I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
London Travel and oyster cards odd restrictions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 4 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 5 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 6 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 7 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 8 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 9 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 10 nearby cities to london
- 11 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 12 London hotel
- 13 Prague - Tram #22
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 19 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 20 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 21 Where to stay in Rome
- 22 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 23 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 Italy Apartment What To Bring