Hopefully someone has some advice on what to do in this scenario. My parents will be travelling from London to Avignon via Eurostar/TGV combination in June. They are travelling just before the service runs direct from London to Avignon - so a change is required in either Lille or Paris.
Our current thinking is to transfer in Lille (it seems easier to do the change of trains).
So, the dilemma:
1) Eurostar is on sale now (6 months in advance) and has some reasonably good fares (~ 34 pound each) to Lille.
2) The TGV from Lille to Avignon is not on sale for about a month.
Is it best to wait a month and buy it all as one ticket (as I believe you can be ticketed all the way through), or is it best to just buy the Eurostar earlier - while it's cheaper - as the price of it will go up, and therefore a combined ticket will end up more expensive?
I assume that there are sufficient trains from Lille to Avignon - such that if we pick a time (e.g. arriving at Lille at 11.30am), there won't be an arduous long wait for a TGV.
Any information appreciated, as always!
Also, as an aside - Paris remains an option - but as mentioned, I think it would be easier to transit via Lille.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 2 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 3 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 4 Barcelona completely overrated
- 5 French lavender and cottages
- 6 What Greek islands should I visit
- 7 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 8 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 9 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 10 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 11 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 12 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 13 Ravello to Paestum
- 14 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Spain Itinerary Help
- 17 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 18 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 19 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 20 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 21 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 22 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 23 Girona and Besalau
- 24 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 25 Europe Destination with kids?