I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short Trip in July
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 5 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 6 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 7 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 8 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 9 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 10 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 11 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 12 Azores
- 13 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 14 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 15 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 16 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 17 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 18 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 19 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 22 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Sim Card Options
- 25 Greek Islands (small)