DH and I will be visiting London in May and will make a couple of short train trips to Bedford and Tring. Is it best to purchase the tickets on the days we want to travel or is there any advantage to purchasing now? If I buy them online (I am in the US) is it best to purchase on nationalrail.co.uk? I have also looked at thetrainline.co.uk.
We also plan to purchase one way tickets from Bath to London and thought we should purchase those now since we want to travel on a Saturday and would like to have our preferred travel time. Does this make sense for our destinations?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER Printer Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 BROTHER Tec*h 24by7
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 7 Paris to Italy
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 11 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 Road trip with our dog
- 19 Frankfurt to UK
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 22 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 23 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 24 Electrical Power Conversion
- 25 Douro Valley in January?