DH and I will be visiting London in May and will make a couple of short train trips to Bedford and Tring. Is it best to purchase the tickets on the days we want to travel or is there any advantage to purchasing now? If I buy them online (I am in the US) is it best to purchase on nationalrail.co.uk? I have also looked at thetrainline.co.uk.
We also plan to purchase one way tickets from Bath to London and thought we should purchase those now since we want to travel on a Saturday and would like to have our preferred travel time. Does this make sense for our destinations?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Praiano
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 5 Help please
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 11 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 12 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 13 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 16 Rome to venice
- 17 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 18 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 19 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 20 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 21 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 22 Areas in Milan
- 23 Melia Colbert Paris
- 24 Perugia
- 25 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please