I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 2 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 3 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 Paris to Ramstein
- 6 3 days with a Swindon base
- 7 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 8 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 9 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 10 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 11 Travel WiFi - France
- 12 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 13 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 14 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 15 RFID Protection
- 16 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 17 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 18 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 19 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 20 3 days to spend in europe
- 21 12 days europe
- 22 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 23 Beaches in Southern France
- 24 Rail pass question
- 25 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary