My brother and I are planning a last minute trip to Europe during the first 2 weeks of December.
We do not really have a plan, and are throwing caution to the wind.
We would like to Snowboard, in either Austria or Switzerland, and check out Amsterdam.
Germany also sounds brilliant, and London sounds like the cheapest place to fly to...
Being from Africa, we are quite naive about the places we want to explore, and would appreciate any advice or suggestions from fellow travellers.
Our main concerns are:
Is it worth snowboarding in at the beginning of December?
Is this very expensive?
Is Austria or Switzerland cheaper and more accessible?
Is it cheaper to travel by train or plane between the different countries?
Current plan is to land in London and then make our way to either Germany, Austria or Switzerland, and end in Amsterdam.
Any info would be amazeballs.
All the best from South Africa.
On that note, any one who wants advice on travelling in SA, just message me, plenty of advice and info!
London, Vienna, Berlin, Munich, Amsterdam
- 1 Montepulciano faves
- 2 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 3 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 4 Three nights in London, two nights somewhere else, help?
- 5 Cuenca or Toledo
- 6 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 7 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 8 Dining in Rapallo and Camogli
- 9 Cinque Terre or More Tuscan Villages?
- 10 Paris trip report
- 11 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 12 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 13 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 14 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 15 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 18 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 19 I Need To Vent!
- 20 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 21 Planning a honeymoon in Spain - most romantic areas??
- 22 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 23 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 24 June Garden Event at Hever Castle.
- 25 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights