I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 3 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 4 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 5 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 6 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 7 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 8 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 9 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 10 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 11 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 12 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 13 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 14 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 15 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 16 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 17 Italy by car
- 18 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 19 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 20 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 21 T Mobile Does it Again
- 22 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 23 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 24 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 25 Seville Itinerary