DH and I will be visiting London in May and will make a couple of short train trips to Bedford and Tring. Is it best to purchase the tickets on the days we want to travel or is there any advantage to purchasing now? If I buy them online (I am in the US) is it best to purchase on nationalrail.co.uk? I have also looked at thetrainline.co.uk.
We also plan to purchase one way tickets from Bath to London and thought we should purchase those now since we want to travel on a Saturday and would like to have our preferred travel time. Does this make sense for our destinations?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 One night in the Dolomites
- 6 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 7 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 8 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 9 Airport Transit Visa
- 10 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 11 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 12 Where in Greece
- 13 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 14 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 15 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 16 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 17 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 18 Vatican tour
- 19 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 20 Day in Capri
- 21 alcazar question and seville advice
- 22 TSA Precheck
- 23 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 24 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 25 First visit to London