I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Schengen Rule
- 2 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 5 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 Quizz !
- 8 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 9 Pay attention to your watches !
- 10 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 11 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 12 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Christmas Day in Granada
- 15 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 16 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 17 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 18 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 19 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 20 Zurich to Milan trip
- 21 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 22 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 25 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine