Hopefully someone has some advice on what to do in this scenario. My parents will be travelling from London to Avignon via Eurostar/TGV combination in June. They are travelling just before the service runs direct from London to Avignon - so a change is required in either Lille or Paris.
Our current thinking is to transfer in Lille (it seems easier to do the change of trains).
So, the dilemma:
1) Eurostar is on sale now (6 months in advance) and has some reasonably good fares (~ 34 pound each) to Lille.
2) The TGV from Lille to Avignon is not on sale for about a month.
Is it best to wait a month and buy it all as one ticket (as I believe you can be ticketed all the way through), or is it best to just buy the Eurostar earlier - while it's cheaper - as the price of it will go up, and therefore a combined ticket will end up more expensive?
I assume that there are sufficient trains from Lille to Avignon - such that if we pick a time (e.g. arriving at Lille at 11.30am), there won't be an arduous long wait for a TGV.
Any information appreciated, as always!
Also, as an aside - Paris remains an option - but as mentioned, I think it would be easier to transit via Lille.
London to Avignon - Eurostar/TGV
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 3 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 4 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 7 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 8 Chip but no PIN
- 9 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 10 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 11 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 12 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 13 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 14 Stay near Paris
- 15 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 16 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 17 Oktoberfest reservations
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 20 Eurostar booking
- 21 Questions for my German friends
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 24 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 25 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?