My husband and I will be spending 6 days in the London area Mid-June. We'll be flying into Heathrow after 2 weeks in Ghana Africa. We're from California.
Never been to the UK.
After our time in Africa, we'd like to see the busy city of London BUT would really like to relax a little in the countryside, seeing the beauty, history, castles, ruins, beautiful towns, etc.
Would you stay outside the city of London so access to train would be easier and just take day trips out?
Would you split the time into 2-3 day chunks staying in 2 different places?
We'd like to stay sorta "budget" .. nice.... but not $200-300 per night.
No car.. just traveling by train.
There is 2 of us. My husband and I.
Any help, guidance, suggestions would be awesome!! Also, does anyone know of a good map online showing cities and trains? I'm totally clueless to where all these cities/towns are in relation to London. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PARIS
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 4 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 5 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 6 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 7 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 8 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 November in Rome
- 13 Germany or Sweden
- 14 Alitala
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 17 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 18 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 19 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 20 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 21 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 22 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 London vacation rental agency
- 25 Sicily help