I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Uber vs. TfL
- 8 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 15 celticmoon, a quick question
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 What fresh hell is this?
- 19 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 20 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 21 Which Train Station in Venice
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Bordeaux to Nice