Hopefully someone has some advice on what to do in this scenario. My parents will be travelling from London to Avignon via Eurostar/TGV combination in June. They are travelling just before the service runs direct from London to Avignon - so a change is required in either Lille or Paris.
Our current thinking is to transfer in Lille (it seems easier to do the change of trains).
So, the dilemma:
1) Eurostar is on sale now (6 months in advance) and has some reasonably good fares (~ 34 pound each) to Lille.
2) The TGV from Lille to Avignon is not on sale for about a month.
Is it best to wait a month and buy it all as one ticket (as I believe you can be ticketed all the way through), or is it best to just buy the Eurostar earlier - while it's cheaper - as the price of it will go up, and therefore a combined ticket will end up more expensive?
I assume that there are sufficient trains from Lille to Avignon - such that if we pick a time (e.g. arriving at Lille at 11.30am), there won't be an arduous long wait for a TGV.
Any information appreciated, as always!
Also, as an aside - Paris remains an option - but as mentioned, I think it would be easier to transit via Lille.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich
- 2 First time in France
- 3 What type of visa is right for me?
- 4 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 5 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 8 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 9 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 10 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 11 Budapest Hotels
- 12 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 13 4 days in switzerland
- 14 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 15 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 16 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 17 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 18 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 19 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 20 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 21 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 22 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 23 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 First Time Solo Travel info