I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
London: Solo traveller needs advice!
- 1 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 2 London at Xmas
- 3 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 4 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 5 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 6 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 7 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 8 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 9 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 10 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 11 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 Backpacking through Europe
- 14 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 15 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 16 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 17 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 18 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 19 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 20 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 21 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 22 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 23 ferry to Harwich
- 24 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 25 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG