I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 2 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 3 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 4 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 5 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 6 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 7 Scenic Driving Routes
- 8 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 9 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 10 Trip Report Iceland Ring Road in Campervan
- 11 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 12 London's Must Sights!
- 13 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 14 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 15 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 16 4 days in switzerland
- 17 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 18 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 19 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 20 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 21 14 nights in Europe
- 22 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 23 Oxford 24 hours
- 24 England and Wales by public transport
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna