I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 2 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 3 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 4 evening of song and dance
- 5 Naples or Genoa
- 6 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 7 SIM card
- 8 Our time in Rome
- 9 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 10 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 11 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 12 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 13 Venice Film Fest
- 14 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 15 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 16 Europe itinerary review
- 17 Lake Lucerne Boat Travel
- 18 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 19 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 20 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 21 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 22 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 23 Walk across Europe: Warsaw - Gibraltar
- 24 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 25 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?