I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
London Travel and oyster cards odd restrictions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 2 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 3 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 4 A full week in The Netherlands
- 5 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 6 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 7 Girona, Spain - Restaurant for a Sunday night
- 8 Help with a small island in Greece
- 9 things in Rhonda
- 10 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 11 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 12 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 13 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 14 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 15 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 16 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 17 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 18 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 19 where to buy a LV bag?
- 20 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 21 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 22 Italy-Croatia-Istanbul
- 23 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 24 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 25 Favorite Views of Paris?