We will be first-time visitors to London this June for a week and I have been reading that getting Travelcards is a must for the 2 for 1 deals.
I have a few questions:
1--Where would the nearest National Rail ticket booth be to St. Katharine Docks? This is where we are staying and we'd like to purchase them upon our arrival. (Yes, we know to bring two passport pictures along.)
2--When purchasing the Travelcards, will we actually get coupons for the 2 for 1 deals or should they be printed out before our trip?
3--We will be in London 7.5 days. It is my understanding that we will be able to use the Travelcards for tube transportation in Zone 1 & 2. Would buying an Oyster card then be unnecessary? I'm not yet sure how far zone 2 goes....hopefully it covers the Tower Hill tube station.
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tickets for Wimbledon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 4 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 7 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 8 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 Berlin to ?
- 14 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 17 Piedmont question
- 18 Insurance on rental car options
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 21 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 22 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 23 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 24 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 25 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows