I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
London: Solo traveller needs advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Venice
- 2 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 3 9 days in turkey
- 4 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 9 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 10 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 11 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 12 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 13 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 14 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 19 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 20 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 21 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 22 Europe in 21 days
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip