I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
London: Solo traveller needs advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London visit
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 4 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 5 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 6 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 7 London 2nd time around
- 8 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 9 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 10 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 11 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 12 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 13 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 14 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 17 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 18 Budget for 3 Month's
- 19 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 24 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 25 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel