My husband and I will be spending 6 days in the London area Mid-June. We'll be flying into Heathrow after 2 weeks in Ghana Africa. We're from California.
Never been to the UK.
After our time in Africa, we'd like to see the busy city of London BUT would really like to relax a little in the countryside, seeing the beauty, history, castles, ruins, beautiful towns, etc.
Would you stay outside the city of London so access to train would be easier and just take day trips out?
Would you split the time into 2-3 day chunks staying in 2 different places?
We'd like to stay sorta "budget" .. nice.... but not $200-300 per night.
No car.. just traveling by train.
There is 2 of us. My husband and I.
Any help, guidance, suggestions would be awesome!! Also, does anyone know of a good map online showing cities and trains? I'm totally clueless to where all these cities/towns are in relation to London. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 3 My special places in Europe
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 6 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 8 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 9 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 10 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 11 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 12 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 13 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 16 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 17 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 18 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 19 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 20 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 21 Italy in a week
- 22 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 23 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 24 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 25 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September