I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
London Travel and oyster cards odd restrictions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 5 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 6 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 10 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Southern Spain
- 13 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 14 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 15 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 18 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 19 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 23 Italy Countryside
- 24 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)