Hopefully someone has some advice on what to do in this scenario. My parents will be travelling from London to Avignon via Eurostar/TGV combination in June. They are travelling just before the service runs direct from London to Avignon - so a change is required in either Lille or Paris.
Our current thinking is to transfer in Lille (it seems easier to do the change of trains).
So, the dilemma:
1) Eurostar is on sale now (6 months in advance) and has some reasonably good fares (~ 34 pound each) to Lille.
2) The TGV from Lille to Avignon is not on sale for about a month.
Is it best to wait a month and buy it all as one ticket (as I believe you can be ticketed all the way through), or is it best to just buy the Eurostar earlier - while it's cheaper - as the price of it will go up, and therefore a combined ticket will end up more expensive?
I assume that there are sufficient trains from Lille to Avignon - such that if we pick a time (e.g. arriving at Lille at 11.30am), there won't be an arduous long wait for a TGV.
Any information appreciated, as always!
Also, as an aside - Paris remains an option - but as mentioned, I think it would be easier to transit via Lille.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 2 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 3 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 4 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 5 London Theater
- 6 Salzburg itinerary review
- 7 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 8 Poland to Austria In December
- 9 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 10 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 13 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 14 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 15 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 16 Private Guide in Lyon
- 17 Norwegian Air?
- 18 Highclare Castle
- 19 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 20 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 21 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 22 UK in May and June
- 23 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 24 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 25 Suggestions for 3 greek islands