My brother and I are planning a last minute trip to Europe during the first 2 weeks of December.
We do not really have a plan, and are throwing caution to the wind.
We would like to Snowboard, in either Austria or Switzerland, and check out Amsterdam.
Germany also sounds brilliant, and London sounds like the cheapest place to fly to...
Being from Africa, we are quite naive about the places we want to explore, and would appreciate any advice or suggestions from fellow travellers.
Our main concerns are:
Is it worth snowboarding in at the beginning of December?
Is this very expensive?
Is Austria or Switzerland cheaper and more accessible?
Is it cheaper to travel by train or plane between the different countries?
Current plan is to land in London and then make our way to either Germany, Austria or Switzerland, and end in Amsterdam.
Any info would be amazeballs.
All the best from South Africa.
On that note, any one who wants advice on travelling in SA, just message me, plenty of advice and info!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 2 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 3 Dog friendly hotels
- 4 Vacation
- 5 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 6 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 Cambridge in May
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Self drive tour companies
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 Madrid/Lisbon
- 15 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 18 Day trips around Vienna
- 19 Greek fuel cost
- 20 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 21 Killarney
- 22 Walking itinerary in England?
- 23 First time in Bulgaria
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?