Hopefully someone has some advice on what to do in this scenario. My parents will be travelling from London to Avignon via Eurostar/TGV combination in June. They are travelling just before the service runs direct from London to Avignon - so a change is required in either Lille or Paris.
Our current thinking is to transfer in Lille (it seems easier to do the change of trains).
So, the dilemma:
1) Eurostar is on sale now (6 months in advance) and has some reasonably good fares (~ 34 pound each) to Lille.
2) The TGV from Lille to Avignon is not on sale for about a month.
Is it best to wait a month and buy it all as one ticket (as I believe you can be ticketed all the way through), or is it best to just buy the Eurostar earlier - while it's cheaper - as the price of it will go up, and therefore a combined ticket will end up more expensive?
I assume that there are sufficient trains from Lille to Avignon - such that if we pick a time (e.g. arriving at Lille at 11.30am), there won't be an arduous long wait for a TGV.
Any information appreciated, as always!
Also, as an aside - Paris remains an option - but as mentioned, I think it would be easier to transit via Lille.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich Under Attack...
- 2 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 3 Spain in November
- 4 How big backpack do I need?
- 5 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 6 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 7 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 8 From Genoa to Rome...
- 9 Dentix in Spain
- 10 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 11 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 12 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 13 First trip - destination advice!
- 14 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 15 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 16 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 17 Stonehenge and Bath
- 18 Path of the Gods Question
- 19 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 20 Should I speculate?
- 21 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Prague on a budget...
- 24 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 25 Le Marche Sept./Oct.