I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 2 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 3 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 4 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Amsterdam
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 11 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 12 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 13 Train / Calabria
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise