My brother and I are planning a last minute trip to Europe during the first 2 weeks of December.
We do not really have a plan, and are throwing caution to the wind.
We would like to Snowboard, in either Austria or Switzerland, and check out Amsterdam.
Germany also sounds brilliant, and London sounds like the cheapest place to fly to...
Being from Africa, we are quite naive about the places we want to explore, and would appreciate any advice or suggestions from fellow travellers.
Our main concerns are:
Is it worth snowboarding in at the beginning of December?
Is this very expensive?
Is Austria or Switzerland cheaper and more accessible?
Is it cheaper to travel by train or plane between the different countries?
Current plan is to land in London and then make our way to either Germany, Austria or Switzerland, and end in Amsterdam.
Any info would be amazeballs.
All the best from South Africa.
On that note, any one who wants advice on travelling in SA, just message me, plenty of advice and info!
London, Vienna, Berlin, Munich, Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 2 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 3 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 4 Italy dolomites
- 5 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 6 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 7 Scuol, Switzerland
- 8 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 12 5 Observations About Paris
- 13 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 14 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 15 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 16 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 17 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 18 Switzerland help...?
- 19 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 20 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 21 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Sicily in a winter
- 24 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 25 A month in Europe - how does this sound?