My husband and I will be spending 6 days in the London area Mid-June. We'll be flying into Heathrow after 2 weeks in Ghana Africa. We're from California.
Never been to the UK.
After our time in Africa, we'd like to see the busy city of London BUT would really like to relax a little in the countryside, seeing the beauty, history, castles, ruins, beautiful towns, etc.
Would you stay outside the city of London so access to train would be easier and just take day trips out?
Would you split the time into 2-3 day chunks staying in 2 different places?
We'd like to stay sorta "budget" .. nice.... but not $200-300 per night.
No car.. just traveling by train.
There is 2 of us. My husband and I.
Any help, guidance, suggestions would be awesome!! Also, does anyone know of a good map online showing cities and trains? I'm totally clueless to where all these cities/towns are in relation to London. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 3 Cascais or Algarve?
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 7 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 8 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 9 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 10 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 11 Azores
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 14 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 15 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 16 Scotland in 7 Days
- 17 Short Trip in July
- 18 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 19 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 20 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 21 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 22 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report