We are planning a Europe trip in May 2015. We are a family of 4 with kids aged 9 and 11. I was planning the following places: London, Paris, Some parts of Switzerland and some parts of Italy. Trip duration can be around 3 weeks.
Currently on Eurostar, it shows a one way fare from London to Paris as 34.50 pounds for May 5th. I thought it is a very good deal even by USA standards. Am I missing something in the above fare ? Only thing I can see is that it is non refundable.
Can I fly into London and then go to Paris via train ?. From Paris go to couple of places in Switzerland by train. Then from there go to Venice and then finally Rome (also by train). And finally fly out from Rome.
Considering the low fare from London to Paris, I am assuming other train tickets will also be cheap if I book now.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to the Lakes, by car or train?
- 2 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 3 Spain/Renfe
- 4 My final Prague itinerary
- 5 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 6 WiFi in France
- 7 First time in Italy / Advice in Tuscan destinations
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 13 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 14 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 15 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 16 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 17 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 18 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 21 Make your Mother’s Day celebration grander with flowers and gifts
- 22 Best neighborhood for apartment in Lisbon?
- 23 Paris to Bordeaux
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?