DH and I will be visiting London in May and will make a couple of short train trips to Bedford and Tring. Is it best to purchase the tickets on the days we want to travel or is there any advantage to purchasing now? If I buy them online (I am in the US) is it best to purchase on nationalrail.co.uk? I have also looked at thetrainline.co.uk.
We also plan to purchase one way tickets from Bath to London and thought we should purchase those now since we want to travel on a Saturday and would like to have our preferred travel time. Does this make sense for our destinations?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 3 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 4 Trains in Alps and UK
- 5 Switzerland
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 8 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 9 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 13 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 14 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 15 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 CDG airport and connection time
- 18 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 19 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 20 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 21 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 Where to buy Saffron?
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit