My brother and I are planning a last minute trip to Europe during the first 2 weeks of December.
We do not really have a plan, and are throwing caution to the wind.
We would like to Snowboard, in either Austria or Switzerland, and check out Amsterdam.
Germany also sounds brilliant, and London sounds like the cheapest place to fly to...
Being from Africa, we are quite naive about the places we want to explore, and would appreciate any advice or suggestions from fellow travellers.
Our main concerns are:
Is it worth snowboarding in at the beginning of December?
Is this very expensive?
Is Austria or Switzerland cheaper and more accessible?
Is it cheaper to travel by train or plane between the different countries?
Current plan is to land in London and then make our way to either Germany, Austria or Switzerland, and end in Amsterdam.
Any info would be amazeballs.
All the best from South Africa.
On that note, any one who wants advice on travelling in SA, just message me, plenty of advice and info!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 2 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 3 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 4 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 5 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 6 Travel vs. Babies
- 7 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 8 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 9 European Cooking Secrets
- 10 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 11 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 12 Basque country ideas
- 13 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 14 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 First trip to Italy
- 17 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 18 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 19 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 20 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 21 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 22 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 23 20 Days in Europe
- 24 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 25 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.