Hopefully someone has some advice on what to do in this scenario. My parents will be travelling from London to Avignon via Eurostar/TGV combination in June. They are travelling just before the service runs direct from London to Avignon - so a change is required in either Lille or Paris.
Our current thinking is to transfer in Lille (it seems easier to do the change of trains).
So, the dilemma:
1) Eurostar is on sale now (6 months in advance) and has some reasonably good fares (~ 34 pound each) to Lille.
2) The TGV from Lille to Avignon is not on sale for about a month.
Is it best to wait a month and buy it all as one ticket (as I believe you can be ticketed all the way through), or is it best to just buy the Eurostar earlier - while it's cheaper - as the price of it will go up, and therefore a combined ticket will end up more expensive?
I assume that there are sufficient trains from Lille to Avignon - such that if we pick a time (e.g. arriving at Lille at 11.30am), there won't be an arduous long wait for a TGV.
Any information appreciated, as always!
Also, as an aside - Paris remains an option - but as mentioned, I think it would be easier to transit via Lille.
London to Avignon - Eurostar/TGV
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 3 Spain traffic tickets
- 4 Reputable Tours
- 5 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 6 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 9 Southern Spain
- 10 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 11 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Best Location to Stay in Barcelona
- 14 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 15 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 16 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 17 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 18 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 19 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 20 Portugal Trip
- 21 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 22 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 23 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 24 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 25 Salzburg and day trips