We will be first-time visitors to London this June for a week and I have been reading that getting Travelcards is a must for the 2 for 1 deals.
I have a few questions:
1--Where would the nearest National Rail ticket booth be to St. Katharine Docks? This is where we are staying and we'd like to purchase them upon our arrival. (Yes, we know to bring two passport pictures along.)
2--When purchasing the Travelcards, will we actually get coupons for the 2 for 1 deals or should they be printed out before our trip?
3--We will be in London 7.5 days. It is my understanding that we will be able to use the Travelcards for tube transportation in Zone 1 & 2. Would buying an Oyster card then be unnecessary? I'm not yet sure how far zone 2 goes....hopefully it covers the Tower Hill tube station.
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 7 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 8 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 9 Trip suggestion
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 Summer Travel order
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 14 LIsbon
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Corfu
- 17 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 18 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 21 International Flight Question
- 22 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 23 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 24 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking