Hopefully someone has some advice on what to do in this scenario. My parents will be travelling from London to Avignon via Eurostar/TGV combination in June. They are travelling just before the service runs direct from London to Avignon - so a change is required in either Lille or Paris.
Our current thinking is to transfer in Lille (it seems easier to do the change of trains).
So, the dilemma:
1) Eurostar is on sale now (6 months in advance) and has some reasonably good fares (~ 34 pound each) to Lille.
2) The TGV from Lille to Avignon is not on sale for about a month.
Is it best to wait a month and buy it all as one ticket (as I believe you can be ticketed all the way through), or is it best to just buy the Eurostar earlier - while it's cheaper - as the price of it will go up, and therefore a combined ticket will end up more expensive?
I assume that there are sufficient trains from Lille to Avignon - such that if we pick a time (e.g. arriving at Lille at 11.30am), there won't be an arduous long wait for a TGV.
Any information appreciated, as always!
Also, as an aside - Paris remains an option - but as mentioned, I think it would be easier to transit via Lille.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 3 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 6 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 7 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 8 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 9 What one thing in Paris?
- 10 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 13 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 14 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 15 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 16 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 17 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 18 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 19 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 20 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 21 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 22 Global Travel Warning...
- 23 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 24 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 25 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!