I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
London Travel and oyster cards odd restrictions
- 1 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 4 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 7 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 8 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 9 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 10 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 11 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 7 days in Andalucia
- 14 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 Belgium
- 21 Navigo Decouverte
- 22 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 23 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 24 More help with housing in Puglia
- 25 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?