I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
London Travel and oyster cards odd restrictions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 2 Where to go from Brussels?
- 3 Croatia: ajvar recipe
- 4 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 We Need a Pact
- 7 I need a haircut
- 8 What to wear
- 9 All you need in croatia
- 10 Tipping in Greece
- 11 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 12 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 13 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 14 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 15 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 16 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 17 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 18 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 19 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 20 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 21 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 22 Bayern seasonal pass
- 23 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 24 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 25 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train