I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Too much for one day?
- 2 Travel WiFi - France
- 3 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 4 12 days europe
- 5 Italy for the first time
- 6 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 7 Christmas Week in London
- 8 RFID Protection
- 9 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 10 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 12 Germany and Austria trip report
- 13 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 14 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 15 London Itinerary and Questions
- 16 Beaches in Southern France
- 17 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 18 3 days to spend in europe
- 19 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 20 Ali
- 21 Paris to Ramstein
- 22 Lyon: where to have an authentic bouchon experience?
- 23 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 24 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 25 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?