I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Way... trust or bust?
- 2 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 3 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 4 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 5 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 6 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 7 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 8 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 9 Walking GPS?
- 10 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 11 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 12 Cost of Van from CDG
- 13 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 14 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 15 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 16 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 17 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 18 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 19 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 20 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 21 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 22 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 23 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 24 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 25 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?