My mother and I will be in London for the Olympics and we are looking for an excellent quality but not fussy restaurant for Sunday dinner after watching the diving competition. We are from NYC so we are accustomed to paying for a wonderful meal, however since we will be eating dinner after watching the event we will not be dressed appropriately for a posh eatery (FYI we will NOT be in shorts,sneakers, jeans, etc…). I’ve had no luck finding an appropriate restaurant that is open on Sunday evening, takes reservations and is within a 40 min tube ride from the Olympic Stadium area. We are NYers so walking and tube rides are not a problem. We would like British, French, European, or Gastropub cuisine (no Asian, Italian, or Indian). Thanks for any suggestions.
London Sunday Dinner
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 2 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 3 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 4 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 5 Arc de Triumph Question
- 6 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 7 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 8 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 9 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 10 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 11 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 12 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 13 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 14 What to wear
- 15 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 16 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 17 Paris November 2014
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 20 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 21 Traveling in France by train
- 22 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 23 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 24 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 25 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?