Credit cards with chips
- 8 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 9 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 10 Hot Chocolate in Paris
- 11 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 12 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 13 amsterdam hotels
- 14 Day Trips
- 15 Pix from Northern Ireland & Donegal
- 16 Car insurance in Europe...
- 17 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 18 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 19 Street food in Turkey
- 20 Day trip on the Rhine
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 How to get to Gare Du Nord Station
- 23 Free public transportation on 14-15-16 March in Paris & Wallonia
- 24 cruises and itineraries in the Mediterranean
- 25 Lisbon Advice