My husband and I will be spending 6 days in the London area Mid-June. We'll be flying into Heathrow after 2 weeks in Ghana Africa. We're from California.
Never been to the UK.
After our time in Africa, we'd like to see the busy city of London BUT would really like to relax a little in the countryside, seeing the beauty, history, castles, ruins, beautiful towns, etc.
Would you stay outside the city of London so access to train would be easier and just take day trips out?
Would you split the time into 2-3 day chunks staying in 2 different places?
We'd like to stay sorta "budget" .. nice.... but not $200-300 per night.
No car.. just traveling by train.
There is 2 of us. My husband and I.
Any help, guidance, suggestions would be awesome!! Also, does anyone know of a good map online showing cities and trains? I'm totally clueless to where all these cities/towns are in relation to London. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 2 파워볼 중계 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 4 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 5 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 6 Scotland itinerary help
- 7 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 8 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 9 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 10 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 11 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 12 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 13 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 14 Scotland
- 15 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 16 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 17 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 18 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 19 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 20 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 21 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 22 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Edinbrugh
- 25 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden