My husband and I will be spending 6 days in the London area Mid-June. We'll be flying into Heathrow after 2 weeks in Ghana Africa. We're from California.
Never been to the UK.
After our time in Africa, we'd like to see the busy city of London BUT would really like to relax a little in the countryside, seeing the beauty, history, castles, ruins, beautiful towns, etc.
Would you stay outside the city of London so access to train would be easier and just take day trips out?
Would you split the time into 2-3 day chunks staying in 2 different places?
We'd like to stay sorta "budget" .. nice.... but not $200-300 per night.
No car.. just traveling by train.
There is 2 of us. My husband and I.
Any help, guidance, suggestions would be awesome!! Also, does anyone know of a good map online showing cities and trains? I'm totally clueless to where all these cities/towns are in relation to London. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Month stay in Southern France
- 2 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Places of interest
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 Croatia transportation question.
- 7 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 8 Ireland hotel questions
- 9 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 10 vienna
- 11 Questions about Polish sights
- 12 Croatia Ferry Help
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 15 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 16 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 21 Switzerland in November?
- 22 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 23 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 Please help with 12 days in England!