My husband and I will be spending 6 days in the London area Mid-June. We'll be flying into Heathrow after 2 weeks in Ghana Africa. We're from California.
Never been to the UK.
After our time in Africa, we'd like to see the busy city of London BUT would really like to relax a little in the countryside, seeing the beauty, history, castles, ruins, beautiful towns, etc.
Would you stay outside the city of London so access to train would be easier and just take day trips out?
Would you split the time into 2-3 day chunks staying in 2 different places?
We'd like to stay sorta "budget" .. nice.... but not $200-300 per night.
No car.. just traveling by train.
There is 2 of us. My husband and I.
Any help, guidance, suggestions would be awesome!! Also, does anyone know of a good map online showing cities and trains? I'm totally clueless to where all these cities/towns are in relation to London. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Help please
- 3 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 4 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 9 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 10 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 11 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 14 Rome to venice
- 15 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 16 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 17 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 18 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Areas in Milan
- 21 Melia Colbert Paris
- 22 Perugia
- 23 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?