DH and I will be visiting London in May and will make a couple of short train trips to Bedford and Tring. Is it best to purchase the tickets on the days we want to travel or is there any advantage to purchasing now? If I buy them online (I am in the US) is it best to purchase on nationalrail.co.uk? I have also looked at thetrainline.co.uk.
We also plan to purchase one way tickets from Bath to London and thought we should purchase those now since we want to travel on a Saturday and would like to have our preferred travel time. Does this make sense for our destinations?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 Madrird and Seville
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 5 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 6 Greece
- 7 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 8 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 11 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 14 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 London with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 22 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 23 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 24 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 25 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester