I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 2 Maximizing Norway time
- 3 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 4 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 5 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 6 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 7 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 8 Hiking in Switzerland
- 9 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 10 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 14 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 15 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 21 CASH OR CARD?
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 24 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 25 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!