I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 2 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 3 Bavaria in August
- 4 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 5 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 6 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 7 Bandol port of call
- 8 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 9 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 10 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 11 August
- 12 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 13 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 14 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 15 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 16 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 17 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 18 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 19 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 20 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 21 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 22 Shopping in Paris
- 23 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 24 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 25 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London