I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 2 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 3 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 4 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
- 5 Munich Under Attack...
- 6 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 7 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 8 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 9 From Genoa to Rome...
- 10 Greece Itinerary
- 11 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 12 Spain in November
- 13 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 14 3 Days in Naples...
- 15 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 16 How big backpack do I need?
- 17 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 18 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 19 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 20 Dentix in Spain
- 21 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 22 First trip - destination advice!
- 23 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 24 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 25 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25