I'm planning to head to Europe this summer (never been before), and will be hitting up London for one week. Where would be the best location in the city for one to stay in a hotel? I plan to be busy all day and will be relying on the subway, so proximity to major sites isn't a huge priority. I'd like to make sure I stay in a fairly busy part of town (Soho?) where there are lot's of pubs/restaurants and people walking around, I plan to come back to the hotel, relax a little bit then want to WALK to restaurants and pubs later in the night. Since I'm flying solo, are there good places to meet people to chat with over a beer? I was contemplating staying in a hostel so I'd have people to have a drink with at night - but I can afford a hotel (I've done the hostel thing before). Any advice would be much appreciated!!
London: Solo traveller needs advice!
- 1 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 2 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 5 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 6 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 7 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 8 Car in Prague
- 9 2 Week European Itinerary
- 10 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 11 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 12 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 13 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 16 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 17 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 20 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 21 Italian Lakes gardens
- 22 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 23 Dresden Train Station
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary