I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 2 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 3 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 6 Croatia transportation question.
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 A Month stay in Southern France
- 9 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 10 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 11 If you had to choose one......
- 12 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 13 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 14 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 15 2017 Easter in Italy
- 16 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 17 Bernina Express mid-March
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel