Hopefully someone has some advice on what to do in this scenario. My parents will be travelling from London to Avignon via Eurostar/TGV combination in June. They are travelling just before the service runs direct from London to Avignon - so a change is required in either Lille or Paris.
Our current thinking is to transfer in Lille (it seems easier to do the change of trains).
So, the dilemma:
1) Eurostar is on sale now (6 months in advance) and has some reasonably good fares (~ 34 pound each) to Lille.
2) The TGV from Lille to Avignon is not on sale for about a month.
Is it best to wait a month and buy it all as one ticket (as I believe you can be ticketed all the way through), or is it best to just buy the Eurostar earlier - while it's cheaper - as the price of it will go up, and therefore a combined ticket will end up more expensive?
I assume that there are sufficient trains from Lille to Avignon - such that if we pick a time (e.g. arriving at Lille at 11.30am), there won't be an arduous long wait for a TGV.
Any information appreciated, as always!
Also, as an aside - Paris remains an option - but as mentioned, I think it would be easier to transit via Lille.
London to Avignon - Eurostar/TGV
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 2 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 3 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids
- 4 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 5 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 6 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 7 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 8 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 9 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 10 Trip to Pyrenees
- 11 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 12 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 13 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 14 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 17 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 18 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 19 Vacation Pictures
- 20 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 21 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 22 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 23 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 24 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 25 Purse week?