I am traveling with my family to London for only 3 days and I am very confused with the rules for the travel and oyster cards.
For me and my wife I was planing to buy adult 1 day off-peak Travelcards for zones 1-2.
My children are 12 and 15 and that seems to create a problem if I am right. They don't get any discount buying them 1 day Travelcard. Is that right? What are my options? Should I buy Oyster cards for them in order to get a better price? But then, I need to get a refund on the Oyster card, which I understand it is a mild pain.
Or it would be best to get Oyster cards for everyone and then apply for the refund?
This is very complicated !!!!
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia or La Langhe
- 2 French immersion courses in France
- 3 Munich
- 4 Paris---baguette question???
- 5 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 6 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 7 Vienna or Budapest?
- 8 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 11 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 12 Italy/Greece with kids
- 13 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 14 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 15 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 16 10 day Greek Island trip
- 17 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 18 Portugal itinerary help
- 19 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 20 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 21 Lisbon NYE
- 22 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 23 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 24 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 25 English Countryside