I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 6 Vienna to Budapest via Bratislava stopover
- 7 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Base for hiking in Lower Engadine
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 13 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 14 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 15 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 16 Whistle stop family road trip
- 17 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 18 The DCC scam is spreading
- 19 ATM by Budapest Nuygati TS
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland