My brother and I are planning a last minute trip to Europe during the first 2 weeks of December.
We do not really have a plan, and are throwing caution to the wind.
We would like to Snowboard, in either Austria or Switzerland, and check out Amsterdam.
Germany also sounds brilliant, and London sounds like the cheapest place to fly to...
Being from Africa, we are quite naive about the places we want to explore, and would appreciate any advice or suggestions from fellow travellers.
Our main concerns are:
Is it worth snowboarding in at the beginning of December?
Is this very expensive?
Is Austria or Switzerland cheaper and more accessible?
Is it cheaper to travel by train or plane between the different countries?
Current plan is to land in London and then make our way to either Germany, Austria or Switzerland, and end in Amsterdam.
Any info would be amazeballs.
All the best from South Africa.
On that note, any one who wants advice on travelling in SA, just message me, plenty of advice and info!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber vs. TfL
- 2 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 3 Whathello Paris
- 4 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 5 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 6 Bordeaux to Nice
- 7 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 8 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Transport for local Venice travel
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Christmas in Italy
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 Alitala
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna